Transfer Rules Question

hoot
Varsity

Transfer Rules Question

Post by hoot »

Certainly not trying to stir the pot or upset anyone but does anyone know how the transfer rules work via in-year transfer. I see where a young man who played football for one Scioto County team is playing Basketball for a different County team. No need to name the young man, just didn't understand the rules. Under some circumstances I thought they had to sit out half or all of the year.

winningaintcheap
Riding the Bench

Re: Transfer Rules Question

Post by winningaintcheap »

hoot wrote:Certainly not trying to stir the pot or upset anyone but does anyone know how the transfer rules work via in-year transfer. I see where a young man who played football for one Scioto County team is playing Basketball for a different County team. No need to name the young man, just didn't understand the rules. Under some circumstances I thought they had to sit out half or all of the year.
As of this academic year a student can open enroll to a new school with the penalty of sitting not 50% of the schedule of any sport they played at the previous school.

The new exception is that a student may RETURN to their home district with NO address change and face no penalty. This can be done once.

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Thanks

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

If there's one thing I've learned about the transfer rules over the year, it's this:

They're extremely inconsistent.

I've seen kids move into a school and be immediately eligible while changing residence, and I've seen them be ineligible while changing residence.

I've seen kids move out of state, come back to original Ohio residence, and still be ineligible.

The whole thing says it has "rules" and "bylaws," but there's so many loopholes they haven't been able to establish consistency.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

I think kids should be able to play for whomever they choose(who does it hurt), same as when you choose a college , you want the best situation for your child...you only get to enjoy high school once, why not have fun? there's so much more to worry about besides where someone else's kids plays ball

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

You can play for who you choose, but you can't bounce around from school to school while doing so. Pick a school and stick with it!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Maybe he attended school all along where he is playing basketball and that school doesn't have football. If a school doesn't offer a sport I thought there were ways of doing that.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

What would the reasoning for a boys attend a school in 14/15 and not beable to play football in 15/16?

Not sure when the boy moved in but he did attend school during spring sports in 2015

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

HOW MANY TIMES HAS THIS KID TRANSFERRED?

Return to “Boys Basketball”