D2 Scores and Updates 2022

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Division II SE District Thread

Post by Ironman92 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:21 pm Where are sectional finals played?
Better seed

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

Thought Warren would be a little higher. Surprised Sheridan behind FU considering the head to head game. Some pretty good 1st round matchups, Seeds 5-8 will all have to battle to hold home court.

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

I feel like every FAC team in this district could advance to the next round. Hillsboro has the toughest matchup, playing a very good Logan Elm team. With Hunter Price, Quinton Captain, and Ethan Parry, if any of them get hot it could be a tough night for the Braves. Inconsistency has been a huge part of the Indians season, hard to know which Indians team you will see from one game to the next. Pulling for my FAC Indians in this one though! Miami Trace @ Gallia is a very intriguing matchup. Guthrie vs Clary should be real fun. I think that those two cancel each other out and that leaves it up to the supporting cast of both teams. Gallia does have a better team, but MT has some solid young pieces in Boedecker, Guess, Fliehman, and Osborne, and they could very well make this one interesting. Lets go Panthers! Jackson plays a really tough FU team but i think that they match up well with them. Jackson is another team that has been very inconsistent this season, in my opinion lacking a true solid PG that takes care of the ball and distributes it well. I do think that this is a game the Ironmen can win. Prater, Blankenship, Winters, Miller, Woodard give them a chance on any given night. Hoping to see an Ironmen WIN! Court House ended up with a home game and landed Unioto in the first round. This very well could be the best first round matchup in the district. These two met earlier in the season and I was able to watch the Livestream through Unioto's YouTube page, what a game! WCH won the first matchup by 7 or 8, ending a nearly two year win streak at home, but it was a nail biter into the final minute. DeSean Branson is an excellent player. Piece him together with Evan Park and Newton and Blake Hoops, you have the makings of a really tough basketball team. In the first matchup, Lemaster and Colter combined for over 40 of the Blue Lions points, and Branson went for around 30. The Blue Lions have a solid lineup with Colter, Lemaster, Wall, Haithcock, Haithcock. Truly one of the best teams in the district when they are playing well. Rooting for the Blue Lions here! Court House does have a pretty big incentive with this matchup as a win will more than likely give them another attempt to knock of the Tigers of McClain. Speaking of McClain, they rightfully earned a 2 seed in the district. They truly have an excellent, senior laden team this year. Badgley, Saunders, Toney, Wright, Potts. An outstanding starting lineup with 2-3 more seniors in relief. As long as McClain isn't looking past Marietta toward a potential 2nd round trilogy vs WCH, they should win comfortably in the first round. I think Coach Stewart will have the Tigers focused on "One game at a time" and Mcclain wins in round one. Go Tigers! Very excited for some tournament basketball!

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Rematch between Warren and New Lex this weekend, I feel like both teams have trended in opposite directions since they last met in late December, any New Lex fans on here?

Go Blue
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Last night VC upset Washington in overtime win way to end season.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

District Semifinals
Waverly vs. Warren
Logan Elm vs. Fairfield Union
Greenfield vs. Washington C.H.
Gallia Academy vs. Sheridan

District Finals
Waverly vs. Logan Elm
Washington C.H. vs. Sheridan

District Champions
Waverly
Washington C.H.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

District Semifinals
Waverly vs. Warren
Logan Elm vs. Fairfield Union
Greenfield vs. Washington C.H.
Gallia Academy vs. Sheridan

District Finals
Waverly vs. Logan Elm
Washington C.H. vs. Sheridan

District Champions
Waverly
Washington C.H.

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

Whs95fan wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:58 am Rematch between Warren and New Lex this weekend, I feel like both teams have trended in opposite directions since they last met in late December, any New Lex fans on here?
Pretty sure NL will be without their coach the rest of the season. He got his 2nd ejection last week down at Morgan. They did have a nice win over a Solid West M team Friday, but took a loss against a very good Tri Valley team Saturday. If they are knocking down 3's they can be a very dangerous team, but their lack of depth could hurt them vs Warren.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Treyman3 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:03 pm
Whs95fan wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:58 am Rematch between Warren and New Lex this weekend, I feel like both teams have trended in opposite directions since they last met in late December, any New Lex fans on here?
Pretty sure NL will be without their coach the rest of the season. He got his 2nd ejection last week down at Morgan. They did have a nice win over a Solid West M team Friday, but took a loss against a very good Tri Valley team Saturday. If they are knocking down 3's they can be a very dangerous team, but their lack of depth could hurt them vs Warren.
Wow, 2 ejections in a year gets you what?

Go Blue
E High
All State

Post by E High »

The format in the SE is ancient. Teams can’t pick who they want at the draw. I get the travel distance, but an 8th seed like Warren, for example, has to play waverly in the 2nd game of the tournament ? It’s 2022. I don’t think any other districts does this ! If so , they also need to change.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

E High wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:17 pm The format in the SE is ancient. Teams can’t pick who they want at the draw. I get the travel distance, but an 8th seed like Warren, for example, has to play waverly in the 2nd game of the tournament ? It’s 2022. I don’t think any other districts does this ! If so , they also need to change.
No other district does. They changed it from locked in sectional sites to home sites, so at least they appear to be willing to change somewhat.

Hopefully this is the last year of it, because it is extremely outdated.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Any "upsets" to keep an eye on in sectional play?

Go Blue
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Whs95fan wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:03 pm Any "upsets" to keep an eye on in sectional play?
About every game

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Whs95fan wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:03 pm Any "upsets" to keep an eye on in sectional play?
I think this could be another crazy year (like almost every other) or could strangely go chalk.

So many talented teams and excellent coaches for their not too be a couple of upsets along the way.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

I tend to agree, but I do think Waverly and McClain are basically shoo-ins

Go Blue
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Don't count Gallia out when the guards come to play the to big men will deliver !!! ;)

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Semifinals
Waverly vs New Lexington
Logan Elm vs Fairfield
Mcclain vs Unioto
Gallia vs Sheridan
District finals
Waverly vs Logan Elm
Mcclain vs Gallia
District Champs
Logan Elm
Mcclain

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

Whs95fan wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:20 pm I tend to agree, but I do think Waverly and McClain are basically shoo-ins
If WCH comes to play-McClain is not a shoo in

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

jose wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:14 am
Whs95fan wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:20 pm I tend to agree, but I do think Waverly and McClain are basically shoo-ins
If WCH comes to play-McClain is not a shoo in
I meant for the sectional final games, not district

Go Blue
FACSPORTS
JV Team

Re: D2 Scores and Updates 2022

Post by FACSPORTS »

Good luck tonight to the Ironmen, Tigers, Panthers, Blue Lions, and Indians!

Return to “Boys Basketball”