Top 5 Players in the SE District

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Top 5 Players in the SE District

Post by Ironman92 »

WonderNova wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:57 pm No love for Eastern Brown's Luke Garrett or Trent Hundley? Im suprised no one even in their 2nd team!
Had Garrett right there with Badgley, Teagin Myers, Zimmerman

Top 20 player in entire SE district, probably top 15

RothGGProducer
Riding the Bench

Post by RothGGProducer »

WonderNova wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:57 pm No love for Eastern Brown's Luke Garrett or Trent Hundley? Im suprised no one even in their 2nd team!
Hundley was committed on a full ride to Walsh (now headed to Rio) he's either number 1 or 2 (alongside Trey) I feel like Eastern Brown being so far west is hurting that duo in this convo, Hundley is a stud.

PorchDog90
Waterboy

Post by PorchDog90 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:24 am
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:37 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:32 pm Tonight at Trimble ...

Trimble 77, Alexander 59

Blake Guffey 32 points and 13 rebounds
Kyler DiAugustino 22 points (13 came in the 4th quarter)
Trimble has the superior team obviously so a better suit of players to guard D’Augustino….and Alexander less ability to guard Guffey

Both are tremendous players as you already know
Trimble played man to man all game with #4 Tucker Dixon sticking to Kyler.
Trimble didn’t just play man D and #4 wasn’t the only one that guarded Kyler. 4 of the 5 starters guarded him with a lot of help when they played man. Guffey didn’t guard him a lot but did 4-6 trips down the floor. Kyler did score 13 in the 4th against Trimble’s starters, he was just hitting shots that he was missing earlier in the game. Guffey and D’Augustino are both top 5 players no doubt!!!!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth has had an up and down season, but Kenny Sanderlin and Dariyonne Bryant have had outstanding individual seasons. Both are averaging around 17-18 PPG, with both having several games above 20. The SR Bryant will be a huge loss for the Trojans coming into next season. He will be going to the University of Charleston to play football.

Dashy
Waterboy

Post by Dashy »

Minford's Trenton Zimmerman is severely underrated. Does all the dirty work while averaging close to 20 and 10.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

RothGGProducer wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:43 pm
Hundley was committed on a full ride to Walsh (now headed to Rio) he's either number 1 or 2 (alongside Trey) I feel like Eastern Brown being so far west is hurting that duo in this convo, Hundley is a stud.
I agree on Hundley, he is a stud and is definitely top 15. I would personally have him in my top 10 but towards the bottom end.

Coulter (WCH)
Robertson (Waverly)
Porter (Fairland)
Blankenship (Peake)
Clary (Gallia)

then (in no order)

Guffey (Trimble)
D"Augustino (Alex)
Sallee (Warren)
Branson (Unioto)
Hundley (Eastern Brown)

Several right there fighting for the #10 spot... about another 6-7 guys could be added

Watching SE Ohio basketball
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Dashy wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:40 pm Minford's Trenton Zimmerman is severely underrated. Does all the dirty work while averaging close to 20 and 10.

Agree. Trey is the best player but I think Trenton is the toughest matchup. That I have seen.

junedawg14
Riding the Bench

Post by junedawg14 »

Dashy wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:40 pm Minford's Trenton Zimmerman is severely underrated. Does all the dirty work while averaging close to 20 and 10.
Agreed 100%!

Montgomery gets all the hype considering his high level of play as a freshman (deservedly so). However, Zimmerman has put the team on his back and carried them through some rough patches this year. He definitely does the majority of carrying the load as a Sr. leader should.

Not taking anything away from Montgomery he is a great kid and great player, but he gets a good share of points from transition baskets as a result of Zimmerman's hard fought rebounds and down court outlet passes.

The great thing about both of these boys is they are both top tier players, but neither have any selfishness. They compliment each other well and are both team first players. Fun team to watch!

IMO Zimmerman and Trey Robertson should share the SOC POY.

We Need More Cowbell!
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Trenton Zimmerman has definitely had a great year and has helped lead Minford to the #1 seed in D3.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Dashy
Waterboy

Post by Dashy »

junedawg14 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:55 am
Agreed 100%!

Montgomery gets all the hype considering his high level of play as a freshman (deservedly so). However, Zimmerman has put the team on his back and carried them through some rough patches this year. He definitely does the majority of carrying the load as a Sr. leader should.

Not taking anything away from Montgomery he is a great kid and great player, but he gets a good share of points from transition baskets as a result of Zimmerman's hard fought rebounds and down court outlet passes.

The great thing about both of these boys is they are both top tier players, but neither have any selfishness. They compliment each other well and are both team first players. Fun team to watch!

IMO Zimmerman and Trey Robertson should share the SOC POY.
I couldn't agree more with anything you just said. I as well believe Trent deserves to share the POY with Robertson. Trent plays unbelievably hard and that paired with his skill makes him a force to be reckoned with. He is 6'5 and he can make shots anywhere on the court, he can bang with the bigs in the paint and he can dribble and pass like a guard, all while being a great shot blocker and rebounder. Minford losing him will be a big loss and it will be hard to replace a player like Zimm.

Return to “Boys Basketball”