Ross/Pike Power Rankings - Week 1

Snotnose
Riding the Bench

Ross/Pike Power Rankings - Week 1

Post by Snotnose »

Every Wednesday evening the Power Rankings will be posted. A little late this week, I’ve been binge watching Meateater on Netflix and got behind on time.

1. Waverly - definite top dog here, question becomes can anyone in the area beat them.
2. Unioto - guards are better and bigs more versatile than the teams below them here.
3. ZT - Competed well and had every chance to knock off Greenfield. Still think inconsistent perimeter play is going to hurt them. Seem like they are still trying to figure out the way they want to play.
4. Western - Proved they could at least finish mid pack in the SVC by beating Piketon and Huntington and SE.
5. PV - Have all the pieces, might take more time for everything to come together as originally perceived. Loss to Lynchburg at home is what puts them in this slot.
6. Chillicothe - interesting to throw into the mix, hard to gauge how they stack up against all the local schools in the area. Play much better competition overall, but all their best players are playing at other schools.
7. Adena - Losses are to Valley and Circleville, two good opponents and went to the wire with the Tigers. Maybe I’m giving Circleville too much credit for their win over Vinton County.
8. SE - Suprised by the start here in respect to how well they competed against Western and North Adams. Out of the SVC teams who played Western in Week 1, they have the biggest upside.
9. Piketon - Thought they would be better than what they showed in the first week. Developing PG play is the key for them to have a chance to improve their standing. Led from start to finish against Eastern, gives the Redstreaks the number 9 spot.
10. Huntington - A lot of new kids forced into action because of the low numbers. Huntington and SE very mysterious, really no idea who their rosters are. Guess we’ll find out over the next couple of weeks. Opened up the season with a win over the bottom spot team in the rankings. Had to come from behind in 4th quarter to pull it out is reason they fall below Piketon currently.
11. Eastern - Long year playing in the SOC. Gotta like their offensive philosophy though, if it isn’t beyond the 3 point line don’t shoot it!

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Re: Ross/Pike Power Rankings - Week 1

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

With me being a SVC guy I love this list! rank. It will be fun to watch this every week!

Snotnose
Riding the Bench

Post by Snotnose »

Never understood why the Ross and Pike schools just didn’t form their own conference. Makes too much sense to do is probably the problem. The Ross Pike Counties Conference (RPCC) sounds good to me. Great matchups and excitement from fans.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Snotnose wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:19 pm Never understood why the Ross and Pike schools just didn’t form their own conference. Makes too much sense to do is probably the problem. The Ross Pike Counties Conference (RPCC) sounds good to me. Great matchups and excitement from fans.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Looks good to me

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

Snotnose wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:59 am Every Wednesday evening the Power Rankings will be posted. A little late this week, I’ve been binge watching Meateater on Netflix and got behind on time.

1. Waverly - definite top dog here, question becomes can anyone in the area beat them.
2. Unioto - guards are better and bigs more versatile than the teams below them here.
3. ZT - Competed well and had every chance to knock off Greenfield. Still think inconsistent perimeter play is going to hurt them. Seem like they are still trying to figure out the way they want to play.
4. Western - Proved they could at least finish mid pack in the SVC by beating Piketon and Huntington and SE.
5. PV - Have all the pieces, might take more time for everything to come together as originally perceived. Loss to Lynchburg at home is what puts them in this slot.
6. Chillicothe - interesting to throw into the mix, hard to gauge how they stack up against all the local schools in the area. Play much better competition overall, but all their best players are playing at other schools.
7. Adena - Losses are to Valley and Circleville, two good opponents and went to the wire with the Tigers. Maybe I’m giving Circleville too much credit for their win over Vinton County.
8. SE - Suprised by the start here in respect to how well they competed against Western and North Adams. Out of the SVC teams who played Western in Week 1, they have the biggest upside.
9. Piketon - Thought they would be better than what they showed in the first week. Developing PG play is the key for them to have a chance to improve their standing. Led from start to finish against Eastern, gives the Redstreaks the number 9 spot.
10. Huntington - A lot of new kids forced into action because of the low numbers. Huntington and SE very mysterious, really no idea who their rosters are. Guess we’ll find out over the next couple of weeks. Opened up the season with a win over the bottom spot team in the rankings. Had to come from behind in 4th quarter to pull it out is reason they fall below Piketon currently.
11. Eastern - Long year playing in the SOC. Gotta like their offensive philosophy though, if it isn’t beyond the 3 point line don’t shoot it!
I am interested in seeing if Western can edge their way into that top three before the end of the season. List looks good, excited for this weeks

60ft
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft »

Zane Trace will beat Unioto twice this year and also win the SVC

Return to “Boys Basketball”