#2 Wheelersburg vs. #3 Eastern Brown 3/5/21 @ Piketon

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

#2 Wheelersburg vs. #3 Eastern Brown 3/5/21 @ Piketon

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Big matchup here. Who you got? Still no site mentioned on where it's being played. Maybe Waverly or Valley. EB going to be okay with Burg already playing at both places this year?

Burg plays like they did last night could be a long night for them. Burg had way to many turnovers so look for EB to pressure them hard.

The beauty of this game is the winner gets the winner of Worthington Christian and Harvest Prep in the Regional semifinals.
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: #2 Wheelersburg vs. #3 Eastern Brown 3/5/21 @

Post by bbjunky81 »

I've said it since early in the season, Eastern Brown is the real deal. This is the best team Beucler has had out there in quite some time (a decade or even more).

Burg is very talented and senior laden. They have the size to matchup with Eastern.

If either team was at home, I would consider them a slight favorite. Neutral floor this is a toss-up.

Any basketball fan will enjoy watching these two teams go at it.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

@ Piketon per SEDAB.

Post by PirateFan[69] »

If Truitt can play how he did last night all the while having help with McCorkle and the Miller machine, I look for the Burg to be playing in a regional semi-final game
Burg by 3

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Piketon is a good location.

I figured anywhere between Lucasville to Waverly were all possibilities.

Piketon is a neutral floor that neither team has played on and not drastically different miles wise.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:21 am If Truitt can play how he did last night all the while having help with McCorkle and the Miller machine, I look for the Burg to be playing in a regional semi-final game
Burg by 3
True. Miller tried to force passes last night that are usually shots for him. He usually takes that 10-12 foot jumper and last night he was trying to throw passes that weren't there.

If the three you mentioned can score 12-15 and Swords throw in 10 they can win this game.

LastOut
Waterboy

Re: #2 Wheelersburg vs. #3 Eastern Brown 3/5/21 @ Piketon

Post by LastOut »

High pressure defense will often force poor decisions on the court. West defended their butts off last night and they have all year. That was absolutely the key to their success this year. I can see this game going either way. Whoever handles the pressure better will come out on top.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I'll be first to ask (and definitely not the last!), but any info on streaming yet?*

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

hopefully they let Wheelersburg bring their crew so its still free. Piketon charged for their stream, right? Wasn't sure since it's at piketon, if they would cover the streaming. Should be a good game though.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

transplant wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:34 am hopefully they let Wheelersburg bring their crew so its still free. Piketon charged for their stream, right? Wasn't sure since it's at piketon, if they would cover the streaming. Should be a good game though.

They should let the higher seed cover the streaming. I'm curious on why they are not letting the higher seed teams host throughout like football did!!! Hell, the state semifinal was played at the highest seed teams field!!

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

as long as the higher seed has a streaming team, i say let them.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burgs streaming is top notch but I think they use a resource room while doing it.

I don’t know anything about Easter brown

So pirates by 1

That’s all that matters at this point.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

wobycat wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:24 pm Burgs streaming is top notch but I think they use a resource room while doing it.

I don’t know anything about Easter brown

So pirates by 1

That’s all that matters at this point.
Absolutely 💯 they do a awesome job. It really makes it nice having relpay.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:46 am
transplant wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:34 am hopefully they let Wheelersburg bring their crew so its still free. Piketon charged for their stream, right? Wasn't sure since it's at piketon, if they would cover the streaming. Should be a good game though.

They should let the higher seed cover the streaming. I'm curious on why they are not letting the higher seed teams host throughout like football did!!! Hell, the state semifinal was played at the highest seed teams field!!
No, it wasn't.

Ironton played Cincinnati Roger Bacon in the D5 semifinal.

That game was played at London's Bowlus Field.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:06 pm

No, it wasn't.

Heck, the regional semi’s were at neutral sites. But, it’s more fun to make things up.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:22 pm

No, it wasn't.

Heck, the regional semi’s were at neutral sites. But, it’s more fun to make things up.

State semifinal game you are correct on. Looked up the wrong information

HMMMMM!!! That's funny! Wheelersburg must have been the only team that had to play at the higher seeds home field in the regional semifinals since they traveled to Ridgewood to play the Generals. Then the next week Ridgewood traveled to Ironton to take on the Tigers in the Regional final.

It's even better to know what the hell you are talking about!!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:41 pm

No, it wasn't.

HMMMMM!!! That's funny! Wheelersburg must have been the only team that had to play at the higher seeds home field in the regional semifinals since they traveled to Ridgewood to play the Generals. Then the next week Ridgewood traveled to Ironton to take on the Tigers in the Regional final.

🤷🏻‍♂️ All I know if that I covered a game at a neutral site in the RS. I don’t really care enough to get worked up about being incorrect if I am.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:20 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:41 pm

🤷🏻‍♂️ All I know if that I covered a game at a neutral site in the RS. I don’t really care enough to get worked up about being incorrect if I am.

You started it. I'm telling Dad :D :D :D

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Wheelersburg live-streaming is top notch but do they take it all on the road? The games I saw at Wheelersburg they used numerous cameras at different spots around the gym. Do they do that on the road?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Not sure on this one. EB allowing 1 guy to nearly beat them scares me a bit. They won’t let Truitt or Miller dominate I doubt. Can another Burgite hit 3-4 3’s?

I do like bbjunky’s point that Buecler did go anywhere in the road this year and challenge his team and that SHOULD help out here.

This could be a classic, hope it is.

Return to “Boys Basketball”