12/15 West @ Waverly

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Re: 12/15 West @ Waverly

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

GoBrownies3 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:45 am
Westfan wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:12 am The right players shot the shots regardless of the order and they're both good free throw shooters

West didn't score on the inbounds and actually committed a foul giving Waverly free throws and the lead.

Officiating was bad, but that is caused alot by Waverly's style of play. They ride every dribbler, reach and slap. Honestly if they call the game tight they would be in significant foul trouble
Surprising hearing a West fan say the officiating was bad considering how the game was called and especially the way it ended. The same official made every foul call in the last minute as well as the technical foul LOL took over the game himself. Waverly played poorly and did not handle the 1-3-1 zone well but let’s not forget they were up four points with very little time left. A touch call on Robertson in the final seconds and a foul call on Futhey bailing out a West player falling out of bounds.
Do you people not think West playing the style we are playing make people play bad? It seems every time we win people say it’s because the other team just played bad. The game was called very loose last night. I think there was many times West went to the bucket especially early in the game they didn’t call the body fouls on Waverly. They also missed some calls on us but they let the game get physical both ways and they still called a ton of fouls. I think over 60 foul shots were shot

Loyal Loyal to The West Side
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:09 pm
Westfan wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:12 am The right players shot the shots regardless of the order and they're both good free throw shooters

West didn't score on the inbounds and actually committed a foul giving Waverly free throws and the lead.

Officiating was bad, but that is caused alot by Waverly's style of play. They ride every dribbler, reach and slap. Honestly if they call the game tight they would be in significant foul trouble
Surprising hearing a West fan say the officiating was bad considering how the game was called and especially the way it ended. The same official made every foul call in the last minute as well as the technical foul LOL took over the game himself. Waverly played poorly and did not handle the 1-3-1 zone well but let’s not forget they were up four points with very little time left. A touch call on Robertson in the final seconds and a foul call on Futhey bailing out a West player falling out of bounds.
Do you people not think West playing the style we are playing make people play bad? It seems every time we win people say it’s because the other team just played bad. The game was called very loose last night. I think there was many times West went to the bucket especially early in the game they didn’t call the body fouls on Waverly. They also missed some calls on us but they let the game get physical both ways and they still called a ton of fouls. I think over 60 foul shots were shot
I don’t see the perspective at all.

West is winning and whipping up on teams we thought would be close and just knocked off Waverly.

PWest has it going and what they are doing and how they are doing it IS affecting other teams. The grandest test soon to come at Burg.

Keep enjoying the wins man...I don’t see the excuses like that.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:09 pm

That’s a lot of foul shots

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I think the Waverly win will get West respect. Even though they had won 7 in a row before the Waverly game you could still sense doubt that West was legit. And I'm not sure that I blame them, we haven't had success for a long time. But last night should be justification. For once West is finding ways to win games instead of ways to loose them. Last night IMO was a program defining win

scott1297
All Conference

Re: 12/15 Wet @ Waverly

Post by scott1297 »

great win by West ! Did Waverly just have a bad game or has West improved that much to be a contender?

Burg grad 85
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

scott1297 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:39 pm great win by West ! Did Waverly just have a bad game or has West improved that much to be a contender?
Down 7 with 2:14 left on the road against the best guard in the district and pull out a win.

You have to credit West.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:09 pm
scott1297 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:39 pm great win by West ! Did Waverly just have a bad game or has West improved that much to be a contender?
Down 7 with 2:14 left on the road against the best guard in the district and pull out a win.

You have to credit West.
Absolutely. No such thing as giving the game away. If the other team was that close to begin with they earned it

Return to “Boys Basketball”