Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #9

Tartanblue
SEO

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #9

Post by Tartanblue »

I must have missed it, who did Notre Dame beat?

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Somebody check Floyds Kool AID, Lol Chillicothe or Logan would beat Wheelersburg . Take it to the BANK. ( But we will never see it happening) Sheridan hanging there might be a top 3 team . Splitting hairs on top 3.

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

Great Work as always Pfloyd

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

ZT not to bad either
Last edited by Truth&fiction on Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Tartanblue wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:38 pm I must have missed it, who did Notre Dame beat?
Norte Dame best Clay 59-56 ...

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Truth&fiction wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:50 pm Somebody check Floyds Kool AID, Lol Chillicothe or Logan would beat Wheelersburg . Take it to the BANK. ( But we will never see it happening) Sheridan hanging there might be a top 3 team . Splitting hairs on top 3.
Can’t see it with Sheridan. Sorry, but losing by 8 to Fairfield Union this year is tough for me to get over. I’d take Zane Trace over them right now as well.

I say can’t see it, but I’d still probably have them 5th or 6th, so like that’s a bad thing lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Truth&fiction wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:52 pm Somebody check Floyds Kool AID, Lol Chillicothe or Logan would beat Wheelersburg . Take it to the BANK. ( But we will never see it happening) Sheridan hanging there might be a top 3 team . Splitting hairs on top 3.
T&F can’t argue with that - I believe both Chillicothe and Logan beat Wheelersburg BUT Chillicothe beat the Purple... Chilli is a SEOhio team ... Logan playing all but 8 games outside the SE district has to win the games they do play vs teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... the Chiefs have Vinton Co this Saturday, Sheridan, Athens & Warren next week that they must hold serve against ...

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:00 pm
Truth&fiction wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:52 pm Somebody check Floyds Kool AID, Lol Chillicothe or Logan would beat Wheelersburg . Take it to the BANK. ( But we will never see it happening) Sheridan hanging there might be a top 3 team . Splitting hairs on top 3.
T&F can’t argue with that - I believe both Chillicothe and Logan beat Wheelersburg BUT Chillicothe beat the Purple... Chilli is a SEOhio team ... Logan playing all but 8 games outside the SE district has to win the games they do play vs teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... the Chiefs have Vinton Co this Saturday, Sheridan, Athens & Warren next week that they must hold serve against ...
if they play like they are capable of playing they will hold serve . The Chillicothe game I thought they did not play as good as they had been . Thanks for all your hard work , Check that KA.

River Road Rascal
Waterboy

Post by River Road Rascal »

Piketon at 29? behind WU who we beat on the road at WU? Redstreaks now 7-1 since January 1st. Sitting alone at #3 in SVC (behind ZT and Adena). Now have senior Thacker and Junior Mathews back with a more experienced group. Blanton putting up nearly 20/game now. Young guns coming along. Only 3 games left to go....this team started year with 5 games in 8 days...imo they are getting slighted. Dangerous team!

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

River Road Rascal wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:27 pm Piketon at 29? behind WU who we beat on the road at WU? Redstreaks now 7-1 since January 1st. Sitting alone at #3 in SVC (behind ZT and Adena). Now have senior Thacker and Junior Mathews back with a more experienced group. Blanton putting up nearly 20/game now. Young guns coming along. Only 3 games left to go....this team started year with 5 games in 8 days...imo they are getting slighted. Dangerous team!
Maybe. But, those 7 wins are over, 33, 45, 54, 55, 56, 62, and 64. So I’m not sure they are proving anything other than they can beat some bad teams. Those teams are a combined 40-83.

The 3 point win against 3-14 Manchester last night probably didn’t give them a whole lot of points. I would have them over West Union since they won head to head, but outside of ZT/Adena, the SVC is not good.

Piketon will be a tough out because of Blanton though

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Piketon, will be a tough out, they are playing thier best basketball at the right time, the tourney is a game of momentum,

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Truth&fiction wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:50 pm Somebody check Floyds Kool AID, Lol Chillicothe or Logan would beat Wheelersburg . Take it to the BANK. ( But we will never see it happening) Sheridan hanging there might be a top 3 team . Splitting hairs on top 3.
I think the line would be Logan/Chillicothe -10. But they are undefeated so give credit where credit is due. but D1 vs D3.... i mean what would you expect?

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

the burg after the huge win slides into #1! I'm shocked

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Thanks for doing this Pfloyd!

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

When Ethan Heller is at the top of his game, Sheridan is very, very good and can beat anyone in the region. When he's not, they are a slightly above-average team.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

River Road Rascal wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:27 pm Piketon at 29? behind WU who we beat on the road at WU? Redstreaks now 7-1 since January 1st. Sitting alone at #3 in SVC (behind ZT and Adena). Now have senior Thacker and Junior Mathews back with a more experienced group. Blanton putting up nearly 20/game now. Young guns coming along. Only 3 games left to go....this team started year with 5 games in 8 days...imo they are getting slighted. Dangerous team!
... I hope Coach Legg has the Red Streaks going in the right direction - you have to beat the teams you SHOULD beat - and they are doing that now ... Piketon is at #29 and West Union is at #28 ? Piketon has to show they can beat teams with winning records - if I read everything correctly , PHS has NOT beaten a team with a winning record (West Union, Unioto are both at .500- these are the BEST "W's" on the PHS resume` ) ... West Union has beaten Eastern Brown twice, North Adams once both very good teams with excellent records above .500 ... I haven't "not" noticed what PHS is doing - they keep winning they will move up as W's DO matter ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:11 pm Logan takes on #5 Sheridan, #7 Warren, #9 Athens and #31 Vinton County in the last 2 weeks ... Chillicothe taking on #8's Warren & Jackson and #31 Vinton County ... Wheelersburg plays #26 South Webster, #44 Valley, #50 West and Greenup KY ... going to be interesting in the final 2 ranking weeks ...
... I was wrong on Chillicothe playing Vinton County Tuesday, 2/5 ... Coach Huffer has Alexander coming to the Hat to take on the Cavaliers from Chillicothe ... I take my hat off to Alexander for taking this game , especially before the seeding this weekend ... it will definitely give AHS a good barometer read as to where they stand vs one of the best in SEOhio ... Warren, Oak Hill, Athens, Chillicothe in the last 5 games - THAT is a great menu for prepping vs a wide range of "specialized" skills per different opponents... 3 of 4 games on the road - Warren : , man2man defense, disciplined, motion, physical ... Oak Hill: disciplined/fundamental/control the tempo ... Athens: physical, strong, long at each position, tough 3-2 zone , attack the paint & rim offense ... Chillicothe: tight man2man, good perimeter shooter to account for /excellent 6-6 swing man who attacks the paint, difficult to guard / 6-7ish strong, big man who will give Terry a BIG to work against at both ends down low while being able to shoot the trey as well/outstanding role players who will be good matchups for AHS role players ... well played Alexander - you earned even more respect from me on this one ...

bobcat2015
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat2015 »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:45 pm
... I hope Coach Legg has the Red Streaks going in the right direction - you have to beat the teams you SHOULD beat - and they are doing that now ... Piketon is at #29 and West Union is at #28 ? Piketon has to show they can beat teams with winning records - if I read everything correctly , PHS has NOT beaten a team with a winning record (West Union, Unioto are both at .500- these are the BEST "W's" on the PHS resume` ) ... West Union has beaten Eastern Brown twice, North Adams once both very good teams with excellent records above .500 ... I haven't "not" noticed what PHS is doing - they keep winning they will move up as W's DO matter ...

Good run down PFloyd! West Union split with Easern Brown though. Eastern won most recent matchup with them and north Adams, lost the first two. Eastern plays a tough Ripley team Tuesday that they took to the wire a few weeks ago. Should be a dandy!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bobcat2015 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 pm
pfloyd wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:45 pm

Good run down PFloyd! West Union split with Easern Brown though. Eastern won most recent matchup with them and north Adams, lost the first two. Eastern plays a tough Ripley team Tuesday that they took to the wire a few weeks ago. Should be a dandy!
...bobcat2015 , thanks for keeping me straight !!! ...

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Southeast District teams earning state recognition this week in AP poll ...

Logan #11 in D1

Sheridan#8 in D2

Wheelersburg #2 in D3

Eastern Pike #10 D3

Trimble #10 in D4

Return to “Boys Basketball”