2021-2022 SVC

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Re: 2021-2022 SVC

Post by soggybottomtopper »

I will end my comments on this with one final post! I am NOT Coach Bradley! I am NOT Coach Bradley's wife! I AM a basketball fan of the area...and I call it how I see it! I appreciate the fact that some think I MIGHT have some knowledge of the game and or teams. But, I am DONE commenting about what is pretty obvious for anyone that knows the game and how it should be played! Good luck to all in the area in their tournament runs. Y'all have a great evening.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Before moving on from whatever this has been, Huntington has some nice talent coming. It’s been a tough year record wise, but those kids play their tails off.

It takes a while to get things going, it took Coach Hoops 3 long unsuccessful seasons to get things moving towards the right direction record wise. These things don’t happen overnight and I know Coach Bradley, if given time, will have the Township rocking again.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Great win tonight for Adena. Started their seniors and they got off to a really good start before the younger guys took over and continued that run. PV got it down to 1 twice in the 4th quarter, but could never get the lead.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Brutal. Brutal week for Southeastern if the schedule holds.

Home vs. Zane trace tonight.
Home vs. New Hope on Thursday
Home vs. Adena on Friday
Travels to Paint Valley on Saturday

Good luck to those young men. Late season legs and 4 games in 5 nights. Tough, tough break.

bandleader
Waterboy

Post by bandleader »

This is ridiculous. You're talking about a coach who has an SVC title. A district title. Three sectional titles. In what, 5 or 6 years at Adena? You can like him or not, that's up to you. But he obviously knows what he's doing. I rarely post on here, but if you're criticizing a guy who stepped into what was a bad program and is trying to instill discipline and a culture that breeds success, I can only assume you're a parent of one of the kids that didn't want to be in that kind of program. And that's a bad look for you.

Justin Kellough
Waterboy

Post by Justin Kellough »

Go Green.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

wow

60ft
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft »

My opinion on winning District, SVC and Sectionals. With that group he coached I think majority of coaches could have won with Garrison, Sykes, Fout and Bennett. Last year group was probably the best group ever came out of Adena on the boy’s side. Now on the coach he was probably the best coach ever coached at Adena. He was really detailed on plays. He was really great with quick hitters and also he knew when to call timeout at the right time. I watched that group multiple times in the tournament. I wish he would’ve stayed two or 3 more years at Adena. Adena has a stud sophomore. Good luck to Huntington and Adena. Good luck Coach

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I don't have a dog in this - whatever it is - I watch a lot of basketball, I see what goes on ON the court and I KNOW what it takes to get players to perform ON the court as TEAM ... over the years I've talked to many coaches from all around SEOhio - when Coach Bradley was at Adena whenever I talked hoops and with Adena's team from last year and years prior - the Adena team and Coach Bradley was part of the conversation ... Coach Bradley had/has the respect of his peers throughout SEOhio ... I had the pleasure to meet Coach Bradley THIS season early in the season - he was scouting ... he had no reason to even know who I was but when other coaches were coming up to the Cheap Seats he put 2 and 2 together ... Coach Bradley introduced himself, we talked about his team THIS season, his program ... Coach Bradley as daniC pointed out if given the chance to get his program established WILL GET IT DONE ... I told Coach Bradley that "I" was confident that HE would get it done at Huntington ... I look forward to watching where Coach takes the Huntsmen each year ... in order to get results on the court, establishing/setting the bar for your players and the program has to be developed first ... expectations for players, the program are established so that improvement can be gauged in practice, in games and for the season as goals are set for the NEXT summer program, preseason and season ... Coach Bradley is one of the good ones ...

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Wow. Smh. No need for that.

bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Post by bucknuts09 »

The Hunter wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:03 pm
pfloyd wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:46 pm I don't have a dog in this - whatever it is - I watch a lot of basketball, I see what goes on ON the court and I KNOW what it takes to get players to perform ON the court as TEAM ... over the years I've talked to many coaches from all around SEOhio - when Coach Bradley was at Adena whenever I talked hoops and with Adena's team from last year and years prior - the Adena team and Coach Bradley was part of the conversation ... Coach Bradley had/has the respect of his peers throughout SEOhio ... I had the pleasure to meet Coach Bradley THIS season early in the season - he was scouting ... he had no reason to even know who I was but when other coaches were coming up to the Cheap Seats he put 2 and 2 together ... Coach Bradley introduced himself, we talked about his team THIS season, his program ... Coach Bradley as daniC pointed out if given the chance to get his program established WILL GET IT DONE ... I told Coach Bradley that "I" was confident that HE would get it done at Huntington ... I look forward to watching where Coach takes the Huntsmen each year ... in order to get results on the court, establishing/setting the bar for your players and the program has to be developed first ... expectations for players, the program are established so that improvement can be gauged in practice, in games and for the season as goals are set for the NEXT summer program, preseason and season ... Coach Bradley is one of the good ones ...
I’m not surprised to see this post. You see, pfloyd, you are a b?tch. You post on here and kiss everyone’s ass. Why? Because you are so starved for attention that you just want somebody to walk up to you and shake your hand. Well, congratulations! Most of these douchebag coaches around here are huge dorks, too. They will shake your hand and be nice to you. You probably got your a$$ beat in high school for being such a nerd just like Coach Bradley did. FO
You must not have a life to get on here and make this comment. Sounds like someone needs to get some help! This is a sports thread if you don’t like it then take your B.S somewhere else! Talking about a bad look, you are the prime example of a bad look!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bucknuts09 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:38 pm
pfloyd wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:46 pm I don't have a dog in this - whatever it is - I watch a lot of basketball, I see what goes on ON the court and I KNOW what it takes to get players to perform ON the court as TEAM ... over the years I've talked to many coaches from all around SEOhio - when Coach Bradley was at Adena whenever I talked hoops and with Adena's team from last year and years prior - the Adena team and Coach Bradley was part of the conversation ... Coach Bradley had/has the respect of his peers throughout SEOhio ... I had the pleasure to meet Coach Bradley THIS season early in the season - he was scouting ... he had no reason to even know who I was but when other coaches were coming up to the Cheap Seats he put 2 and 2 together ... Coach Bradley introduced himself, we talked about his team THIS season, his program ... Coach Bradley as daniC pointed out if given the chance to get his program established WILL GET IT DONE ... I told Coach Bradley that "I" was confident that HE would get it done at Huntington ... I look forward to watching where Coach takes the Huntsmen each year ... in order to get results on the court, establishing/setting the bar for your players and the program has to be developed first ... expectations for players, the program are established so that improvement can be gauged in practice, in games and for the season as goals are set for the NEXT summer program, preseason and season ... Coach Bradley is one of the good ones ...
I’m not surprised to see this post. You see, pfloyd, you are a b?tch. You post on here and kiss everyone’s ass. Why? Because you are so starved for attention that you just want somebody to walk up to you and shake your hand. Well, congratulations! Most of these douchebag coaches around here are huge dorks, too. They will shake your hand and be nice to you. You probably got your a$$ beat in high school for being such a nerd just like Coach Bradley did. FO
You must not have a life to get on here and make this comment. Sounds like someone needs to get some help! This is a sports thread if you don’t like it then take your B.S somewhere else! Talking about a bad look, you are the prime example of a bad look!
I have a feeling that they’ll be gone soon. I hope so at least

bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Post by bucknuts09 »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:44 pm

I have a feeling that they’ll be gone soon. I hope so at least
I would definitely think so!

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Me too. Must be tough to be such an angry person all the time.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Wow, just saw the post from "the Hunter" or the post within the other posts - looks like the original was deleted ... why the anger for taking an opposing viewpoint ? reminds me of a Steven Wright quote -"Then on the other hand ... there's more fingers" ... I won't respond to "the Hunter" ...

Seopnation
Freshman Team

Post by Seopnation »

Final Standings:

Zane Trace 12-2, 15-5
Piketon 10-4, 13-9
Unioto 9-5, 12-9
Westfall 8-6, 11-8
Paint Valley 8-6, 10-12
Southeastern 5-9, 8-14
Adena 4-10, 5-16
Huntington 0-14, 5-17

Congrats to Zane Trace for outlasting the rest. The most talented team this year! Was also surprised at Piketon this year. Ended a lot higher than most thought. Disappointed in PV, should’ve been a lot higher with their talent.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Seopnation wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:24 am Final Standings:

Zane Trace 12-2, 15-5
Piketon 10-4, 13-9
Unioto 9-5, 12-9
Westfall 8-6, 11-8
Paint Valley 8-6, 10-12
Southeastern 5-9, 8-14
Adena 4-10, 5-16
Huntington 0-14, 5-17

Congrats to Zane Trace for outlasting the rest. The most talented team this year! Was also surprised at Piketon this year. Ended a lot higher than most thought. Disappointed in PV, should’ve been a lot higher with their talent.
Agree

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Congrats to Zt on the league title! 3 out of the last 4 years. Zane Trace will continue to be tough for years to come. They will return their top three scores next year, Jv team was undefeated in the league and the 8th grade won the league also. Congrats to all the other league teams for a great season & good luck in tournaments!

BackTap
Riding the Bench

Post by BackTap »

Thoughts on the svc all league honors?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

BackTap wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:19 am Thoughts on the svc all league honors?
I didn’t watch a lot of games for obvious reasons but I think the best player in the league won POY and I don’t see any issues at all with 1st team. All those kids had really good years for their schools.

Return to “Boys Basketball”