D2 Seeding Predictions/Thoughts

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: D2 Seeding Predictions/Thoughts

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:38 am
mlittle wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:28 am Should start another thread that says “what idiot coach is gonna do the Dabo vote this year?”

I can see someone voting Warren or LE at 10
No one will do that to those two teams. Everyone else might be at risk though. Highest and lowest votes should be eliminated but coaches could still work around it some if they wanted.

If it’s ridiculous I say go to harbin points like football or draw it like every other district in Ohio and let coaches place themselves. But I’ll give the coaches the fair shake and let them put a team a spot or two lower than they probably should be and have a few coaches align with them...now if a coach votes Jackson at the 12 or McClain at the 14....or even the other way and vote themselves or other way better then we need to keep changing the system.
Highest and Lowest are eliminated. Which is why one D2 school had like 10 seeds last year eliminated. The problem is if there are multiple idiots who mess things up.

Not doing things in person ultimately leads to no accountability for the idiot coaches (it happens in SVC all league voting, specifically for baseball) so it really does need changed. Even if the change just leads to an open bracket where the teams get to choose their own path, thus could go after the coaches that vote them way down.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:10 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:38 am
mlittle wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:28 am Should start another thread that says “what idiot coach is gonna do the Dabo vote this year?”

I can see someone voting Warren or LE at 10
No one will do that to those two teams. Everyone else might be at risk though. Highest and lowest votes should be eliminated but coaches could still work around it some if they wanted.

If it’s ridiculous I say go to harbin points like football or draw it like every other district in Ohio and let coaches place themselves. But I’ll give the coaches the fair shake and let them put a team a spot or two lower than they probably should be and have a few coaches align with them...now if a coach votes Jackson at the 12 or McClain at the 14....or even the other way and vote themselves or other way better then we need to keep changing the system.
Highest and Lowest are eliminated. Which is why one D2 school had like 10 seeds last year eliminated. The problem is if there are multiple idiots who mess things up.

Not doing things in person ultimately leads to no accountability for the idiot coaches (it happens in SVC all league voting, specifically for baseball) so it really does need changed. Even if the change just leads to an open bracket where the teams get to choose their own path, thus could go after the coaches that vote them way down.
I wasn’t sure on the highest snd lowest

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Good rundown of the potential seeding. Remember, all information has to be in by Wednesday night and I believe voting is concluded on Friday night.

So games only through Tuesday will likely be included in seeding and how coaches vote.

Seopnation
Freshman Team

Post by Seopnation »

Shew - that 3/14 drive for Gallia (or Marietta as in the Mock seedings) would be an absolute bear!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Seopnation wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:01 pm Shew - that 3/14 drive for Gallia (or Marietta as in the Mock seedings) would be an absolute bear!
Marietta to Hillsboro is decently likely

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

bman wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:07 pm Good rundown of the potential seeding. Remember, all information has to be in by Wednesday night and I believe voting is concluded on Friday night.

So games only through Tuesday will likely be included in seeding and how coaches vote.
Although the information has to be in by Wednesday night, I believe most coaches will use Friday night's results to help them in their final voting.

With the ease of Technology, I don't see why the SE can't shorten the window to submitting the deadline to entering Bio's to Saturday, then have a 2 or 3 hour window on Sunday morning to vote. This would allow teams to include 2-3 more games before the actual vote.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Treyman3 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:09 pm
bman wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:07 pm Good rundown of the potential seeding. Remember, all information has to be in by Wednesday night and I believe voting is concluded on Friday night.

Although the information has to be in by Wednesday night, I believe most coaches will use Friday night's results to help them in their final voting.

With the ease of Technology, I don't see why the SE can't shorten the window to submitting the deadline to entering Bio's to Saturday, then have a 2 or 3 hour window on Sunday morning to vote. This would allow teams to include 2-3 more games before the actual vote.
... I totally agree Treyman3 - with the technology - a Sunday morning window IS the way to go - 2 or 3 extra game outcomes is HUGE in determining seeding imo ... technology - use it ! ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:22 pm

... I totally agree Treyman3 - with the technology - a Sunday morning window IS the way to go - 2 or 3 extra game outcomes is HUGE in determining seeding imo ... technology - use it ! ...
I still don’t think that would change the coaches siding up with other coaches and voting a certain way....might make it a notch harder but wouldn’t stop them.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I think that depends on what your Friday night looks like. If you have a long road trip then I think those coaches would likely vote earlier in the day.

I don't see why the voting can't close at noon on Sunday and then release the brackets at 3:30 p.m. It's all done by computer, anyway.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

If I was a coach in this d2 district I would refuse to vote for seeding until all coaches were vaccinated

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:06 pm If I was a coach in this d2 district I would refuse to vote for seeding until all coaches were vaccinated
Lol

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

mlittle wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:06 pm If I was a coach in this d2 district I would refuse to vote for seeding until all coaches were vaccinated
Post of the year. :lol:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Even after combining the sectionals - these threads have nowhere near the drama the old D2 Logan sectional threads had. lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:03 am Even after combining the sectionals - these threads have nowhere near the drama the old D2 Logan sectional threads had. lol
Well we went from 200 posters to 12 and it’s still early

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:30 am
93Bulldog wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:03 am Even after combining the sectionals - these threads have nowhere near the drama the old D2 Logan sectional threads had. lol

Rank your top 12 next week. Coward

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:31 pm

Drink less

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:21 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:31 pm

Drink less
I only drink high quality H2O.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Always a good idea to drink more

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: D2 Seeding Predictions/Thoughtd

Post by formerfcfan »

Treyman3 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:03 am Pretty good list, Like you said earlier, it's going to be interesting to see where coaches put FU. They play a difficult non league schedule and beat Logan Elm, but that record is going to be hard to ignore.
Because many coaches aren't going to do their homework and challenge themselves to consider the quality of their league and non-league schedule. It's a minor pitfall of having leagues split across different athletic districts.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: D2 Seeding Predictions/Thoughtd

Post by Ironman92 »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:43 pm
Treyman3 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:03 am Pretty good list, Like you said earlier, it's going to be interesting to see where coaches put FU. They play a difficult non league schedule and beat Logan Elm, but that record is going to be hard to ignore.
Because many coaches aren't going to do their homework and challenge themselves to consider the quality of their league and non-league schedule. It's a minor pitfall of having leagues split across different athletic districts.
Homework or not....not easy to know where to fairly seed FU

Return to “Boys Basketball”