Twin big Cats

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Twin big Cats

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

The Twin Towers were the final pieces to a long tourney run. Unfortunately they may never get to make an impact with school closed today and the season in jeopardy. Hopefully it will all work out and we'll get to see these guys dominate.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Twin big Cats

Post by pfloyd »

Trimble Juvenile wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:45 am The Twin Towers were the final pieces to a long tourney run. Unfortunately they may never get to make an impact with school closed today and the season in jeopardy. Hopefully it will all work out and we'll get to see these guys dominate.
... are we talking Twin Towers by Trimble "standards" ? - which would equate to 6-1ish :D

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:05 pm
Trimble Juvenile wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:45 am The Twin Towers were the final pieces to a long tourney run. Unfortunately they may never get to make an impact with school closed today and the season in jeopardy. Hopefully it will all work out and we'll get to see these guys dominate.
... are we talking Twin Towers by Trimble "standards" ? - which would equate to 6-1ish :D
It’s D4, do you expect them to be 6’8”?

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:01 am
I expected in the 6-3 or 6-4 range when you throw out the term "Twin Towers" ... 6-3 or 6-4 isn't out of the ordinary in D4 even for SEO so yep I was thinking bigger than 6-1 ...

D4's in SEO with size (6-8 isn't usual for any division in SEO so NO I wasn't thinking 6-8) ... New Boston starts 6-6. 6-5 ... Fed Hock starts 6-5. 6-4, 6-3 ... South Webster will have a 6-8 freshman coming on the scene next year who is OUTSANDING right now and would make an impact at the varsity level right now he is THAT good ... Notre Dame 6-6. 6-4. 6-3, 6-2 ... Valley starts 6-4, 6-3, 6-2 with 6-8 on the bench ... Peebles 6-5, 6-4, 6-4, 6-3 ... so yeah I was thinking when you throughout twin towers something bigger than 6-1... you haven't even given any names or heights to go with your twin towers - who are they and what are we looking at in height?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Eli is gonna have to grow another 4 inches to be 6’8 next year but he’s a growing lad! Probably be close

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:21 pm Eli is gonna have to grow another 4 inches to be 6’8 next year but he’s a growing lad! Probably be close
I was watching the 8th grade game the other day when he had the 2 hand slam at the end of the half, then the game winner and I THOUGHT the guys calling the game said he was 6-8! my bad - don't want to spread false info ... I'm positive they said he was 6-8 LOL ... either way he's a good one !!! LOL

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:52 pm

I expected in the 6-3 or 6-4 range when you throw out the term "Twin Towers" ... 6-3 or 6-4 isn't out of the ordinary in D4 even for SEO so yep I was thinking bigger than 6-1 ...

D4's in SEO with size (6-8 isn't usual for any division in SEO so NO I wasn't thinking 6-8) ... New Boston starts 6-6. 6-5 ... Fed Hock starts 6-5. 6-4, 6-3 ... South Webster will have a 6-8 freshman coming on the scene next year who is OUTSANDING right now and would make an impact at the varsity level right now he is THAT good ... Notre Dame 6-6. 6-4. 6-3, 6-2 ... Valley starts 6-4, 6-3, 6-2 with 6-8 on the bench ... Peebles 6-5, 6-4, 6-4, 6-3 ... so yeah I was thinking when you throughout twin towers something bigger than 6-1... you haven't even given any names or heights to go with your twin towers - who are they and what are we looking at in height?
6’1” - 6’2” is big for a team like Trimble. It’s not to often we have boys come through over 6’3”. When they can run you off the floor with endurance and athleticism, then your “twin towers” don’t need to be to staggering. Lol. I don’t know who he’s talking about either. Only ones I can think with decent height for our area is Blake Guffey and Bryce Downs and I think they are both around 6’1”ish.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:14 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:52 pm

6’1” - 6’2” is big for a team like Trimble. It’s not to often we have boys come through over 6’3”. When they can run you off the floor with endurance and athleticism, then your “twin towers” don’t need to be to staggering. Lol. I don’t know who he’s talking about either. Only ones I can think with decent height for our area is Blake Guffey and Bryce Downs and I think they are both around 6’1”ish.
You never have to convince me about the Trimble athletes being ATHLETES lol - I have told Howie a number of times how I admire the athletes at Trimble ... outsized, supposedly outmanned in every sport but you can't coach the attitude of those kids - they will stand toe to toe vs any team and more often than not they WILL win ... I love watching Trimble basketball - Howie gets the most out of every kid on his TEAM just as Coach Faires gets everything and more out of the kids that play football - and it's NOT a one year and done deal ... when it is year after year after year it says something about the coaches, the kids character ... I totally get it when it is said that 6-1 is BIG for a Trimble player ... IF Trimble did have a couple of 6-3 players with the athletic ability of a Blake Guffey or Tyler Weber or Bryce Downs along with their attitudes THAT would be special ...

96spartan
Freshman Team

Post by 96spartan »

I might be way off, but I’m guessing the “Twin Towers” reference for Trimble is for the girls side. With the transfer of Beha 6’ FH and the Six girl 6’-6’1”, unusual size for D4 girls in SEO

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Just a few years ago Trimble had 6'7 Grant Clark, 6'4 Micah Couch and 6'4 Bryce Guthrie
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvilPaladin
Waterboy

Post by EvilPaladin »

Maybe hes talking about the rack on the coach's new girlfriend......oof......

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:33 pm Just a few years ago Trimble had 6'5 Grant Clark, 6'4 Micah Couch and 6'4 Bryce Guthrie
Grant is 6'7". Yes I know Howie listed him at 6'3", but he was and is 6'7".

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

96spartan wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:47 pm I might be way off, but I’m guessing the “Twin Towers” reference for Trimble is for the girls side. With the transfer of Beha 6’ FH and the Six girl 6’-6’1”, unusual size for D4 girls in SEO
Transfer is the word. Not just on the girls side. More to come. :o

DUNK1
Freshman Team

Post by DUNK1 »

Let the dunking begin.

Return to “Boys Basketball”