12/3/21 South Webster @ West Cancelers

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

12/3/21 South Webster @ West Cancelers

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Jeeps by a gazillion
Last edited by The Ghost of Swanker on Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Re: 12/3/21 South Webster @ West Winators

Post by LucasDavenport »

Nice opening Road Test for The Jeeps.

Tough Gym to shoot in for the visitors for some reason.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

If West can get some shots to fall, it could be a good game. I'm not sure if they hit a 3 against ND. They play good defense and crash the boards.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jeeps by 12

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Senators beat the Jeeps twice last year.

While the Senators did graduate some key pieces, they also returned plenty of talent. South Webster returned everyone and also brought in a very talented freshman.

This has all the makings of a good game. Dixon vs. Zimmerman will be fun to watch at the guard position.

I think it'll be close for 3 quarters before South Webster pulls away to win by 8-12, but this game could definitely go either way.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

West by 3
hopefully West can shoot the three ball tomorrow night unlike at Notre Dame

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West found a way to win at ND when they really didn’t play well offensively. That’s encouraging. They play hard, are well coached, and allow their physical defense to keep them in the game. I think they are still figuring out what they want to do offensively but they have 3 really good players in Dixon, Coleman, and Sissel and some good pieces around them. ND was the first real game and it showed. I think this is a team that will continue to improve throughout the year.

SW is experienced and plays hard. Zimmerman is good. Carpenter and Blizzard are good players that play hard

Should be a good one

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

West has cancelled/postponed the game. "Too many sick kids and injuries" is what I was told.

If it is a COVID outbreak they will be out a while. If it's not a COVID outbreak then I'm not entirely sure how you can cancel a game.... but they did.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

If the word "injuries" was actually used to justify cancelling...LOL. As long as you got 5 healthy guys in your program (jv and varsity), injuries not an excuse.*

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:09 am West has cancelled/postponed the game. "Too many sick kids and injuries" is what I was told.

If it is a COVID outbreak they will be out a while. If it's not a COVID outbreak then I'm not entirely sure how you can cancel a game.... but they did.
Now you are slacking my friend…..it’s 2021, everything is a valid reason to postpone/cancel

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:32 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:09 am West has cancelled/postponed the game. "Too many sick kids and injuries" is what I was told.

Now you are slacking my friend…..it’s 2021, everything is a valid reason to postpone/cancel
Hah! Good point. Times sure have changed. If there's a Covid outbreak then I fully understand. But if just a few kids are sick or hurt then postponing is rather odd.

If they play their game Tuesday then I think there's plenty of questions that probably need answered.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

They are cancelled for COVID. I don't know who told you they would cancel for injuries, but that is not true.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

They can’t put off getting dunked on by a freshman forever!

New Boston step up

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:57 pm They can’t put off getting dunked on by a freshman forever!

New Boston step up
What is this supposed to mean? New Boston has East at home on Friday and South Gallia away on Saturday.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

SiderBlood wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:56 pm

They are cancelled for COVID. I don't know who told you they would cancel for injuries, but that is not true.
So they must quarantine for 10 days. They played Tuesday so lets assume they contracted COVID Wednesday and must quarantine for 10 days. The earliest they could play would be Saturday, December 11th.

Have they already postponed their Tuesday and Friday games next week? Or will they be playing them as regularly scheduled?

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:59 pm

So they must quarantine for 10 days. They played Tuesday so lets assume they contracted COVID Wednesday and must quarantine for 10 days. The earliest they could play would be Saturday, December 11th.

Have they already postponed their Tuesday and Friday games next week? Or will they be playing them as regularly scheduled?
I don't know that, I was just told from a player that it was because of covid. And I am not aware of any players being injured. I really can not see that being a reason, and if it is true then I would be disappointed.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

a_c_m wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:44 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:57 pm They can’t put off getting dunked on by a freshman forever!

New Boston step up
What is this supposed to mean? New Boston has East at home on Friday and South Gallia away on Saturday.
Cancel the south Gallia game we’ll come get some

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:37 pm
a_c_m wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:44 pm

New Boston step up
Cancel the south Gallia game we’ll come get some
You are so full of it! Try to enjoy your teams early success!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

SiderBlood wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:33 pm

I don't know that, I was just told from a player that it was because of covid. And I am not aware of any players being injured. I really can not see that being a reason, and if it is true then I would be disappointed.
Well, I can tell you that as of right now your games next week are still on.

So barring some drastic change, prepare to be disappointed :D

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:39 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:33 pm

Well, I can tell you that as of right now your games next week are still on.

So barring some drastic change, prepare to be disappointed :D
Well I can go through the entire varsity roster and tell you no one is hurt. So I'm not sure where you are getting your sources.

Return to “Boys Basketball”