Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #2

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #2

Post by pfloyd »

Washington CH at #1 loses to #49 Chillicothe 47-50 ... #5 Logan plays one of those foreign teams Parkersburg South on the road -takes the L 52-65 ... #9 South Webster gets "it handed to them" by #2 Waverly 34-62 at the Downtown Arena in Tiger Town ... #11 Jackson goes to #16 Hillsboro, gets hung with the L 53-59 ... #12 Ironton loses at home to an underrated #34 Chesapeake Panther ballclub 63-68 ...#13 Gallia Academy continues to slide losing to #18 South Point who has knocked off Portsmouth/Fairland/& now Gallia Academy out of the OVC ... to round out the tough losses on Tuesday night #19 Western Pike went into the Tiger Den in New Boston looking to go 9-0 but for a 19-6 Tiger 4th quarter ... Western gets the L 42-47 ...

... after last weeks "L" casualty list it would appear as they say "that the hits just keep on comin" with 6 out of the top 20 teams starting the Week that IS with losses ... parity? on any given night it would appear that if you don't bring your "A" game you "ain't" getting the W ...

... might take the Ouija Board AND the Magic 8 Ball to get the rankings right this week !!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Are there any games that AREN'T big games ? are there any games that are locks for the higher ranked team?? here's what I'm looking at for Friday night:

Gallia vs Fairland
New Boston vs Portsmouth Notre Dame
Meigs vs Alexander
Minford vs South Webster
South Point vs Ironton
Symmes Valley vs Western Pike
Unioto vs Paint Valley
Valley vs Eastern Pike
Warren vs Logan
Waterford vs Southern
Portsmouth West vs Wheelersburg
Zane Trace vs Westfall

... the Pfloyd Tour is headed to The French City to catch #13 Gallia Academy vs #14 Fairland ... my first in-person look at either of these teams ... I've seen both on livestream BUT not the same as getting eyes on from the Cheap Seats ... it should be a good one !

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:09 pm Are there any games that AREN'T big games ? are there any games that are locks for the higher ranked team?? here's what I'm looking at for Friday night:

Gallia vs Fairland
Meigs vs Alexander
Minford vs South Webster
South Point vs Ironton
Unioto vs Paint Valley
Valley vs Eastern Pike
Warren vs Logan
Waterford vs Southern
Zane Trace vs Westfall

... the Pfloyd Tour is headed to The French City to catch #13 Gallia Academy vs #14 Fairland ... my first in-person look at either of these teams ... I've seen both on livestream BUT not the same as getting eyes on from the Cheap Seats ... it should be a good one !
Pretty sure we’re at minford this week

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:44 am
pfloyd wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:09 pm Are there any games that AREN'T big games ? are there any games that are locks for the higher ranked team?? here's what I'm looking at for Friday night:

Gallia vs Fairland
Meigs vs Alexander
Minford vs South Webster
South Point vs Ironton
Unioto vs Paint Valley
Valley vs Eastern Pike
Warren vs Logan
Waterford vs Southern
Zane Trace vs Westfall

Pretty sure we’re at minford this week
Yep, that's why it says Minford VS South Webster (home team on the left of "VS") ... this one should be an outstanding game for sure !!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

1 more day for my DAY JOB (2 weeks off) !!! nothing but hoops, holiday, more hoops, holiday (some college football mixed in as well throughout) ... gotta love it !!! Fairland @ Gallia Academy Friday night, the 6 games at Alexander High School's Alley Classic Saturday - 2 days, 7 games, eyes on, napkin stats, hot dogs, waters and twizzlers - perfect ...

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Could be a momentum builder for Warren if they can get their 4th win in a row while Logan is hoping to avoid a 2nd consecutive loss. What does Warren have to do to get a win?

Go Blue
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Whs95fan wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:06 pm Could be a momentum builder for Warren if they can get their 4th win in a row while Logan is hoping to avoid a 2nd consecutive loss. What does Warren have to do to get a win?
... I think the Warriors are physically strong enough to play with Logan, Logan has perimeter scorers in Mahaffey, Myers, Frasure at times ... they can get to the rim inside - Myers, Mahaffey & Frasure again ... Angel is an excellent rebounder for LHS ... Alford has improved on the blocks ... Logan likes to pressure the ball ... Parkersburg South had 8 steals/forced 13 turnovers and made their game a no contest encounter at PS on Tuesday ... Warren has to play the hardnosed D , force hurried shots , pressure the perimeter of LHS ... I'm not sure WHS can come up with enough points vs Logan - I never bet against a Coach Maddox coached team - I look forward to reading the stat lines for this one ... looking forward to seeing the new Warren gymnasium - it will have to wait for pfloyd though ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

My Cavs playing better. Coach Beard will have them dangerous sooner than later. Stinks to be division 1 when we lose so many athletes to other districts

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Few take aways this week in the SOC 2:

Northwest gets sophomore Connor Lintz back, he drops 20 on Minford to keep that game close for 3 quarters. He’s a top 5 player in the SOC2 and will only get better as he gets back into shape

Eastern Pike was down a few players (1 starter at burg) they’ll upset a few more teams this year when back to full strength. They shoot the 3 very well.

Wheelersburgs inexperience is already improving under coach Ater who I think is under valued there. Watch out for the pirates as the season goes on.

Minford was down 6th man Ethan Connaly and arguably their best defender against Northwest, hopefully he’s back tonight for the falcons as Trae Zimmerman (Webster) is a problem for opposing teams. Trenton Zimmerman (Minford) vs Trae Zimmerman tonight in the nest.

South Webster Freshman 6’6” phenom (Roberts) vs Minfords Freshman guard Montgomery tonight should be fun to watch and the future for both teams and the league is bright.

Waverly proved that when they are hot they can beat anyone by as much as they want to. Trey Robertson is a special talent. Defensively they’ve given up around 50 points total in their last two games. Great bounce back game by the Tigers.

Lastly, how about the Valley Indians and that full court pressure for 32 minutes with virtually no bench! It’s incredible to watch the 5 starters (Nickel, Stuart, Copley, Buckle, Arnette) play with the intensity they do with a rare break. Definitely a team that can make a big run in D4 this year.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ed Ott wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:02 pm My Cavs playing better. Coach Beard will have them dangerous sooner than later. Stinks to be division 1 when we lose so many athletes to other districts
...Coach Beard is a good one ... knows the game, teaches/coaches the game ... he will get everything out of the players he has and more - which he has done! ... in the future Coach Beard will keep the athletes/players from Chilli IN Chillicothe at CHS ... nothing but good things to come from Cavs Nation imo ... knocking off Washington CH? says to EVERYONE out there - don't take THIS edition of the Cavs lightly ... if you don't bring your "A" game you ain't adding the W to your pocket schedule ...

Enforcer
Freshman Team

Post by Enforcer »

Trimble beats Eastern tonight, Play the Caldwell basketball team tomorrow

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

The beatings continue in the SOC2

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Good luck this week Pfloyd lol

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:32 pm Good luck this week Pfloyd lol
I look forward to his breakdown and napkin stats for the Waverly/Newark game. Probably the best team Waverly will face all year (besides Upper Arlington who is coming up on the 30th).

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

smurray wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:34 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:32 pm Good luck this week Pfloyd lol
I look forward to his breakdown and napkin stats for the Waverly/Newark game. Probably the best team Waverly will face all year (besides Upper Arlington who is coming up on the 30th).
No worries, Waverly #1

I might have Valley at #2

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Washington will have the biggest drop by a #1 team in Elite 8 rankings history? I say yes.

I’d go

1. Waverly

2. Valley
3. Trimble
4. Unioto
5. McClain
6. South Point
7. Fairland
8. Logan Elm
9. South Webster
10. Eastern Brown

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:01 am Washington will have the biggest drop by a #1 team in Elite 8 rankings history? I say yes.

I’d go

1. Waverly

2. Valley
3. Trimble
4. Unioto
5. McClain
6. South Point
7. Fairland
8. Logan Elm
9. South Webster
10. Eastern Brown

I feel like WCH is an Elite 8 team for sure when healthy, probably a top 4. If they were without Wall tonight, that really would’ve put them in a bad spot. Hope Wall is okay.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

FACSPORTS wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:16 am
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:01 am Washington will have the biggest drop by a #1 team in Elite 8 rankings history? I say yes.

I’d go

1. Waverly

2. Valley
3. Trimble
4. Unioto
5. McClain
6. South Point
7. Fairland
8. Logan Elm
9. South Webster
10. Eastern Brown

I feel like WCH is an Elite 8 team for sure when healthy, probably a top 4. If they were without Wall tonight, that really would’ve put them in a bad spot. Hope Wall is okay.
With LeMaster they are still undefeated….but I could say the same for Jackson missing Bragg/Spires/Miller

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

#1 lost this week to #49 and #50

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

My Warriors on a 5 game winning streak....

Go Blue

Return to “Boys Basketball”