Chillicothe @ Walnut Ridge 3/1 7:00 Sectional Finals

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Re: Chillicothe @ Walnut Ridge 3/1 7:00 Sectional Finals

Post by LucasDavenport »

Correct. That’s why I posted it. I directly referenced him in my original post.

Coach Huffer has been very good to my son. He trusted him and wasn’t scared to utilize him. He allowed him to grow and improve. He’s one of the reasons Coach Scott is where he is.

I will always come to the defense of someone who has done that for one of my two.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
warrior1
Waterboy

Post by warrior1 »

I don’t know if anyone was trying to disrespect the Cavs coach after reading these messages. I think the bottom line is this... Huffer took the route of a tough first game to have a chance to win a couple more tournament games. It’s a gamble that could result in a first tournament game loss, but you can see his point on trying to go this route.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:05 am Lol Huffer didnt like the matchup but he chose it? :? :? :?

Want the cavs to lose because i stated Huffer liked the matchup? Maybe 'like' wasn't the best choice. 'best' matchup he saw?

btw....i got my info from an ex cavalier announcer of some 20+ years.
Stop blowing s*** out of proportion. Did Huffer choose this matchup or not? thank you. 'Like' ,'best', whaever you wanna call it. christ.
... who you got your information from is irrelevant- they were wrong in making that statement ... the fact that what you stated or what THEY told you was not what Coach Huffer said is relevant - it was not true ... no one wants to be told or read something that is 1) not true 2) something posted as if it is a "quote" and/or "statement" made by the coach when in fact it was not ... of THAT I DO have first hand knowledge ... and obviously it's not anything that makes for locker room material :roll: BUT there isn't anyone who wants to be misrepresented/misquoted especially a coach who has no recourse to correct the misinformation ...

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Listened to the first quarter before I had plans.
Sounded like Chilli was outmatched from the tip. They were getting to the rim at will and were very very athletic. Tough when you feel like you have these pretty solid athletes to go out and get completely kicked n the groin.

Go Cavs

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:44 am and lastly. Why is coach Huffer or any coach on here? This is the last place any coach should be on. focus on the X's and O's and let us popcorn junkies do what we do best.
you think Chris Holtmann gets home from practice and gets on a blog to read what fans think went wrong in Maryland? Come on fellas.
I seriously don’t know a single head coach not on here and most assistants everywhere are as well. They may not post much or any....but man I promise they are reading. Trust me.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:45 pm
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:44 am and lastly. Why is coach Huffer or any coach on here? This is the last place any coach should be on. focus on the X's and O's and let us popcorn junkies do what we do best.
you think Chris Holtmann gets home from practice and gets on a blog to read what fans think went wrong in Maryland? Come on fellas.
I seriously don’t know a single head coach not on here and most assistants everywhere are as well. They may not post much or any....but man I promise they are reading. Trust me.
I agree! I won't say names, but I know assistant coaches and head coaches who have been on here for years. They are usually very careful when posting, but you can bet they read about everything on here.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Cavaliers, you still had a great year. I really hope that next year will be as good if not better.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:45 pm

They shouldn’t be...

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Final: Walnut Ridge 66 - Chillicothe 37

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
E High
All State

Post by E High »

If there’s 5 divisions Chilly has a chance one division down. No chance in D-1.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Hindsight is 20/20.....

Chilli cant compete at D1 level. Never have been able too.
We got extremely lucky with an amazing coach in 2007-2013 coach K. we also got very lucky and dropped to D2. perfect storm.

Return to “Boys Basketball”