D3 Scores and Updates 2022

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Division lll SE district

Post by Ironman92 »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:31 pm I’m going to predict Fairland and Eastern Brown as the Cinderella’s on the other side!
I lol’d

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think Fairland has no one in their way to the district finals. Don’t think Minford does either….but way bigger upsets have happened before.

I think Portsmouth might be trouble for Eastern Brown but Portsmouth might not get past South Point.

I think Ironton might be trouble for Zane Trace but Ironton might not get beyond Chesapeake

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Don't get me wrong, I am not going out on any limbs and calling a shocking upset. I think those top 4 seeds are pretty solid as usual, but I will only say that the tournament has a way of greasing the trigger and lids find baskets all of the time. Plus, you know somebody will get on a heater! We know it will happen, calling it is another thing. I am getting pumped!

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

Let’s hear the predictions for the District Semifinal matchups in this Division?

(1) Minford vs (9) Piketon
(4) Zane Trace vs (12) Ironton
(2) Fairland vs (10) Westfall
(3) Eastern Brown vs (6) South Point

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Ironton still has to win first game and then should meet The Peake who they lost too twice by 5 and 11. Would play at The Peake.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:11 pm Don't get me wrong, I am not going out on any limbs and calling a shocking upset. I think those top 4 seeds are pretty solid as usual, but I will only say that the tournament has a way of greasing the trigger and lids find baskets all of the time. Plus, you know somebody will get on a heater! We know it will happen, calling it is another thing. I am getting pumped!
Well said

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

You never know at the one and done crazy things happen.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

I have to say this, just because of what I witnessed last night. North Adams has a legit problem to stop...when Copas has it going, good luck! If they get by CGDB, they go into Eastern where they are comfortable and know them. It is usually a battle. Copas is the type of kid that can carry you on a tournament run and his defense in the second half on Montgomery was outstanding. If he gets help and the perimeter game is on, North Adams carries a real chance to be that glass slipper as a #14. Just my opinion. But, I know...I know...Eastern Brown sees them coming and knows them. This is why we play them

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

peake71 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:27 pm Ironton still has to win first game and then should meet The Peake who they lost too twice by 5 and 11. Would play at The Peake.

You are exactly right, The Peake has definitely had Ironton’s number this year. With that being said, both games were extremely competitive and I feel like Ironton is playing much better now. It’s unfortunate two quality league opponents get matched up in the Sectional Final. This would be a good District game.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Good luck to all of the area athletes, their coaches and safe travels for all communities! It is BASKETBALL 30 in the SE district. Here we goooo!

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:39 pm I think Fairland has no one in their way to the district finals. Don’t think Minford does either….but way bigger upsets have happened before.
How do you figure? West has beat Fairland this year. I don’t think our guys will be a pushover by any means Friday night

Loyal Loyal to The West Side
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:24 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:39 pm I think Fairland has no one in their way to the district finals. Don’t think Minford does either….but way bigger upsets have happened before.
How do you figure? West has beat Fairland this year. I don’t think our guys will be a pushover by any means Friday night
Best of luck to you guys, nothing against the West kids. I don’t believe they’ll be able to go into Proctorville and beat Fairland in the sectional finals

I will say the OVC teams didn’t finish out too strong so West jumping out could be a problem.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I think Portsmouth might be trouble for Eastern Brown but Portsmouth might not get past South Point.

I think Ironton might be trouble for Zane Trace but Ironton might not get beyond Chesapeake
I dunno about Minford... Yes, they are good. But assuming Wheelersburg beats Piketon then that is a very tough matchup in the district semi's. Wheelersburg is back to full health now and are playing much better basketball... not to mention it's very difficult to beat a team 3 times.

Both teams know the strength's of the other. Wheelersburg could absolutely knock off Minford.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:17 am

I dunno about Minford... Yes, they are good. But assuming Wheelersburg beats Piketon then that is a very tough matchup in the district semi's. Wheelersburg is back to full health now and are playing much better basketball... not to mention it's very difficult to beat a team 3 times.

Both teams know the strength's of the other. Wheelersburg could absolutely knock off Minford.

And yes I fully expect Wheelersburg to knock off Piketon. The SVC is very down this year while the SOC 2 is really strong. Wheelersburg is about a 10 point favorite there IMO.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:20 am
bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:17 am

And yes I fully expect Wheelersburg to knock off Piketon. The SVC is very down this year while the SOC 2 is really strong. Wheelersburg is about a 10 point favorite there IMO.
Most likely, but Piketon has been playing outstanding defense the 2nd half of the season, so they’ll have a puncher’s chance.

MattyIce
Freshman Team

D III Sectional Finals: Predictions

Post by MattyIce »

Ironton at Chesapeake
Portsmouth at South Point
Piketon at Burg
North Adams at Eastern Brown
West at Fairland
Lynchburg at Alexander
Meigs at Zane Trace
Wellston at Minford

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: D III Sectional Finals: Predictions

Post by wobycat »

Minford maybe the only lock in these matchups.

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: D III Sectional Finals: Predictions

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironton at Chesapeake -- Peake by 5

Portsmouth at South Point - Portsmouth by 4

Piketon at Burg - Burg by 11

North Adams at Eastern Brown - Eastern Brown by 14

West at Fairland - Fairland by 8

Lynchburg at Alexander - Alexander by 9

Meigs at Zane Trace - Zane Trace by 15

Wellston at Minford - Minford by 25

hhawk
Freshman Team

Post by hhawk »

I don't understand why the southeastern teams have to start there sectionals tournaments so early,why can't they start there tournaments the week of Feb 21,it would give theses teams time play some of there makeup games, after there sectionals finials,then they are off for 8 days till next tournament game, doesn't the southeast play there sectionals games at the higher seed teams home court

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

The Southest has no div one and is heavy in Div3 and 4 so it takes more games to get thru tourament.

Return to “Boys Basketball”