SHAC Standings Update

Ballboy09
Riding the Bench

Re: SHAC Standings Update

Post by Ballboy09 »

That's my point. I wouldn't want one if I were in those positions.
1st and 2nd overall as far as needs recognized. Combine the two divisions according to league record and take a look. Its been happening since they went to two divisions.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

With 2 divisions it allows you to play the 13 game schedule and you then schedule 9 out of league games. If you go back to one division you only get 9 games and have to schedule 13 non league games often causing more travel which is hard for some schools. The league will re shuffle the teams soon and some schools will go to different divisions. SOC has different divisions,TVC has different divisions. SHAC conference also play both divisions against each other to allow rivalries to exist.

bobcat2015
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat2015 »

Ballboy09 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:23 am Boys side this year.

10 total teams will produce 3 1st place trophies and 3 2nd place trophies. Can't they give participation trophies to the other 4?

They did away with the runner up trophy so there will be 3 this year but I agree with and see your point. There have been years where the small schools have been better and also years where the big school has been better. Fun fact on next year's projected enrollment Peebles has lowest boy enrollment at 82. I would've never thought that.

bobcat2015
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat2015 »

Hoopie74 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:24 pm With 2 divisions it allows you to play the 13 game schedule and you then schedule 9 out of league games. If you go back to one division you only get 9 games and have to schedule 13 non league games often causing more travel which is hard for some schools. The league will re shuffle the teams soon and some schools will go to different divisions. SOC has different divisions,TVC has different divisions. SHAC conference also play both divisions against each other to allow rivalries to exist.

Hoopie I see your point but even with only playing one league game I still think the natural rivals would still schedule each other a second time, those games would just be non league games

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

bobcat2015 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:02 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:24 pm With 2 divisions it allows you to play the 13 game schedule and you then schedule 9 out of league games. If you go back to one division you only get 9 games and have to schedule 13 non league games often causing more travel which is hard for some schools. The league will re shuffle the teams soon and some schools will go to different divisions. SOC has different divisions,TVC has different divisions. SHAC conference also play both divisions against each other to allow rivalries to exist.

Hoopie I see your point but even with only playing one league game I still think the natural rivals would still schedule each other a second time, those games would just be non league games
Doesn't really matter to me ,but; the format seems to be pretty good at getting teams from the league to the district and beyond. Heck this year we have 5 teams at the CONVO, The teams going toward Cincy have typically done pretty good. Last year we had two teams in the regionals. The key is to get as many kids opportunities to play the game and fans following them. We are doing just that.

bobcat2015
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat2015 »

The league has always prepared people for tournament runs...i think the point that is being made is that handing out multiple trophies is like a participation trophy mentality. We can all have our disagreements that's what makes the site great.

Ballboy09
Riding the Bench

Post by Ballboy09 »

Bobcat, that was my sincere point in mentioning it. Participation trophies have created a mess that disturbs me. I too think that the close proximity of some league schools would eat into the extra games to fill the schedule. It may take a year or two to move some of the extra games to OOC ones, but they eventually would get scheduled. Maybe just do a few one year contracts to get there. I didn't realize that the runnerups did not receive trophies. That's news to me. Thanks.

Ballboy09
Riding the Bench

Post by Ballboy09 »

Hoopie,

I see things competitively as adding OOC games can benefit teams. It has been back and forth in both divisions as which has been the tougher one from year to year, but I wasn't looking at a certain school. Just the SHAC having the opportunity to level things out in a true perspective.

Return to “Boys Basketball”