Unioto's Matt Hoops becomes the G.O.A.T. winningest Coach at the U with win #207

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Unioto's Matt Hoops becomes the G.O.A.T. winningest Coach at the U with win #207

Post by pfloyd »

Congratulations Coach Matt Hoops!- with the 62-38 win last night vs Southeastern Coach Hoops became the winningest Head Basketball coach in Unioto history ... surpassing Coach Ron Lovely's record number wins (206-171) ... Coach Hoops stands at 207-106 going into tonight's game vs Westfall. Derrick Webb, writer for SOSA, broke it down for us as he pointed out in his article that Coach Hoops' record in his first 3 seasons at the helm of the U was 16-47 ... but as we all know it takes about 3-4 years to put YOUR mark as a head coach on a "program" - you've laid the ground work with the coaches at the younger levels in place, you organize your staff around you and the players at all levels start to buy in to your system ... after the first 3 years of "break in" Coach Hoops' record is a stellar 191-59 and counting ... 13 seasons ... 7 SVC titles ... an SVC record of 69 straight conferences (2014-2018) ... 5 sectional titles ... 2 SE District Titles ... and counting ...

I've had the pleasure to meet Coach Hoops over the many years of traveling around SE Ohio ... he has always acknowledged the Purple Hippo when I make the trip to the U or where ever the U is playing Coach has made his way into the Cheap Seats for a chat or 12 ... great Coach and even better person as you find out all that Coach does behind the scenes for his players and the U community ... here's to many more W's Coach Hoops !!! congratulations ! - pfloyd

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Unioto's Matt Hoops becomes the G.O.A.T. winningest Coach at the U with win #207

Post by Ironman92 »

1-20 in year one?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Unioto's Matt Hoops becomes the G.O.A.T. winningest Coach at the U with win #207

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:03 pm 1-20 in year one?
... I believe THAT'S right I92 ... daniC can confirm that one for us ... 1-20 - gotta believe in yourself and what you want to accomplish as a Coach, program to chalk THAT up as "growing pains" ... Coach Hoops is a good one ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:19 pm
... I believe THAT'S right I92 ... daniC can confirm that one for us ... 1-20 - gotta believe in yourself and what you want to accomplish as a Coach, program to chalk THAT up as "growing pains" ... Coach Hoops is a good one ...
Year 2...it was not a lot of fun and we didn’t know if we would be back for Year 3. Once the improvement started in Y3, the administration fully bought in and it’s pretty consistently smooth sailing since.

Coach Hoops was my brother’s childhood best friend, so he’s known me since I was an infant. I played for him before he was a varsity coach and have been coaching with him for 11 of those seasons. He’s one of my best friends and legitimately an outstanding person who cares so much for the kids of the school/community, not just his players.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Would’ve never happened without Little

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

mlittle wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:51 pm Would’ve never happened without Little
👍🏻
Don’t break your arm patting yourself on the back

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:08 pm
👍🏻
Trying to break the website 😆

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:08 pm
👍🏻
2 years ago this would’ve locked up the website. Not much more fun to be had on here

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:41 pm
Year 2...it was not a lot of fun and we didn’t know if we would be back for Year 3. Once the improvement started in Y3, the administration fully bought in and it’s pretty consistently smooth sailing since.

Coach Hoops was my brother’s childhood best friend, so he’s known me since I was an infant. I played for him before he was a varsity coach and have been coaching with him for 11 of those seasons. He’s one of my best friends and legitimately an outstanding person who cares so much for the kids of the school/community, not just his players.
... good stuff daniC ! ... I believe ! any coach who puts up a "Reserved for Pfloyd" sign in the Cheap Seats gets the Purple Hippos vote for life !!! LOL ...

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:41 pm

👍 like

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Congratulations Matt!

Return to “Boys Basketball”