Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #8

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #8

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Pinky wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:44 pm
Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:14 pm
Pinky wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:38 pm Lol.

Poor Burg always no credit ,their schedule may not be as strong as ol mighty Logan but why only single out the two worse teams on their schedule ?

Bottom line Burg still only undefeated team ,I remember when you ALL said no matter who you play ,to go undefeated is a tough thing to do .

No Matt ,no shake up.
Frame of reference. Here is strength of schedule according to MaxPreps for the elite 8

1. Logan +8.5
2. Wheelersburg +1.3
3. Chillicothe +7.0
4. Zane Trace -0.2
5. Sheridan -1.0
6. Eastern Pike -1.9
7. Warren +4.3
8. Fairland +7.2
Jackson +3.2

Resume discussion.....

If we going by this shouldn't Chillicothe be 2. ?
I think the point is that when ranking teams you have to take record as well as strength of schedule (opponents) into consideration.

Post by pfloyd »

Strength of schedule has ALWAYS come into play with the Elite 8 rankings ALWAYS - I've been doing my rankings for 18 years on jjhuddle & SEOPs - records count, strength of schedule counts, injured players count, when the game was played (ie at the backend of a 3/4 game week ... back to back games) ... WHO you play counts ... having seen the teams counts ... it ALL counts ... Logan's loss AT Chillicothe counts and YES when Wheelersburg's schedule has only 5 teams with above .500 records gets compared with a Chilli , a Logan , a Sheridan it COUNTS ... I WOULD LOVE TO SEE LOGAN PLAY WHEELERSBURG -"ain't " going to happen as the powers than be, even though both teams have games they need to find, aren't going to make THAT happen just because it would be a "fun" game LOL ... belittle the how it's done as much you like - I try to be fair, I try to take into account as much information as I can ... what I don't do is go strictly by the records THAT would be the MOST fallible manner to rank the 72 teams - it would be the EASIEST by far - I could sit at home wait for the game results to come in - no thinking, no KNOWLEDGE required - saves on gas, probably more heart healthy to not eat that 2 dog + a water & twizzler diet per game BUT THAT'S not me ! I hate to be wrong, I play to win at cards & golf, I grew up in competitive sports which carries over into me never being satisfied - always looking to improve ... it allowed me to look death(cancer) in the eye and say "game on" ... it's why on a school night I would drive an hour and 45 minutes both ways to South Webster to see Wheelerburg for myself - see how they compare to a Logan, a Chillicothe, a Sheridan right down through the 72 teams in SEO - ALL to GET IT RIGHT ... have your opinion - I welcome that - but back it up with facts, numbers, YOUR OWN eye's on tests of the teams you are saying YOUR team is better than ... opinions are ALWAYS welcome ... I will answer all questioning as I see that it IS a relevant question - and there ARE excellent questions that have been posed ! some have opened MY eyes to SEE things differently - I'm good with that ! when you get to THIS point in the season trying to recall who beat who, when etc. it gets jumbled together - right around 1080 game results to date to compare/track right now ... as ALWAYS - I'm good with the rankings ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

ms-25DRii.gif
ms-25DRii.gif (47.04 KiB) Viewed 2605 times

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LOL ... THAT is the pic of SEO Sports ! LOL ... love it mattash ...

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:39 pm LOL ... THAT is the pic of SEO Sports ! LOL ... love it mattash ...
He needs a seops shirt....very cool though!!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

mattash wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:32 pmms-25DRii.gif
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

oh the days of the purple hippo!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mattash wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:32 pmms-25DRii.gif

I stopped using the dancing purple hippo when folks said that they were having trouble loading seops on their phones when I posted - it tooktoo long to load apparently ... so I went with the purple hippo lineup photo instead ... the dancing purple hippo IS the best tho LOL

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Mother Nature going to throw down a little snow in the area tonight/early morning ... some big games being played tomorrow night !

John Glenn @ Sheridan
Wheelersburg @ Waverly
Athens @ Alexander
McClain vs Washington CH
Parkersburg Catholic vs Warren
Logan vs Massillon Washington
New Boston vs Green
Chesapeake vs Ironton
Ripley vs North Adams

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Pfloyd, just a few short words.
Having grown up in Portsmouth and
now living in Arizona for the past 40+ years,
I for one say " Thank You!"
I do look forward to your rankings. I can only imagine
the love you have for SEO basketball. Also a huge
Thank You to Mrs. Pfloyd for sharing you with all of for so
many years. I agree with your statement, back it up with facts!
Keep up the great job, and again thank you from an old Trojan.
God Bless
wipalawalt.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

wipala wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:57 pm Pfloyd, just a few short words.
Having grown up in Portsmouth and
now living in Arizona for the past 40+ years,
I for one say " Thank You!"
I do look forward to your rankings. I can only imagine
the love you have for SEO basketball. Also a huge
Thank You to Mrs. Pfloyd for sharing you with all of for so
many years. I agree with your statement, back it up with facts!
Keep up the great job, and again thank you from an old Trojan.
God Bless
wipalawalt.
... wipala ! thank you ... looks like Mother Nature is getting the "W" for tonight's games - lots of cancellations due to the 5 inches of the white stuff that was dumped on the area ! most of us have had 3 straight days of "no school" caused by sub-zero temps and now the white death ... AND Sunday we are to be in the 50's !!! I'll take some of those AR temps please LOL ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the pfloyd tour was heading to Sheridan for tonight's (now cancelled) game with John Glenn ... ahhhhhhh I see that it will not be made up until AFTER THE SECTIONAL SEEDING - well played , well played ... now we can write Sheridan as the #1 seed in pen in the Logan D2 Sectional ...

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

Perhaps Sheridan should have thrown the Biggest game of the year in the MVL on a back to back night after Tri Valley? Or maybe John Glenn should play a double header tomorrow?

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Treyman3 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:35 pm Perhaps Sheridan should have thrown the Biggest game of the year in the MVL on a back to back night after Tri Valley? Or maybe John Glenn should play a double header tomorrow?
Well they did do the same last year with Fairfield Union. And how soft are we to where we can’t play back to back nights in league play? :roll:

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

I believe they beat FU in that make up game so who did it hurt exactly? And why would you play a league championship game on back to back nights when it can be played in the open week leading into sectional? Oh wait, to satisfy the SEOH forum? Yeah, that makes sense, so soft....

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Treyman3 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:28 pm I believe they beat FU in that make up game so who did it hurt exactly? And why would you play a league championship game on back to back nights when it can be played in the open week leading into sectional? Oh wait, to satisfy the SEOH forum? Yeah, that makes sense, so soft....
Nah, it is soft. I don’t even care since I don’t follow any D2 teams, but the fact that you’re going to try and justify it no matter what will be fun.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Treyman3 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:28 pm I believe they beat FU in that make up game so who did it hurt exactly? And why would you play a league championship game on back to back nights when it can be played in the open week leading into sectional? Oh wait, to satisfy the SEOH forum? Yeah, that makes sense, so soft....
And it appears to have hurt Sheridan to wait. If they could’ve played and lost that game, hello 2 seed and not getting embarrassed by Waverly in the District Semis.

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

That is some fantastic logic. You truly are a scholar.

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

SEVERAL other teams have scheduled their make up games AFTER sectionals???? well played everyone, bunch of soft teams. How dare they schedule make ups for dates that make sense for them and their opponenets.

Return to “Boys Basketball”