SEOPS H

Dictrict 14 Honors

Post by a_c_m »

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: Dictrict 14 Honors

Post by BigBlueNation »

Congrats to all the youngmen.
Really glad to see the 2 Northwest freshmen on the list.

Basketballfan40
Freshman Team

Post by Basketballfan40 »

Who does the voting on these? Kinda seems disrespectful to the the coach of Portsmouth West. No doubt Ater did great but that was fully expected. IMO taking a group of kids who barely played any varsity last year to 18-5 and a Sectional Title is what I would consider to be COY. Congrats to both coaches nonetheless.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Basketballfan40 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:21 pm Who does the voting on these? Kinda seems disrespectful to the the coach of Portsmouth West. No doubt Ater did great but that was fully expected. IMO taking a group of kids who barely played any varsity last year to 18-5 and a Sectional Title is what I would consider to be COY. Congrats to both coaches nonetheless.
The coaches.

LastOut
Waterboy

Post by LastOut »

Basketballfan40 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:21 pm Who does the voting on these? Kinda seems disrespectful to the the coach of Portsmouth West. No doubt Ater did great but that was fully expected. IMO taking a group of kids who barely played any varsity last year to 18-5 and a Sectional Title is what I would consider to be COY. Congrats to both coaches nonetheless.
I couldn’t agree more. I thought Coach McClanahan was a no doubter for that award. The turn around with this program in one year and all they accomplished was obviously ignored. Also, very disappointing that only one West player received honorable mention in the district. No first or second team recipients???

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

To me, West won games by playing team ball, all guys playing defense, and having multiple players scoring. I didn't follow west close enough to see if there was 1, 2 or 3 "star" players. When teams play hard like they did and play as a team, its harder to single one or two players out for post season awards. I get that you are disappointed, but there are a lot of players in the district to choose from. Every coach is fighting for their guys. West had a great season and the new coach did a tremendous job. Hope he can keep it up and have some real success there.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Wow. Think a certain Jeep got snubbed for first team D4

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’ll tip my cap again to the kids snd coaches at West. Went 18-5, won at Waverly. No one..no one had them touching Waverly or winning more than 13, most figured less than 10 wins. So their coach should’ve been on the very short list at the least (I’m sure he was) and only get 1 kid HM? McClanahan flat out got it done and those players are TEAM West 👏👏👏

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:09 pm Wow. Think a certain Jeep got snubbed for first team D4
I agree. Hope it motivation for tonight and he drops 50! Truth!

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:51 pm I’ll tip my cap again to the kids snd coaches at West. Went 18-5, won at Waverly. No one..no one had them touching Waverly or winning more than 13, most figured less than 10 wins. So their coach should’ve been on the very short list at the least (I’m sure he was) and only get 1 kid HM? McClanahan flat out got it done and those players are TEAM West 👏👏👏
As a longtime LV fan and alumni, I couldn't agree more.

As far as I'm concerned these type awards and accolades should be reserved for those doing the unexpected.

Return to “Boys Basketball”