D2 Seeding Predictions/Thoughts

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: D2 Seeding Predictions/Thoughts

Post by smurray »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:11 pm Hillsboro’s best wins are Jackson and Unioto, who is pretty even

Unioto’s best win is a 17-2 Adena team, who they ended up splitting with
So Hillsboro’s best win is over someone who beat them as well, someone Waverly also beat.
Waverly with two wins more better than that..

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:10 pm
smurray wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:08 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:51 pm

I don’t think Hillsboro’s young coach will have the pull that Stiverson does...unless several others are interested in Hillsboro being the 2....but if Waverly also going for the 2 it's like 2 competitors in a mayor’s race trying to dethrone the current mayor ...they’ll steal each other’s votes.
I don’t think Waverly is vying for the 2 but they are well deserving of the 3.
But of course Waverly beat Fairfield Union who beat Logan Elm...
I don’t think the 3 is out of reach. Does Hillsboro or Waverly have a big game this week that could sway one over the other?
I believe a Waverly win at Wheelersburg Friday night should sway Waverly to not only a 3 but a 2.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:16 pm
smurray wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:08 pm

I don’t think Waverly is vying for the 2 but they are well deserving of the 3.
But of course Waverly beat Fairfield Union who beat Logan Elm...
I don’t think the 3 is out of reach. Does Hillsboro or Waverly have a big game this week that could sway one over the other?
I believe a Waverly win at Wheelersburg Friday night should sway Waverly to not only a 3 but a 2.
I think the 3 at that point IMO but with another burg loss where would that put you guys you think? 4 maybe?

But possibly the 2 with a win

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:20 pm

I think the 3 at that point IMO but with another burg loss where would that put you guys you think? 4 maybe?

A loss at undefeated Wheelersburg shouldnt hurt Waverly but ya looking at the 4.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Waverly is the only school in history who hasn’t had a bad loss

Lose at home to a team you beat by 40 on the road? Not a bad loss, our coach took the blame for it, so it doesn’t count.

AHS_Stephens
JV Team

Post by AHS_Stephens »

How does Athens like so many other teams not being able to play the past two weeks due to being in quarantine hurt their draw seed? Athens is set to return on the 9th after the draw is announced and play many games over a two weeks to finish all regular season conference makeup games before the tournament begins.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Anyone not voting for Warren and Logan Elm in the top two will be on the crap list. Good luck.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Treyman3 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:41 pm Any Chance Hillsboro gets #2 seed votes? Logan Elm is tough but only 9 wins, and who is their best win? LE's non league wins are over Bexley and Westfall, neither a quality win. Hillsboro has 1 more loss but 5 more wins.
Bexley is 6-4 and plays in the MSL-Ohio with Whitehall (defeated Pickerington North), Worthington Christian, Buckeye Valley, Wellington and Columbus Academy. Bexley also owns a 14-point win over Olentangy Berlin, which defeated the No. 3 team in pfloyd's district rankings.

I'd say Bloom-Carroll is LE's best win. Bloom-Carroll is coming off a win at 11-4 DeSales. Logan Elm beat Bloom-Carroll by double figures twice.

As for Fairfield Union, I'd seed them at 8 or 9 but they will likely fall down to 11 or 12. Good luck to the team that plays them in the sectional final. That's going to be a battle.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

smurray wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:23 pm
mlittle wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:20 pm

A loss at undefeated Wheelersburg shouldnt hurt Waverly but ya looking at the 4.
I’d say several coaches will have everything decided an seeds set before that game and many of those won’t go in and resubmit/edit....if Waverly wins at Burg I’d be good with them in the 3 and arguably the 2 but I don’t feel it’ll happen based on how the seedings are done.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

HamPorter wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:31 pm Waverly is the only school in history who hasn’t had a bad loss

Lose at home to a team you beat by 40 on the road? Not a bad loss, our coach took the blame for it, so it doesn’t count.
Lol

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

HamPorter wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:31 pm Waverly is the only school in history who hasn’t had a bad loss

This site is for thoughts and opinions, people give their opinions on here everyday. But heaven forbid you give an opinion that’s different than HamPorter. And for the record I never said it wasn’t a bad loss. I said it wasn’t as bad as people are making it out to be. Yes, we thought it was horrible at the time but looking at it now they are 13-4 so it’s not losing to a 4-13 team. And no doubt in my mind we beat them every time we play them after that game. The point being, look at the entire resume which includes BIG wins and strength of schedule. I believe Waverly’s strength of schedule is way better and their wins are better.

But we all know in the end it will be Hillsboro 3 and Waverly 4 (and Hillsboro refused to play Waverly, hmmmmm.).

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

smurray wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:45 am

This site is for thoughts and opinions, people give their opinions on here everyday. But heaven forbid you give an opinion that’s different than HamPorter. And for the record I never said it wasn’t a bad loss. I said it wasn’t as bad as people are making it out to be. Yes, we thought it was horrible at the time but looking at it now they are 13-4 so it’s not losing to a 4-13 team. And no doubt in my mind we beat them every time we play them after that game. The point being, look at the entire resume which includes BIG wins and strength of schedule. I believe Waverly’s strength of schedule is way better and their wins are better.

But we all know in the end it will be Hillsboro 3 and Waverly 4 (and Hillsboro refused to play Waverly, hmmmmm.).
The refused to play isn’t telling their side...maybe couldn’t work out a date, maybe they didn’t have the opening, maybe they feel they know you well but don’t want you to know them as well....regardless that is a very one-sided case.

Waverly’s strength of schedule is way better? Maybe, I haven’t looked that deep into it but seems like “way” isn’t the right word at all.

I think comparing the two teams “way” is never the appropriate word

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:56 am
smurray wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:45 am

The refused to play isn’t telling their side...maybe couldn’t work out a date, maybe they didn’t have the opening, maybe they feel they know you well but don’t want you to know them as well....regardless that is a very one-sided case.

Waverly’s strength of schedule is way better? Maybe, I haven’t looked that deep into it but seems like “way” isn’t the right word at all.

I think comparing the two teams “way” is never the appropriate word
Wins on the road at Fairfield Union after a three week shutdown and just a 2 practices to get ready, at Columbus Bishop Ready who beat Desales and a win against Jackson who Hillsboro split with. Losses to undefeated State ranked Wheelersburg and double overtime loss to 1 loss Heath.
Besides Jackson who is Hillsboro’s big win? Who have they played that compares to undefeated Wheelerburg, Heath, Bishop Ready, Fairfield Union (who just beat Logan Elm)?

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

I agree that Waverly is just as worthy as anyone as the #3 seed, maybe even #2 seed if you compare wins between them and Logan Elm. But I don't like the "coming off quarentine with only 2 practices" part of the argument. Every team that I know of has dealt with missed practices and qurentines.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

If Travis did pull out his inner used car salesman and managed to get the 2 wound LE go to the 3 and Boro the 4 or would Boro still stay 3 and LE get the 4?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Treyman3 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:33 am I agree that Waverly is just as worthy as anyone as the #3 seed, maybe even #2 seed if you compare wins between them and Logan Elm. But I don't like the "coming off quarentine with only 2 practices" part of the argument. Every team that I know of has dealt with missed practices and qurentines.
I was just saying they were off 3 weeks - December 12 game against Miami Trace (who they beat 62-35) until the game at Fairfield Union which was January 2. Not being in the gym but for a couple practices that week leading up to that game on the road at a tough place to play against a very good opponent and won 57-52. THAT IS A VERY GOOD WIN! And did I mention Fairfield Union who appears to be back at that strength just beat top 2 seed Logan Elm.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:55 am If Travis did pull out his inner used car salesman and managed to get the 2 wound LE go to the 3 and Boro the 4 or would Boro still stay 3 and LE get the 4?
I don't think Travis is pitching for a 2. And def not trying to be a used car salesman, LOL.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:58 am
mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:55 am If Travis did pull out his inner used car salesman and managed to get the 2 wound LE go to the 3 and Boro the 4 or would Boro still stay 3 and LE get the 4?
I don't think Travis is pitching for a 2. And def not trying to be a used car salesman, LOL.
It would be used car salesman esque if he did tho.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I’d also welcome a 6 and 3 matchup with Unioto vs Waverly in the downtown gym. Get to watch Trey and Isaac go at it one more time. Win or lose I think that would be awesome

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:03 am I’d also welcome a 6 and 3 matchup with Unioto vs Waverly in the downtown gym. Get to watch Trey and Isaac go at it one more time. Win or lose I think that would be awesome
That would a packed downtown arena if not for that virus 🦠 thing.

Return to “Boys Basketball”