D2 Tournament Thread…General Talk/Matchups

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

D2 Tournament Thread…General Talk/Matchups

Post by Ironman92 »

Friday’s Sectional Finals

Waverly vs Athens….tough tough matchup for Athens. I can’t see it staying close. Waverly advances

Warren Local vs Nee Lexington….tough draw for both early on but that’s D2. I’m sure new Lex will be game but it’s really hard to go against Warren at home in the tournament. Warren Local by 14

Logan Elm vs Hillsboro….Gut feeling this one is tight. Hillsboro hasn’t shown to be very successful on the road but Price, Captain and Parry might go big and Prince will have Hillsboro prepped and ready, but in the end I can’t go against Stiverson and Holbert. Logan Elm by 5 (one possession game in the last minute)

Fairfield Union vs Jackson….I fully believe Jackson is dangerous and I know FU won’t be looking past them at all. FU at home. IF Jackson avoids foul trouble (really only one able player has had much foul difficulty) and they hit the shots they should….it did doable to leave with a win. I think Jackson either wins a 50-48 type game or loses in a 48-35 fashion.

McClain vs Marietta ……Etta always interesting tourney draw. They’ll have seen better teams. McClain is better and senior guard laden and I always side that way. McClain by 10

Washington vs Unioto…..Washington wants that 3rd go around…healthy and neutral site with McClain and Washington is darn dangerous with maybe the highest ceiling but need consistency and focus to not get mildly upset by Unioto. Branson has the ability to offset Coulter and Park can match LeMaster is LeMaster isn’t focused. Key for Washington is Walk and the Haithcock boys being great role players….if two of those 3 play well, I think everyone is in trouble. Washington by 11….but no one is forgetting tournament Unioto last year

Sheridan vs Vinton County….Sheridan is the favorite but this VC team has a good feel to them. They played a nice schedule on the road late in the year (@McClain and @Washington) and the Vikings can score. Karr/Damron/Radabaugh can all score and are consistent with it…they can hit deep and get to the lane. Combs has a good offensive scheme for his team and they score on you. A long 6’5 and a big 6’5….well coached….Sheridan best play well because VC will. In similar fashion to my Jackson prediction….I think VC might win by 1 or lose by about 17. Sheridan is a better seed for a reason and at home. My money bet would have to be with Sheridan, but I do like this VC team.

Gallia Academy vs Miami Trace…..Gallia is the better team but they didn’t finish well for sure. Both teams have two of the biggest boys in the SE district….if one gets into foul trouble, big advantage other team. Gallia more athletic guards but MT kids have improved. I feel Gallia pulls away pretty good in 2nd half. Gallia Academy by 15

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: D2 Tournament Thread…General Talk/Matchups

Post by Ironman92 »

And now the pre tournament thread gets stickied 🤷🏻‍♂️

Whs95fan
S

Re: D2 Tournament Thread…General Talk/Matchups

Post by Whs95fan »

Good rematch for Warren to see what kind of improvement we've made throughout the season, New Lex almost upset Meadowbrook last night and held the lead late into the 4th. Warren has streamed the past few games on their YT so for anyone wanting to watch you should be able to here
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC3F3oW1YYvrHLtqmfyOXU_A

Go Blue

Return to “Boys Basketball”