D2 Seeding Predictions/Thoughts

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: D2 Seeding Predictions/Thoughts

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:50 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:48 pm
mlittle wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:44 pm

Make an argument for Waverly at the 3 over Boro.
I’ll be shocked if they get a single vote for the 3 over Hillsboro.
If Waverly and Boro played in a sudden death match for the 3 there would be 700 foul shots taken
Without doing the math...I feel that’s mathematically impossible per 15 player per team

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

smurray wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:40 pm Hillsboro at 3 over Waverly 4 is not obvious.......
Don’t think Waverly will get the 3. But Waverly had a very good win at Bishop Ready. And the two of their three losses come from an undefeated Burg team and a one loss Heath team. Both games were very close with the Heath game going to double OT. Guess the only real knock on the Tigers resume is the West loss. Which isn’t a great loss, but the Senators have only lost 4 games this year so not like they aren’t a decent team.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:58 pm
smurray wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:40 pm Hillsboro at 3 over Waverly 4 is not obvious.......
Seems like it is

Not saying Waverly couldn’t beat Hillsboro just saying Hillsboro the better resume IMO. I watched both of you beat my team within 3 days and was equally impressed. The Ready win was nice but losing to West at home comes close to negating it. I think Waverly may have the higher ceiling but think Hillsboro has been more consistent all year.
That nails my thinking as well. Not saying that Waverly may not be the better team, but Hillsboro’s consistency will likely put them over the top.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

If Waverly and Boro played in a sudden death match for the 3 there would be 700 foul shots taken
Travis tried to schedule a game with Hillsboro before the draw but no go.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ed Ott wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:36 pm I’ve heard some crazy things.

I’ve heard Fairfield Union lobbying hard to get the #6
I’ve heard one team trying to get 2 seeds above Logan Elm and therefore avoid Warren and LE and would put them against each other in Dist semis.
I’ve heard Miami Trace going after a better seed to try to get Unioto again.

I can’t imagine Fairfield not getting some 10-12 votes so that will make the 6 almost impossible. If Logan Elm gets the 4 seed then the coaches need to lose their vote snd just draw from a hat the next year. No way Unioto worse than 7 seed and no way Trace can get to the 10 seed, that would be fishier than Elm at 4
What? So Waverly or Hillsboro trying to get the 2?...and LE the 4???? No way lol. FU seems slated for the 9 or 10 spot...could sneak the 8 maybe. Miami Trace has a better chance of beating Warren Local in Warren than getting the 10 seed

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

smurray wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:17 pm

Where was it to be played?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:00 pm
Don’t think Waverly will get the 3. But Waverly had a very good win at Bishop Ready. And the two of their three losses come from an undefeated Burg team and a one loss Heath team. Both games were very close with the Heath game going to double OT. Guess the only real knock on the Tigers resume is the West loss. Which isn’t a great loss, but the Senators have only lost 4 games this year so not like they aren’t a decent team.
Win at Bishop Ready a very very big win.
Waverly win at Fairfield Union who just happened to beat Logan Elm.
Loss to undefeated Wheelersburg and 1 loss State ranked Heath in double OT.
West isn’t as bad of a loss as people are saying as they are 13-4. And Travis said we can blame him for that loss for the technical that made it all possible.

Waverly beat Jackson
Hillsboro split with Jackson

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:19 pm
smurray wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:17 pm

Where was it to be played?
No idea

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:29 pm

West isn’t as bad of a loss as people are saying as they are 13-4. And Travis said we can blame him for that loss for the technical that made it all possible.

Waverly beat Jackson
Was FU full roster when you beat them by 2?

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

Any Chance Hillsboro gets #2 seed votes? Logan Elm is tough but only 9 wins, and who is their best win? LE's non league wins are over Bexley and Westfall, neither a quality win. Hillsboro has 1 more loss but 5 more wins.

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

I watched the FU/Waverly game as well as FU vs Sheridan. As far as I know FU was at full strength in both of those games, at least they had all of their main players. They were right after each other after they got Harrah back and before they went on quarentine again.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:37 pm

Waverly beat Jackson
I believe they were and we had just come off that three week layoff from being quarantined.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Talking about the West loss:
3 of their 4 losses have been to Waverly and two to undefeated Wheelersburg...
Waverly lead by 5 with .19 left and we all know what happened from there.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Treyman3 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:41 pm Any Chance Hillsboro gets #2 seed votes? Logan Elm is tough but only 9 wins, and who is their best win? LE's non league wins are over Bexley and Westfall, neither a quality win. Hillsboro has 1 more loss but 5 more wins.
I don’t think Hillsboro’s young coach will have the pull that Stiverson does...unless several others are interested in Hillsboro being the 2....but if Waverly also going for the 2 it's like 2 competitors in a mayor’s race trying to dethrone the current mayor ...they’ll steal each other’s votes.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:49 pm
mlittle wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:37 pm

Waverly beat Jackson
I believe they were and we had just come off that three week layoff from being quarantined.
FU not an easy place to win

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

smurray wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:51 pm Talking about the West loss:
3 of their 4 losses have been to Waverly and two to undefeated Wheelersburg...
Waverly lead by 5 with .19 left and we all know what happened from there.
Didn’t West lose to Minford by 20 or 25? West is a pretty good D3 team but they were pretty good dogs at Waverly. That technical might be the difference between 3 and 4....which in the long run won’t really matter....gonna have to beat LE or Warren regardless and Waverly isn’t just shooting for a district semi appearance....they could be the last SE D2 team standing.

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

A lot of focus on losses, Who is each teams best win?
Waverly over Ready is a good one.
Sheridan beat Meadowbrook by 20 who will likely be the #1 seed in East
Logan Elm's best win is probably Bloom Carroll?
Not familiar with Hillsboro's schedule, is Jackson their #1 win?
Fairfield Union beat Logan Elm

Who are some of the others?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:51 pm
Treyman3 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:41 pm Any Chance Hillsboro gets #2 seed votes? Logan Elm is tough but only 9 wins, and who is their best win? LE's non league wins are over Bexley and Westfall, neither a quality win. Hillsboro has 1 more loss but 5 more wins.
I don’t think Hillsboro’s young coach will have the pull that Stiverson does...unless several others are interested in Hillsboro being the 2....but if Waverly also going for the 2 it's like 2 competitors in a mayor’s race trying to dethrone the current mayor ...they’ll steal each other’s votes.
I don’t think Waverly is vying for the 2 but they are well deserving of the 3.
But of course Waverly beat Fairfield Union who beat Logan Elm...

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:08 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:51 pm
I don’t think Waverly is vying for the 2 but they are well deserving of the 3.
But of course Waverly beat Fairfield Union who beat Logan Elm...
I don’t think the 3 is out of reach. Does Hillsboro or Waverly have a big game this week that could sway one over the other?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Hillsboro’s best wins are Jackson and Unioto, who is pretty even

Unioto’s best win is a 17-2 Adena team, who they ended up splitting with

Return to “Boys Basketball”