Trimble @ Meigs 12/30/21

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Trimble @ Meigs 12/30/21

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Thoughts? Trimble being undefeated and meigs being 7-3 coming off three staright wins and being at The Rock

Gray Cat
Varsity

Re: Trimble @ Meigs 12/30/21

Post by Gray Cat »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:17 am Thoughts? Trimble being undefeated and meigs being 7-3 coming off three staright wins and being at The Rock
Trimble will dominate this one. Meigs is deep but I can still see Howie running them out of the gym.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

Word on the street is Hill has a surprise for Howdee in this one. We'll see if Howdee has his Thimble boys ready.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Gray Cat wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:20 am
Tvcfanatic wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:17 am Thoughts? Trimble being undefeated and meigs being 7-3 coming off three staright wins and being at The Rock
Trimble will dominate this one. Meigs is deep but I can still see Howie running them out of the gym.
I don’t think meigs is getting blown out with their dept and The Rock is a very hard place to win

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Go Meigs!!!

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:51 pm
I don’t think meigs is getting blown out with their dept and The Rock is a very hard place to win
Wrong! But I will say Howie and the Cats are prolly the only ones who will blow them out. Meigs has a nice team. Just superior coaching by Howie and superior athletes for the Cats.

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

Gray Cat wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:30 am

Wrong! But I will say Howie and the Cats are prolly the only ones who will blow them out. Meigs has a nice team. Just superior coaching by Howie and superior athletes for the Cats.
Trimbles athletes were not superior, coaching yes but athletes no. Trimble has the superior coach who teaches his team how to go through the fundamentals, meigs coach has his head stuck up his ass so his players have to improvise. If meigs has coach Howie in this game then they would beat trimble by 30

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:38 am
Gray Cat wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:30 am

Trimbles athletes were not superior, coaching yes but athletes no. Trimble has the superior coach who teaches his team how to go through the fundamentals, meigs coach has his head stuck up his ass so his players have to improvise. If meigs has coach Howie in this game then they would beat trimble by 30
WOW that's hilarious. You got housed and you think your players are better? What a joke. Take the coaches out of it and Trimble still runs them out of the gym. You were better off blaming the refs for the loss than to come on here with this garbage LOL. BTW are you people never satisfied with any coach? Other than the NFL guy I mean since you all seemed to love him even though he was below .500.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Don’t stop keep going 🍿

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I actually agree that overal meigs has more talent. Trimble has the best player. And I would also agree that if you switch coaches Meigs wins the game by 15

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Super trooper wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:45 am I actually agree that overal meigs has more talent. Trimble has the best player. And I would also agree that if you switch coaches Meigs wins the game by 15
You're funny. Trimble physically dominated Meigs. That's not coaching, that's physicality and talent. If Howie coached Meigs they might have kept it within 10, but Trimble still wins. But keep dreaming guys LOL.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

All I know from what I could see is that Howsie had them refs skeert. That stomp he uses made them guys jump and pretty soon he was getting every call. Plus he threw down one heck of a stare whenever he disagreed with a call and you didn’t see that call get made again.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

MarauderMadness wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:05 pm All I know from what I could see is that Howsie had them refs skeert. That stomp he uses made them guys jump and pretty soon he was getting every call. Plus he threw down one heck of a stare whenever he disagreed with a call and you didn’t see that call get made again.
Howdy does have a way of controlling the refs that do the games in this area. That does come back to bite him though when he expects from other refs and they put him in his place. But the ones who do TVC games have always been afraid of him for. some reason. Might not work for him as they progress through the tourney, or when they play at Waterford. His players will have to adjust to him not getting all the calls or they all foul out if they play like they did against Meigs. I was also surprised at some of the Trimble players challenging the refs. Not use to seeing that from Howdy's players. Won't be surprised to see one of them get a technical in the future if that continues. But there was no way those three zebras were going to call anything like that on one of Howdy's boys. Too scared.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:20 pm
MarauderMadness wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:05 pm All I know from what I could see is that Howsie had them refs skeert. That stomp he uses made them guys jump and pretty soon he was getting every call. Plus he threw down one heck of a stare whenever he disagreed with a call and you didn’t see that call get made again.
Howdy does have a way of controlling the refs that do the games in this area. That does come back to bite him though when he expects from other refs and they put him in his place. But the ones who do TVC games have always been afraid of him for. some reason. Might not work for him as they progress through the tourney, or when they play at Waterford. His players will have to adjust to him not getting all the calls or they all foul out if they play like they did against Meigs. I was also surprised at some of the Trimble players challenging the refs. Not use to seeing that from Howdy's players. Won't be surprised to see one of them get a technical in the future if that continues. But there was no way those three zebras were going to call anything like that on one of Howdy's boys. Too scared.
The crew was from Portsmouth and I can promise you they have been doing games for many, many years and are not intimated by any coach.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:23 pm
The crew was from Portsmouth and I can promise you they have been doing games for many, many years and are not intimated by any coach.
... 93dog, do you hear anything as to when Bryce Downs will be back? I thought Howie said 3 weeks when I talked to him at the Trimble vs Waterford game ... that makes it this week or early next week ... that's 6-8 ppg on the blocks, defense, boards at both ends - I'm excited for the Tomcats to get to full strength ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:38 pm

... 93dog, do you hear anything as to when Bryce Downs will be back? I thought Howie said 3 weeks when I talked to him at the Trimble vs Waterford game ... that makes it this week or early next week ... that's 6-8 ppg on the blocks, defense, boards at both ends - I'm excited for the Tomcats to get to full strength ...
You must not be reading my posts, Floyd. lol

Bryce has been back and playing. He played against NY and Meigs.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

From the TVC thread:

"TVC Standings New Year’s edition:

What we learned in 2021

The Trimble Tomcats are good, really good - and with the return of Bryce Downs this week – they looked even better. Trimble defeated country rival Nelsonville-York 71-31 on Tuesday, and then went on the road and beat TVC-Ohio contender Meigs by 15 to improve to a perfect (9-0) on the season. Senior Blake Guffey scored a game high 24 points, grabbed 8 rebounds and blocked three shots for the ‘Cats, who have beaten every team on their schedule by double digits so far.

Federal Hocking is better than what many expected after losing so many starters from last year’s district runner-up team. Tariq Cottrill, Andrew Airhart, Lane Smith, Tyler Rogers and Caden Chapman have proven to be pretty good ball players and the Lancers have been playing excellent team basketball. After a 70-45 blowout win at South Gallia Monday night, Federal Hocking is 6-3 overall and a perfect 4-0 in the TVC-Hocking.
The TVC-Ohio is a jumbled mess and it is anyone’s guess why may emerge as the champion. Vinton County has taken a half step forward and is 6-3 with a 3-0 mark in league play. One thing we learned though is Alexander junior Kyler D’Augustino is the real deal. He is capable of putting the Spartans on his back and carrying them to wins over any team in the Ohio. On Thursday night the 6’1 SG broke the school record by scoring a game high 43 points during a loss at Waterford."

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:24 am

... THAT'S great ! I knew when I talked to Howie it would be within that 2-3 week window ... I'm glad he's BACK ! it wasn't like he was NOT conditioning either as the cast was on his hand ... Howie "ain't" letting him get out of shape LOL ... I'm sure he did as much as he could during practice ... the only thing was probably him not playing in regular games ... glad he's back - means I am going to go see them again soon at full strength !

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:52 pm

... THAT'S great ! I knew when I talked to Howie it would be within that 2-3 week window ... I'm glad he's BACK ! it wasn't like he was NOT conditioning either as the cast was on his hand ... Howie "ain't" letting him get out of shape LOL ... I'm sure he did as much as he could during practice ... the only thing was probably him not playing in regular games ... glad he's back - means I am going to go see them again soon at full strength !
They are a different team with him in the lineup!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:44 pm
pfloyd wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:52 pm

They are a different team with him in the lineup!
... experience means a lot ! his size and strength mean a lot !! having Cole Wright able to come off the bench now and give some "good" minutes after getting "quality varsity time" as a soph means a lot!!! ... I can see pfloyd at Trimble High School again Friday the 14th for the Federal Hocking matchup - BIG game !!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”