Portsmouth West @ Portsmouth 1/30

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Portsmouth West @ Portsmouth 1/30

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Thoughts on this one? West brings a overall 11-4 record into this game and 3-0 out of league with wins against Western, St. Joe, and Notre Dame

Loyal Loyal to The West Side
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Portsmouth West @ Portsmouth 1/30

Post by Ironman92 »

Maybe an upset? Maybe a 20 point West win.

My first thought was upset...I have nothing to base it on.
Last edited by Ironman92 on Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

West by a lot...

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

Portsmouth games have been cancelled all this week due to COVID.
However, if this game was being played, I can assure you 69 that Portsmouth would give them all they wanted. I realize this is a special and unprecedented year for West, and kudos to them for putting it together, but the Trojans would have made this an interesting game.
Not sure yet if this one will get rescheduled..

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Portsmouth has been a little too inconsistent while West has been pretty consistent.. I think I'll take the Senators here by about 10-15..

Correction, just saw the above post. This makes the 3rd or 4th time Portsmouth has been quarantined hasn't it? Pretty crazy.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
trojan7
JV Team

Post by trojan7 »

Moses Guthrie wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:13 am Portsmouth games have been cancelled all this week due to COVID.
However, if this game was being played, I can assure you 69 that Portsmouth would give them all they wanted. I realize this is a special and unprecedented year for West, and kudos to them for putting it together, but the Trojans would have made this an interesting game.
This game is still on as Portsmouth played at Gallia tonight.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Senators win this by 15-20. IMO the Trojans do not have the ball handlers to succeed against West’s aggressive 1-3-1 defense.

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

trojan7 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:36 pm
Moses Guthrie wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:13 am Portsmouth games have been cancelled all this week due to COVID.
This game is still on as Portsmouth played at Gallia tonight.
I was planning to purchase tickets for this game. Decided to reach out to Joe A to see if it was cancelled and he confirmed to me yesterday morning that it was cancelled. If something happened after that then I haven’t gotten that info..

Hampshire
JV Team

Post by Hampshire »

Coach McClanahan was on the coaches show on WNXT this morning. They were advertising the game. So they either don’t know it is cancelled or the game is still on.

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

The game is on.
My source was extremely credible (being the host AD).
😆
As it turns out I stand corrected.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:27 am Senators win this by 15-20. IMO the Trojans do not have the ball handlers to succeed against West’s aggressive 1-3-1 defense.

Final West 43-42
I got to catch some of the 4th quarter of this one after The Burg’s game. Guess I was wrong about the margin. Shipley looked like he had a good game and the Trojans seemed to match West’s aggression with some of their own. Way to tough it out for the win Senators.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Have to give you credit, you're one of the very few that thought the Trojans would play this well.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

This was a really good game and a good atmosphere to help prepare West for the tournament. Portsmouth was ready to play. Shipp is a really good player and they obviously have athletes. They shot the ball well from 3. Game got really physical. At one point you could feel it starting to get out of hand but it turned out alright. That probably did help Portsmouth as they have little depth underneath to combat foul trouble. The Portsmouth coach lost it once on a missed travel call and probably should've been T'd up. But it was fun to watch and good to see West find a way to win.

Basketballfan40
Freshman Team

Post by Basketballfan40 »

Glad to see West healthy! Saw where they were missing a starter for 3 games and I heard his name a couple of times on the radio in clutch situations. I’d say you guys are happy to have him back. Only missing #4 Cantrell still. Hopefully he comes back soon too. Great time to have everyone heading into the tourney. Great win West.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

Glad to see the Senators putting together a great season, I'm pulling for them to get to that illusive district level.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

knowledge wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:26 pm Glad to see the Senators putting together a great season, I'm pulling for them to get to that illusive district level.
... interesting game- just watched the livestream ... there was a total of 5 points scored by both teams combined in the last 4:45 of the game ... Portsmouth had multiple shots on goal from on the blocks in the last :30 on the clock and couldn't get the ball to fall - wow ... Shipp put up 24 points as PHS found him on the backside of the West zone over and over again ... while on the other end Portsmouth played their own zone the entire game - made it difficult for the Westsiders to get the ball inside the entire game ... gotta have these kind of games to see how your TEAM responds to every possession being important ...

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

knowledge wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:26 pm Glad to see the Senators putting together a great season, I'm pulling for them to get to that illusive district level.
I know most teams in the area have the goal of making it to the Convo to play and this is the year West could have made it there and there is no Convo this year

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

4thgoal wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:31 am
I know most teams in the area have the goal of making it to the Convo to play and this is the year West could have made it there and there is no Convo this year
Yes that sucks for that opportunity to be taken away from the kids of all schools. But the good thing is basketball and sports in general are trending up at West. Football and basketball are gonna be really good for at least the next couple years. If you listen to broadcasts or read everyone always references the seniors, but they are playing 10 guys and 4 of them return next year with 3 of them having started and some skilled guys on the JV, so they aren't one year wonders.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

The SOC II is better when West is good.

Return to “Boys Basketball”