Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Week #1

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Week #1

Post by pfloyd »

... the Pfloyd Hoops tour will be traveling to the Apple City tomorrow evening to catch Coach Morrow's #19 Jackson Ironmen (1-0) hosting Coach Stewart & the #2 Tigers of Greenfield McClain (3-0) ... should be a good matchup as both teams come off good FAC wins ... Jackson a 56-32 winner over (0-4) Miami Trace ... McClain winning on the road at (2-1) Washington Court House 52-49 ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:57 pm ... the Pfloyd Hoops tour will be traveling to the Apple City tomorrow evening to catch Coach Morrow's #19 Jackson Ironmen (1-0) hosting Coach Stewart & the #2 Tigers of Greenfield McClain (3-0) ... should be a good matchup as both teams come off good FAC wins ... Jackson a 56-32 winner over (0-4) Miami Trace ... McClain winning on the road at (2-1) Washington Court House 52-49 ...
You coming in entrance from the 4 way stop or the Rt 139 entrance? Let me know and we’ll take care of your parking fee.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Wild night in SEO Hoops…

#1 and #2 go down.

#5 wins on a buzzer beater.

#8 and #9 lose

#11 loses

Gonna be some major shakeups on the next pfloyd rankings!

Valley flexed their muscle as did South Point… something tells me both will be in the next top 10

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Be interesting to see Jackson tomorrow night vs Athens after that game they just played. Bench is short.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

My Indians and coach Arey got their first win of the season with this very inexperienced team against a very good senior ladened team. A"W" on the road was huge.
Tomorrow they lace em up at New Boston. The youngsters of Peebles are starting to learn their coach Arey lessons. Go Indians!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

The Week that IS has taken it's toll on the top 20 teams as 12 of the top 20 picked up losses SO@ FAR this week! :

1. Waverly L 58-64 @ Minford
2. McClain L 28-31 @ Jackson
3. Washington CH L 49-52 vs McClain (after losing 6-8 big man LeMaster in the 1st quarter)
7. Gallia Academy L 54-57 @ Ironton
8. South Webster L 54-60 vs Valley
9. Fairland L 45-48 @ South Point
10. Eastern Brown L 56-61 @ Ripley
11. Portsmouth L 61-67 vs South Point/ L 65-75 @ Chesapeake
13. Zane Trace L 51-53 @ Unioto OT
16. Minford L 64-73 @ Valley
17. Miami Trace L 32-56 vs Jackson/ L 48-54 vs Chillicothe
20. Portsmouth West L 61-76 @ Eastern Pike

... rankings in the Week that IS will be interesting to say the least ... I know Miami Trace is too high on the rankings - I still like what I see in MT even at 0-5 LOL ... I'm stubborn in the my old age ...

... I'll have the rundown for the Jackson vs McClain game in the morning - great game even at 31-28 Jackson ! physical/outstanding D on both sides ... excellently officiated game as they let them play for sure I'm going to be sore just from watching the game from the Cheap Seats - great talking with I92, Coach Huffer made his way into the Cheap Seats to talk some hoops! just my opinion Coach Huffer will be courtside next season somewhere ... Mr. Phil Howard - Superintendent of Jackson City school came up to or down to the Cheap Seats to talk hoops/say hello ... the highlight of the trip for me was having Dan Morrow ask pfloyd to be on the Jackson radio broadcast at intermission! totally enjoyed talking to Dan at the half ! thank you for the invite, I wasn't sure about it but Dan Morrow being the professional he is made it easy - just talking hoops on the radio ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:56 pm The Week that IS has taken it's toll on the top 20 teams as 12 of the top 20 picked up losses SO@ FAR this week! :

3. Washington CH L 49-52 vs McClain (after losing 6-8 big man LeMaster in the 1st quarter)

... rankings in the Week that IS will be interesting to say the least ... I know Miami Trace is too high on the rankings - I still like what I see in MT even at 0-5 LOL ... I'm stubborn in the my old age ...

... I'll have the rundown for the Jackson vs McClain game in the morning - great game even at 31-28 Jackson ! physical/outstanding D on both sides ... excellently officiated game as they let them play for sure I'm going to be sore just from watching the game from the Cheap Seats - great talking with I92, Coach Huffer made his way into the Cheap Seats to talk some hoops! just my opinion Coach Huffer will be courtside next season somewhere ... Mr. Phil Howard - Superintendent of Jackson City school came up to or down to the Cheap Seats to talk hoops/say hello ... the highlight of the trip for me was having Dan Morrow ask pfloyd to be on the Jackson radio broadcast at intermission! totally enjoyed talking to Dan at the half ! thank you for the invite, I wasn't sure about it but Dan Morrow being the professional he is made it easy - just talking hoops on the radio ...
You’re gonna have a great time this season! I think the amount of parity will make these types of nights happen more often. Teams getting better as they gel, should be a great season!

Enforcer
Freshman Team

Post by Enforcer »

Trimble improves too 2-0 with a 74-53 win at Belpre

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Gallia big win over Coal Grove .

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

It’s a matter of early season adjustments and who improves the most and is peaking come tournament time which can also translate into league championships. It looks like some league champions may have at least 3 losses with the way teams are beating each other.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:03 am
pfloyd wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:56 pm The Week that IS has taken it's toll on the top 20 teams as 12 of the top 20 picked up losses SO@ FAR this week! :

You’re gonna have a great time this season! I think the amount of parity will make these types of nights happen more often. Teams getting better as they gel, should be a great season!
I think that Eastern Brown loss at Ripley had Eastern without Garrett from the 2nd qtr on

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:03 am

You KNOW IT daniC !!! "parity" is the key word ... who's going to improve every game out win or lose - who's "learning" something about themselves (learning roles, finding the go to guy or guys, accepting of new roles) ... it's going to be one of those years when there WILL BE teams in the Elite with possibly 4-5 losses!!! this year "strength of schedule" matters in the ranking more than ever not just the win or loss record ... that old adage of winning your home games in the league and winning 1/2 or better of the road league games comes into play this season - that SOC gauntlet of South Webster/Minford/Valley/Waverly/Wheelersburg with the legit spoilers Eastern Pike???? (when I watched them on livestream at the Western Classic vs Piketon/Western I said to myself this teams ain't bad at all ! - athletes/defense/they looked to have scorers too - NOW they definitely have scorers and can bury you if the 3 ball is falling ... Portsmouth West ... Northwest with be a different team when they are at full strength ... the FAC - Jackson/McClain/Washington CH/Hillsboro will beat up on each other while I STILL think Miami Trace can be a team you don't take lightly as those sophomores mature on the varsity basketball stage in the 2nd half of the season ... the OVC - Ironton/Gallia/Fairland/South Point/Portsmouth/Chesapeake will again beat each other all season ... fun times !!!! SVC land - the U is my team to beat as Branson figures out HIS role THIS season (apparently one of his roles is making the final shot of games for the W lol) - the youngsters getting used to varsity games will be HUGE for the Shermans , ZT is right there but the lack of good PG play is big, teams that have to play into expectations - Paint Valley/Piketon ... the TVC is down imo Trimble /Federal Hocking/Waterford/Meigs after that ???? SOC 1 Notre Dame, New Boston has to keep improving ... so many teams out there all obviously looking to keep improving - parity - good word daniC !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Washington CH beat Hillsboro last night 58-51 ... any word on LeMaster? did he play? were his minutes limited if he did play? ...

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I propose valley 8A and Webster 8B.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

With valleys wins over minford and Webster this week. valley is above Webster.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:22 pm Washington CH beat Hillsboro last night 58-51 ... any word on LeMaster? did he play? were his minutes limited if he did play? ...
... found answers to my own questions - LeMaster DID NOT play vs Hillsboro which is scary for the rest of the Elite 8 as that means other athletes are being worked into the Blue Lions lineup, getting experience - Rishaun Burns got minutes put up 4 points ... Reico Colter 29 points - Reico is a player. Court House only had 7 turnovers ... Washington CH just might be the best team in SEOhio - even with the loss to McClain 49-52 without LeMaster on the floor the last 3 quarters ...

[media]https://www.recordherald.com/sports/704 ... boro-58-51[/media]

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

transplant wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:45 pm With valleys wins over minford and Webster this week. valley is above Webster.
I’ll settle for 7 & 8 take it or leave it

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:40 pm I propose valley 8A and Webster 8B.
Valley beat SW and Minford……gotta be above SW for now. Both could be argued too 8 still

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:45 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:22 pm Washington CH beat Hillsboro last night 58-51 ... any word on LeMaster? did he play? were his minutes limited if he did play? ...
... found answers to my own questions - LeMaster DID NOT play vs Hillsboro which is scary for the rest of the Elite 8 as that means other athletes are being worked into the Blue Lions lineup, getting experience - Rishaun Burns got minutes put up 4 points ... Reico Colter 29 points - Reico is a player. Court House only had 7 turnovers ... Washington CH just might be the best team in SEOhio - even with the loss to McClain 49-52 without LeMaster on the floor the last 3 quarters ...

I think had LeMaster not hurt his back early in McClain game…..they’d be #1 this coming rankings

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:25 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:45 pm

I think had LeMaster not hurt his back early in McClain game…..they’d be #1 this coming rankings
Yep ... I have a good relationship with the committee of one - pretty sure the committee is thinking the same ... nobody is dropping off the face of the earth with losses this season - so much parity as daniC brought up ... eyes on teams is extremely important this season ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”