The West Side Winators

Basketballfan40
Freshman Team

The West Side Winators

Post by Basketballfan40 »

I figured I would fill in what I know about one of the most surprising teams in southern Ohio this year...
Last edited by Basketballfan40 on Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: The West Side Winators

Post by Ironman92 »

After that big loss to Minford they have been rolling and the SEOP Feel Good Story of the basketball season.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:45 pm After that big loss to Minford they have been rolling and the SEOP Feel Good Story of the basketball season.
Agreed. It’s too bad this is a year where the Convo is out, because they would likely get a lot of casual fans pulling for them.

Basketballfan40
Freshman Team

Roster:
Seniors-
#2 Eli Adkins 5’7 G
* #3 Luke Howard 6’0 F
#4 Tanner Cantrell 6’0 F
* #11 Marion Phillips 6’4 F
* #13 Steven Sadler 5’7 G
#22 Luke Bradford 6’2 F
#23 Brandon Koch 5’7 G
* #24 Andrew Jones 6’3 F
* #42 Rodney Moore 6’5 C
Juniors-
#10 Jesse Dixon 6’3 G
#15 Noah Coleman 5’11 G
#30 Brennan Overby 6’5 F
#32 Jacob Davis 5’11 G
Sophomores-
#0 Ryan Sissel 6’0 F
#44 Mitchell Irwin 5’10 G
* Denotes starters
Last edited by Basketballfan40 on Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:34 am, edited 4 times in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the Westsiders finished LAST season at 7-16 ... #54 on the Elite 8 final rankings ... the committee of one - me - had PW at #57 in the preseason poll ... Where are the Senators now? having had to WORK their way UP through the rankings over the first 10 weeks of action Portsmouth West sits at #17 which HAS TO BE the highest ranking since pfloyd has been doing the Elite 8 ... Coach McClanahan has turned the program around with D ... made believers outta SEO that PW can play hoops ... credit/kudos go to the players :
Ryan Sissel, Eli Adkins, Luke Howard, Tanner Cantrell, Jesse Dixon, Marion Phillips, Steven Sadler, Noah Coleman, Luke Bradford, Brandon Koch, Andrew Jones, Brennan Overby, Jacob Davis, Rodney Moore, Mitchell Irwin

... the Westsiders sit at 13-4 on the 2020-21 campaign ... well done PW - pfloyd

Basketballfan40
Freshman Team

pfloyd wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:12 pm ... the Westsiders finished LAST season at 7-16 ... #54 on the Elite 8 final rankings ... the committee of one - me - had PW at #57 in the preseason poll ... Where are the Senators now? having had to WORK their way UP through the rankings over the first 10 weeks of action Portsmouth West sits at #17 which HAS TO BE the highest ranking since pfloyd has been doing the Elite 8 ... Coach McClanahan has turned the program around with D ... made believers outta SEO that PW can play hoops ... credit/kudos go to the players :
Ryan Sissel, Eli Adkins, Luke Howard, Tanner Cantrell, Jesse Dixon, Marion Phillips, Steven Sadler, Noah Coleman, Luke Bradford, Brandon Koch, Andrew Jones, Brennan Overby, Jacob Davis, Rodney Moore, Mitchell Irwin

... the Westsiders sit at 13-4 on the 2020-21 campaign ... well done PW - pfloyd
Agreed. Out of the 15 players only about 4 played solid varsity minutes last year. I believe that was Noah Coleman, Marion Phillips, Luke Howard, and Jesse Dixon at Portsmouth. The other 11 have either played very few minutes or not at all. Coach is turning this program around.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

A lot of positivity in the West athletics right now. I hope they keep it going.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
LastOut
Waterboy

Post by LastOut »

Couldn’t be more proud of this group of young men. Going through the uncertainty of somewhat surprisingly losing Coach Hafer well after the season ended last year. Going a couple months with no coach at all until coach McClanahan was hired. No summer basketball to learn a brand new coaching program and coaching style with an entirely new staff. What they have put together this year has been remarkable and so much fun to watch. Coach McClanahan and his staff have done an amazing job this year. Coach of the year? I’d say so.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Definitely been a fun season. Alot of people didn't believe West would ever turn the basketball program around and that's being proved wrong. Absolutely coach McClanahan should be in the running for Coach of the year

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Westfan wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:57 pm Definitely been a fun season. Alot of people didn't believe West would ever turn the basketball program around and that's being proved wrong. Absolutely coach McClanahan should be in the running for Coach of the year
He’s a good coach. I agree. Burg and Waverly knew they were going to have good years with their returning line up.

LastOut
Waterboy

Post by LastOut »

What a season for West basketball. 18-5 with a sectional championship. Third place finish in SOCll. They captured the hearts of the entire district with the season they had. I’m so proud of these boys and all they have accomplished this year. Hopefully this is the catalyst for good things to come for Senators basketball.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Great Season
Coaches and Players did a great Job.
Lot of excitement in the Community as they were really behind this team. Positive Outlook and High Expectations leading into next year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”