Waverly @ Jackson 2/1

mlittle
SEOP

Re: Waverly @ Jackson 2/1

Post by mlittle »

Ukfanatic wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:04 am So if Waverly beats Oak Hill and Jackson how much does their seeding improve. Great record, wins over warren, alexander Wheelersburg oak hill and Jackson. Loss to Miami Trace is an issue but did take place with two starters out. Other losses to Oak Hill and Fairland.
IF you guys win both this weekend Nobody is gonna care about that MT loss. It was a really bad loss at the time but would be forgotten I would think with all the big wins.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:16 am
Ukfanatic wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:04 am So if Waverly beats Oak Hill and Jackson how much does their seeding improve. Great record, wins over warren, alexander Wheelersburg oak hill and Jackson. Loss to Miami Trace is an issue but did take place with two starters out. Other losses to Oak Hill and Fairland.
IF you guys win both this weekend Nobody is gonna care about that MT loss. It was a really bad loss at the time but would be forgotten I would think with all the big wins.
I’m not gonna get drawn into this one until after Friday night. If the Tigers lose at Oak Hill all the seeding talk is a mute point.
If the Tigers go to Oak Hill and take care of business I’ll have plenty to say about this one Friday night.

Seopnation
Freshman Team

Post by Seopnation »

smurray wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:51 am
I’m not gonna get drawn into this one until after Friday night. If the Tigers lose at Oak Hill all the seeding talk is a mute point.
If the Tigers go to Oak Hill and take care of business I’ll have plenty to say about this one Friday night.
I agree with I92 on this one. You act like what you say on here actually has a bearing in what Waverly will do in their games lol. Fans can and should talk about big games; league or non-league, whenever.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

smurray wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:51 am
Yep, BIG game Friday night at Oak Hill. I don't even want to think about Saturday.

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

mlittle wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:30 pm
WHS2000grad wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:22 pm Can't have a Jackson County sweep this weekend if we don't care of Oak Hill Friday night. That's our next game.
I agree. But with Trey scoring the ball the way he has I don’t think it matters who you guys play.
OH has already throttled Waverly once this year, at Waverly.
Smurray, was that one of the games that Robertson missed?

GoBrownies3
Waterboy

Post by GoBrownies3 »

mlittle wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:37 am
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:56 am
GoBrownies3 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:40 am Can’t wait for this matchup, watched Wallis and Robertson go at it in the summer and Robertson took it to him, but the summer is different. Without question the two best guards in the area, (the only two scholarship guards in the area, correct me if I’m wrong) should be fun to watch.
I believe the next summer league game they played was quite lopsided in Jackson’s favor.
Doesn’t matter to a lot of people who wins the game as long as their guard wins the matchup 🤷‍♂️
You’re right, I do not particularly care who wins 🤷‍♂️ Just a fan off good basketball and good match ups. As for Evans where does he hold an offer from? I know ZT has good relationship with Concord so that’d be my guess, outside of that he only visited d3’s leading up to this season.

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

GoBrownies3 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:49 am

I believe the next summer league game they played was quite lopsided in Jackson’s favor.
Doesn’t matter to a lot of people who wins the game as long as their guard wins the matchup 🤷‍♂️
You’re right, I do not particularly care who wins 🤷‍♂️ Just a fan off good basketball and good match ups. As for Evans where does he hold an offer from? I know ZT has good relationship with Concord so that’d be my guess, outside of that he only visited d3’s leading up to this season.
Not sure who Cam has offers from but I can tell you from experience that he can easily play NAIA and get scholarship money. I have experience with the recruiting structure/offers at each level and I can tell you “scholarship player” gets thrown around a lot but reality is most of if not all players at D2 level and down are only getting a fraction of their college from actual athletic scholarship money. The rest is grants and school loans. I know a lot of players who hold “offers” that only get 10-20 percent athletic scholarship money. People get too caught up with terms “offers”, “scholarship player”, etc... Bottom line is all three will get an oppurtinity to play at the next level like 100’s of other kids in central Ohio. None are division 1 kids so let them be and enjoy their high school career.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

6-4-3=2o wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:48 am
WHS2000grad wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:22 pm Can't have a Jackson County sweep this weekend if we don't care of Oak Hill Friday night. That's our next game.
I agree. But with Trey scoring the ball the way he has I don’t think it matters who you guys play.
He played, but was very limited and only played about half the game. He shouldn’t have even played honestly. There were a lot of other team issues going on at the time but everything has been sorted out as far as that goes.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Yes, Concord

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

svc_guy wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:21 pm

Not sure who Cam has offers from but I can tell you from experience that he can easily play NAIA and get scholarship money. I have experience with the recruiting structure/offers at each level and I can tell you “scholarship player” gets thrown around a lot but reality is most of if not all players at D2 level and down are only getting a fraction of their college from actual athletic scholarship money. The rest is grants and school loans. I know a lot of players who hold “offers” that only get 10-20 percent athletic scholarship money. People get too caught up with terms “offers”, “scholarship player”, etc... Bottom line is all three will get an oppurtinity to play at the next level like 100’s of other kids in central Ohio. None are division 1 kids so let them be and enjoy their high school career.
Agreed. To say only 2 guards in this area are good enough to get scholarships is silly. D2 can offer full ride but not everyone gets a full ride. There are kids that go to NAIA schools that get more of their school paid for than some D2

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Throttled? Hardly.......... Waverly kept it close and was an 8 point game after 3. Robertson had 5 points, 3 of those in the 4th, Waverly’s only points in the 4th. Robertson sat the entire 2nd period trying to “save” him. 19 of Waverly’s points came from Futhey and Brown who were still in football mode. 10 of Oak Hills 12 4th quarter points came at the FT line.
Robertson should not have played and coach even said so after the game. He was less then 50% and was very noticeable during the the game. Could not move, make cuts, bend, etc. to be remotely effective.
Another starter in Mark Stulley was still out with injury and another starter had quit.
Other than that Waverly was good to go that game and yes the final score looks bad.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Just heard Waverly has cancelled school Thursday-Monday due to flu/sickness, as has many schools.
This game may not take place this Saturday - not good for Waverly if they don’t get this game in before seeding. There best case for a good seed is to play this game and win.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Play the game !

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

smurray wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:09 pm

Throttled? Hardly.......... Waverly kept it close and was an 8 point game after 3. Robertson had 5 points, 3 of those in the 4th, Waverly’s only points in the 4th. Robertson sat the entire 2nd period trying to “save” him. 19 of Waverly’s points came from Futhey and Brown who were still in football mode. 10 of Oak Hills 12 4th quarter points came at the FT line.
Robertson should not have played and coach even said so after the game. He was less then 50% and was very noticeable during the the game. Could not move, make cuts, bend, etc. to be remotely effective.
Another starter in Mark Stulley was still out with injury and another starter had quit.
Other than that Waverly was good to go that game and yes the final score looks bad.
No excuses. I like that.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Play the game

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

46-29 is in the throttled vicinity. But I do expect Waverly to get them back in somewhat similar fashion.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:23 pm

No excuses. I like that.
Like Terry being out for Alexander, NO EXCUSES....

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Girls game at Waverly tomorrow is cancelled - largely due to it being at Waverly and disinfecting the buildings.
No idea about Friday and Saturday boys games.....

Nice mild winter and everyone is sick!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’ll assume Saturday is canceled/postponed

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

smurray wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:08 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:23 pm

No excuses. I like that.
Like Terry being out for Alexander, NO EXCUSES....
Other than that, no excuses. I get it. I made an assumption based on the final score (lack of points), and then a question for you. We can all find some fault every time our team loses. Each team has plenty of reasons they lose games. They're high school kids, things can change quickly. Tigers are playing well right now, very important time of the year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”