Post by PirateFan[69] »

76-50 final

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Jackson @ Wheelersburg 1/30/21

Post by VetteMan »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:36 pm 71-46 Burg 2:44 left
Very impressed with the Burg tonight
Wow! Not surprised that Burg would win, I am surprised at the margin.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

So much for the rock fight, thought this would be closer. Good win BURG, good luck to Jackson going forward.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Post by Jackson Football »

packers80 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:52 pm So much for the rock fight, thought this would be closer. Good win BURG, good luck to Jackson going forward.
That makes two of us. Good luck Pirates.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Pfloyd's Elite 8 should look quite a bit different after this week.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Great win by The Pirates tonight!!! Good luck to Jackson rest of the way. Hope you win the FAC and make a good tournament run.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Why I think burg is steam rolling this year.

1. All 5 on the court can score.
2. Bench is deep. 8 deep without any drop off with whoever they have.
3. Their main rotation can guard and can switch screens.

While there are no true dominant basketball players, they have a team of players that can play and not just be athletes.

To beat burg, a team can’t go on scoring droughts because the pirates can go on a 7 to 8 point run quickly.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:05 pm Why I think burg is steam rolling this year.

While there are no true dominant basketball players, they have a team of players that can play and not just be athletes.

To beat burg, a team can’t go on scoring droughts because the pirates can go on a 7 to 8 point run quickly.
Good post. I thought top 7 really good and #8 a 6’3 kid who was solid.

Burg was very impressive. Id have been ok had they not been lights out shooting as a team but sometimes great teams shoot great. I thought we contested a lot of shots that Burg just made anyways. Defense excellent. Good size....team gets back great and just leaves very few uncontested shots. THAT Burg team would give the final 4 a serious run. I’d be surprised if they are always THAT good...but they were tonight.

I’ve not followed very many Burg games this year...does Ater typically leave the starters in up 25 with 2 min left? It seemed a bit much and glad no one rolled an ankle or anything but I was very surprised their top players were in so late in such a physical game....or trying to make a statement for seeding?

Best team we’ve faced this season by a decent bit.

Jackson took one on the chin...good effort and pulled it close a few times but couldn’t get over the hump. A little tired and still learning different lineups. Our #8 man from earlier is now scoring and playing a little better and we have a player who regained eligibility and he can do some things. Had 10 points tonight. We need a couple easy games and we need to get a dang home game. 10-3 but 9 road games and next two games are road games. That’s a lot to ask but I suspect Jackson will be 12-3 and coming home to Jackson for a game with Chillicothe next Saturday.

We can do this. Tough game tonight...remember how it feels and move on...keep getting better, plenty of time to peak still.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:31 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:05 pm Why I think burg is steam rolling this year.

Burg was very impressive. Id have been ok had they not been lights out shooting as a team but sometimes great teams shoot great. I thought we contested a lot of shots that Burg just made anyways. Defense excellent. Good size....team gets back great and just leaves very few uncontested shots. THAT Burg team would give the final 4 a serious run. I’d be surprised if they are always THAT good...but they were tonight.

I’ve not followed very many Burg games this year...does Ater typically leave the starters in up 25 with 2 min left? It seemed a bit much and glad no one rolled an ankle or anything but I was very surprised their top players were in so late in such a physical game....or trying to make a statement for seeding?

Jackson took one on the chin...good effort and pulled it close a few times but couldn’t get over the hump. A little tired and still learning different lineups. Our #8 man from earlier is now scoring and playing a little better and we have a player who regained eligibility and he can do some things. Had 10 points tonight. We need a couple easy games and we need to get a dang home game. 10-3 but 9 road games and next two games are road games. That’s a lot to ask but I suspect Jackson will be 12-3 and coming home to Jackson for a game with Chillicothe next Saturday.

We can do this. Tough game tonight...remember how it feels and move on...keep getting better, plenty of time to pea still.
Coach ater typically subs when the other team does. I guess he thinks starters for starters. Jackson is probably pretty good but I think burg is just really good. Problem is they will have fairland and harvest prep to contend with. Both of those teams can score and force burg to play a close one. Hopefully they can survive and make it.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:57 pm

We can do this. Tough game tonight...remember how it feels and move on...keep getting better, plenty of time to pea still.
Coach ater typically subs when the other team does. I guess he thinks starters for starters. Jackson is probably pretty good but I think burg is just really good. Problem is they will have fairland and harvest prep to contend with. Both of those teams can score and force burg to play a close one. Hopefully they can survive and make it.
As well as Eastern Brown and Adena...

Last year if you asked I would have told you Fairland is the best D3 team in the district.... and they were.

This year? I’m not sure. There’s 4 legitimate teams who all have an argument - Burg, Adena, Fairland, and Eastern Brown.....

And coming out of the central with either be Harvest or Worthington Christian.... WC is my pick to win the state in D3

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Thanks, clearly wasn’t the case. Should be a very nice tourney run for Burg.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:50 am

Honestly I can’t stand how all coaches sub their bench when the game has been decided in the third or early fourth. Wait until about one minute and sub out all the starting 5. Looked like Jackson subbed one kid early and that didn’t register with Ater. But he will only wait until other team does it. I understand that philosophy a little in college with a shot clock but in high school? Coming bank from 20 down with four minutes is not impossible but hard to do.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:25 am

Honestly I can’t stand how all coaches sub their bench when the game has been decided in the third or early fourth. Wait until about one minute and sub out all the starting 5. Looked like Jackson subbed one kid early and that didn’t register with Ater. But he will only wait until other team does it. I understand that philosophy a little in college with a shot clock but in high school? Coming bank from 20 down with four minutes is not impossible but hard to do.
In this season in particular I can see why you would leave starters in longer than usual. I would want them getting as many game minutes as possible with all of the uncertainty of covid and cancellations.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:25 am

It’s ok. Not always easy to keep up who is in. From my perspective we played at Minford Wednesday in a tight one, on road Friday night where we played 9 in the rotation and played 9 in rotation last night but we seem a bit tired. Our 3 leading scorers on the season barely touched the court in the 4th quarter. Spires was in there for about 1/2 the quarter. Our 5-9 guys were in most of the quarter. Our 10th guy came in before the 4 minute mark and my kid was the last one off the bench went in around 3:30 mark. Burg did their mass sub out the first stoppage after the 2:00 mark. It felt like a statement for seeding (didn’t feel at Jackson)

No biggee, we need to get better and finish off this brutal road stretch and get everyone gelling together.

Good Luck to your Pirates

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:48 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:44 pm Pirates don’t lose to the Ironmen too often in anything. Collectively kids in all sports like taking it to a larger school rival from the area. Expecting a decent margin and a win tonight. Burg 62, Jackson 44.
The sausage king has spoken and agrees with most others. Burg by a lot
Ehh, prediction was kinda close I guess

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Very good job by burg putting this online and calling game. Different camera angles and replays were very good. Somehow they managed this without charging people

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

JTEK wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:00 pm Very good job by burg putting this online and calling game. Different camera angles and replays were very good. Somehow they managed this without charging people
The kids in the technology class do a great job

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

JTEK wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:00 pm Very good job by burg putting this online and calling game. Different camera angles and replays were very good. Somehow they managed this without charging people
Agree....my dad watched and listed snd he said those guys did a good job, even though they called his grandson the wrong player...they did compliment his defense so he was good lol.

Return to “Boys Basketball”