Jackson @ Athens

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: Jackson @ Athens

Post by Poo Bear »

Great win for Jackson . Back to back road wins over a couple TVC teams including the TVC champs . So Jackson beat The following the tvc teams meigs , Wellston , VC , Alexander and Athens. Not bad for an average FAC team.

Fac !

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

HamPorter wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:14 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:07 pm I Like our chances moving forward. we have adjusted well seems like the loss at Hillsboro really lit a fire. Take the lead don’t give it up and finish! I think we might just have a good coach too. He’s got better at making adjustments and has them finishing as of late. Proud of all the youngsters too. It’s a great time to be a Jackson Ironman! Sky’s the limit! playing with house money now!
Playing with house money after a good result season? I’d think that Jackson would want more than just a successful regular season at this point.
Hamm, these boys have no pressure to do good. We are playing with house money in the tourney bud we are not in the top 8 anymore the fac is weak according to the experts. Gallia is loaded with seniors they better not play tight cause we just might get loose and run wild!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:19 pm Great win for Jackson . Back to back road wins over a couple TVC teams including the TVC champs . So Jackson beat The following the tvc teams meigs , Wellston , VC , Alexander and Athens. Not bad for an average FAC team.

Fac !
The FAC is pretty good. Pretty tough basketball conference. Cooper looks like he can carry Jackson in the tournament

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:30 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:19 pm Great win for Jackson . Back to back road wins over a couple TVC teams including the TVC champs . So Jackson beat The following the tvc teams meigs , Wellston , VC , Alexander and Athens. Not bad for an average FAC team.

Fac !
The FAC is pretty good. Pretty tough basketball conference. Cooper looks like he can carry Jackson in the tournament
Jackson hasn’t had near the success of other local teams. A convo trip would be huge for Jackson. Athens is a good club. Tired legs after playing Logan last night. This game would be 5-5 if played 10 times

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Any Convo trip is big. Jackson has pretty good athletes also in the younger grades

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Cooper now at 1100 points. Seems like once he hit that 1,000 milestone, weight has been lifted and he’s been even better. His last 4 games he’s at 24 ppg.

Hump has stepped up so much. Hardly ever played the first 14 or so games, gets a few more min some after that...but last 4 games he’s been very good and with minimal scoring. Offensive guys don’t want too much to do with him.

Jackson now 15-7 in a season with only 8 home games and not a cupcake schedule. JV 18-2, Freshman 10-4, 7th grade 17-1

One thing missing.....they’ll go after that on the 23rd

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

No question the FAC is stronger in football and basketball than the TVC.

Now we can see how they do in the tourney.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Fac !
Congrats on the TVC championship. Lol

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Dundas wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:40 pm

Fac !
Congrats on the TVC championship. Lol

😆

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Jackson on a tough win over a good Athens team. I'm sure the Bulldogs missed Williams, but likewise Davis has been a key player for the Ironmen throughout the year. Now it's win or go home for both teams from here on out.

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:09 pm Congrats Jackson on a tough win over a good Athens team. I'm sure the Bulldogs missed Williams, but likewise Davis has been a key player for the Ironmen throughout the year. Now it's win or go home for both teams from here on out.
When you don’t have your point Guard it makes a big difference. Williams is a difference maker so beating Athens without Williams and having fresher legs makes a big difference. I’m not saying Jackson wouldn’t of still beat them but it would have been a lot tougher game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

SEOAL74 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:55 am
VetteMan wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:09 pm Congrats Jackson on a tough win over a good Athens team. I'm sure the Bulldogs missed Williams, but likewise Davis has been a key player for the Ironmen throughout the year. Now it's win or go home for both teams from here on out.
When you don’t have your point Guard it makes a big difference. Williams is a difference maker so beating Athens without Williams and having fresher legs makes a big difference. I’m not saying Jackson wouldn’t of still beat them but it would have been a lot tougher game.
Would you rather have the night before off or play at home?

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:11 pm
I sure the Bulldogs after getting hammer at Logan and getting Williams hurt would rather had The night off.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:11 pm
The night off

allamericanironman
All Conference

Jackson
7-1 at home 8 games
0-1 beast of SE fairyland
8-5 away burg McClain chilly boro Waverly
11-3 vs. D2

Math guys what are those percentages?
I don’t think we could ask for a better season!

I’d rather be at home!
Last edited by allamericanironman on Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Seems like a good topic.

I wanna be at home. Outside of an injury which can happen at any given time...I didn’t see examples of tired legs affecting Athens. Sure didn’t bother Butcher.

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:12 pm Seems like a good topic.

I wanna be at home. Outside of an injury which can happen at any given time...I didn’t see examples of tired legs affecting Athens. Sure didn’t bother Butcher.
Anybody would rather play at home than on the road, but their is a slight advantage for a team if their not playing the night before and the other team playing back to back. The big difference was Williams not playing he’s a hand full very quick. Jackson still could have won but would have been a little thougher.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Doesn’t make sense I get blasted for “resting players” comment. The games only half hr long stuff. Playing at home is a huge advantage in basketball.

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

I also believe by Gallia Academy playing RV on Tusesday is advantage to Gallia Academy if they should win then playing Jackson because of playing on that court at Southeastern and not having a week in between games. Gallia has played Tuesday all year and then on Friday so I believe that’s a slight advantage to them not saying they will win, but a slight advantage.7

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson won at Athens , it’s over , on to what matters

Return to “Boys Basketball”