[=== SCORES ===] -- Friday Feb-22

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: [=== SCORES ===] -- Friday Feb-22

Post by Dundas »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:10 pm Anyone have a final on Warren v Vinton County?

47-39 Warren?
Warren holds on 61-55

Super proud of VC tonight. Way to go down swinging.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

TripleDouble wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:54 pm According to scorestream. Valley upset Eastern brown 45-42
That's what OHSAA's Bracket shows too, congratulations Indians.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Dundas wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:12 pm
Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:10 pm Anyone have a final on Warren v Vinton County?

47-39 Warren?
Warren holds on 61-55

Super proud of VC tonight. Way to go down swinging.
And people like VCGRAD saying TVC-Ohio is down. Really? Athens wins against a very good LE team and heading to the Convo. Meigs loses by 7 to #2 in the state and 22-0 Wheelersburg and VC only loses by 6 to Warren. His thinking was blown totally out of the water tonight. Alex is still in it also. I think they have a good shot at upsetting Fairland.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Congrats to Valley tonight. This game was the perfect example of why I hate byes. Eastern Brown had no legs and couldn't hit the ocean first half. They had 4 points first quarter and 9 points total at the half. Halftime score: 20-9 valley. Valleys guards played great .one and done for Eastern. Valley moves on.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Valley on your big victory over Eastern Brown.

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

Good games tonight at Waverly.

Adena survived in a good game with Portsmouth. The injury bug has hit Adena hard, but they survived. Portsmouth plays a lot of young kids and have a bright future.

Impressed with Valley in the 2nd game. Only played 6 kids, but those kids seemed to understand their roles. They played good D and except for some rushed shots played well. Eastern had a great 2nd half and a lot of energy in the 2nd half. If Valley makes foul shots no doubt in 2nd half.

Both games were very entertaining

bobcat2015
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat2015 »

Hoopie74 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:28 pm Congrats to Valley tonight. This game was the perfect example of why I hate byes. Eastern Brown had no legs and couldn't hit the ocean first half. They had 4 points first quarter and 9 points total at the half. Halftime score: 20-9 valley. Valleys guards played great .one and done for Eastern. Valley moves on.

Hoopie I agree I hate byes as well but can you clarify what you mean by no legs? I would think the extra days rest would've benefitted eastern. Nonetheless sounded like they weren't hitting all night. That's what makes the one and done special. You don't have to be the best team all year, just that night. Good luck to the Indians next week.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Congratulations to Valley. 10 seed over a 2 seed is the biggest upset so far this tournament season.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

bobcat2015 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:44 am
Hoopie74 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:28 pm Congrats to Valley tonight. This game was the perfect example of why I hate byes. Eastern Brown had no legs and couldn't hit the ocean first half. They had 4 points first quarter and 9 points total at the half. Halftime score: 20-9 valley. Valleys guards played great .one and done for Eastern. Valley moves on.

Hoopie I agree I hate byes as well but can you clarify what you mean by no legs? I would think the extra days rest would've benefitted eastern. Nonetheless sounded like they weren't hitting all night. That's what makes the one and done special. You don't have to be the best team all year, just that night. Good luck to the Indians next week.
To me there is a difference in playing legs and in shape legs. They in my opinion didn't have their normal hops and lateral movement to start the first half. Shots coming up shot often. Great game for Valley.

bobcat2015
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat2015 »

Hoopie74 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:11 pm

To me there is a difference in playing legs and in shape legs. They in my opinion didn't have their normal hops and lateral movement to start the first half. Shots coming up shot often. Great game for Valley.
Hoopie ok I get what you're saying lol! If we were having this conversation in person I would get what you meant. You have to hate the long lay off for your Indians then. D4 always has to wait what seems like an eternity to play that first tournament game.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

bobcat2015 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:05 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:11 pm

Hoopie ok I get what you're saying lol! If we were having this conversation in person I would get what you meant. You have to hate the long lay off for your Indians then. D4 always has to wait what seems like an eternity to play that first tournament game.
Yeah, it's a long layoff for my Indians and the clay panthers. Could be a rusty first quarter.

Return to “Boys Basketball”