Logan Sectonal

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Re: Logan Sectonal

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

mattash wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:59 am When do they vote?
Girl's seeding comes out today. Boys next Sunday.

Post by VisionQuest »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:05 pm
Are you sure the boys isn’t the 8th as far as when they actually VOTE? If you are correct and they vote on Sunday then Meigs and Lancaster may figure into the seeding for Athens. Meigs @ Athens Feb 8 and Athens @ Lancaster on Feb 9 A makeup game.
Last edited by VisionQuest on Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Seeding has always been based on number of wins. Plus it matches up leagues. I wouldn’t be surprised if Athens gets #2 if Warren drops one against Meadowbrook

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:13 pm Seeding has always been based on number of wins. Plus it matches up leagues
So you think Athens gets the 3 over FU? If so why?

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:13 pm Seeding has always been based on number of wins. Plus it matches up leagues. I wouldn’t be surprised if Athens gets #2 if Warren drops one against Meadowbrook
Warren has Parkersburg Catholic also, I think that one was canceled Friday. Anyone heard a makeup date?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:13 pm
Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:05 pm
Are you sure the boys isn’t the 8th as far as when they actually VOTE? If you are correct and they vote on Sunday then Meigs and Lancaster may figure into the seeding for Athens. Meigs @ Athens Feb 8 and Athens @ Lancaster on Feb 9 A makeup game.
Votes have to be in Friday night
they add em up, and release bracket on Sunday

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Treyman3 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:24 am I think there are some coaches that will vote more on record than anything else, I can see Athens getting a higher seed than most in here expect.
Depends on how the northern schools vote: (LE, Cville, FU, WF, Sheridan and NL). The balance of schools in this sectional changed when Circleville and Westfall were added.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Excellent point bman

Athens has very few friends in this sectional

They could end up the 6 seed. Lol

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Could be an interesting scenario if LE and Athens are the 4 and 5. LE dropped Athens this year for some reason.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:23 pm Excellent point bman

Athens should be no worse than the four. I see Fairfield Union as a 2-3 if they can beat Amanda on Tuesday. Pretty good SOS and they have some solid wins. Now if Fairfield loses that one, they probably drop to the 3-4 line. Also Vinton and LE are pretty close record wise. That 2-6 should be pretty interesting this week.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

bman wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:54 pm

Athens should be no worse than the four. I see Fairfield Union as a 2-3 if they can beat Amanda on Tuesday. Pretty good SOS and they have some solid wins. Now if Fairfield loses that one, they probably drop to the 3-4 line. Also Vinton and LE are pretty close record wise. That 2-6 should be pretty interesting this week.
Who have they lost too though? Fairfield Union that is. And where is the game on Tuesday between Amanda and FU?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:11 pm
bman wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:54 pm

Who have they lost too though? Fairfield Union that is. And where is the game on Tuesday between Amanda and FU?
At Amanda. Amanda had the better of the play for three quarters over at Fairfield, but Fairfield had one big quarter that sunk Amanda. Amanda is playing better basketball right now, so I'd give them the nod going into the game. But the MSL is wild this year and you never know one night to the next.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Fairfield Union is 3-1 against top six teams in the sectional - wins over Sheridan, VC and a split with Logan Elm. Also have a good win over Columbus Academy.

Worst loss is probably against Unioto.

https://www.dispatch.com/section/search ... FirstName=

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

bman wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:21 pm Fairfield Union is 3-1 against top six teams in the sectional - wins over Sheridan, VC and a split with Logan Elm. Also have a good win over Columbus Academy.

Thank you. If they lose to Amanda do you think that drops them below Athens? Possibly a 4? And Athens gets the 3? Warren is @ Meadowbrook on Tuesday so how does that factor into everything if Warren drops that one? In your opinion.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

bman wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:21 pm Fairfield Union is 3-1 against top six teams in the sectional - wins over Sheridan, VC and a split with Logan Elm. Also have a good win over Columbus Academy.

Teays Valley is a Thursday? That is odd. I say if they get 2 wins this week they should be a 2. They lose both I would say 4. If they can split maybe 3?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

From my experience this is probably a guarantee

1. Sheridan
2. Warren
3. Athens
4. Fairfield Union
5. Logan elm
6. Vinton County

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

I would say Fairfield and LE are going to do whatever possible to not play each other for a third time. I would say both of them would rather play Warren or Athens on a neutral floor for the first time and that is in no way shaming Warren or athens. Both of these teams just know each other so well and are so well coached it is basically just rolling the dice.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:36 pm

Teays Valley is a Thursday? That is odd. I say if they get 2 wins this week they should be a 2. They lose both I would say 4. If they can split maybe 3?
Agree. The TV game is a make-up.

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

I would say Bloom Carroll at this point is a bad loss, what is their record now? 5-12? That being said, FU does play a tough schedule, I just don't think a lot of coaches look as much at SOS as what people think. You got different schools in different leagues of smaller or bigger schools, also playing completely different non league schedules, it's hard to sort all that stuff out. Most coaches are going to vote along the lines of overall record first.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Treyman3 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:57 am I would say Bloom Carroll at this point is a bad loss, what is their record now? 5-12? That being said, FU does play a tough schedule, I just don't think a lot of coaches look as much at SOS as what people think. You got different schools in different leagues of smaller or bigger schools, also playing completely different non league schedules, it's hard to sort all that stuff out. Most coaches are going to vote along the lines of overall record first.
Bloom-Carroll is missing its top player that averages 21.1 points per game to injury. It was also the first week of the season when they were replacing three starters.

We'll see what happens with Fairfield this week with its two games. Win twice and they have a compelling case for the 2. Split or lose twice, then probably the 3 or 4.

Return to “Boys Basketball”