LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Re: Jackson @ Washington CH

Post by LucasDavenport »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:25 pm
LucasDavenport wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:07 pm Our big games at home

Adena has 2 team fouls with 2:00 to go
McClain had 4 team fouls around 1:00 when they had to start fouling
Chillicothe had 5 when they started fouling late.
Waverly had 4 ...

None of these teams zoned us.

I think you’re safe.
I’m calling that reverse jinx
Possibly.... or I was trying to imply that all had something else in common.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:36 pm We are actually home for our next game. Hoping he can do it at home. Only 4 players in JHS history have reached 1,000...but we have had 6 transfers leave and do it lol
Oak Hill,
Josh Davis
Landon Carroll
Who were the other 4 ?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

LucasDavenport wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:25 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:20 pm Try to get them to not start before 7:15 lol I’d love to see this game, especially since we are off tomorrow.

Good luck to both teams!
To be perfectly honest I have noticed that our varsity games have always seemed to start around 7:25—7:30

If you don’t mind stop by the table and say hello.
Practice ends at 6:30, so if I have time I will. If not, I’ll talk to you in a couple of weeks at Unioto 👍🏼

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:31 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:36 pm We are actually home for our next game. Hoping he can do it at home. Only 4 players in JHS history have reached 1,000...but we have had 6 transfers leave and do it lol
Oak Hill,
Josh Davis
Landon Carroll
Who were the other 4 ?
I think I can name 1

Logan Swackhammer at Unioto.

Kyle Ondera — Oak Hill. ????

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

LucasDavenport wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:43 pm
Oak Hill,
Josh Davis
Landon Carroll
Who were the other 4 ?
I think I can name 1

Jon McDonald wellston

i83
Freshman Team

Post by i83 »

Brad Walk played jh at Jackson went to oh and burg well over 1000.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Goodness how did I not think of The Late Great Brad Walke. Went to school with him.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Oak Hill,
Josh Davis
Landon Carroll
Who were the other 4 ?
I think I can name 1

I just posted Kyle Ondera a couple nights ago, how could I forget one of the best ? You are right about Logan Swackhammer also. I wondered about Jon McDonald who went to Wellston. Didn't Brad go to OH for mayby 1 year before going on to the Burg ?

allamericanironman
All Conference

Jackson basketball had really stunk for a long time. We lost plenty of quality players. When derrow had the machine at Wells ton we lost several. Oak hill here recently have had the advantage of those jumping ship.

allamericanironman
All Conference

VetteMan wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:05 am

Oak Hill,
Josh Davis
Landon Carroll
Who were the other 4 ?
I think I can name 1

I just posted Kyle Ondera a couple nights ago, how could I forget one of the best ? You are right about Logan Swackhammer also. I wondered about Jon McDonald who went to Wellston. Didn't Brad go to OH for mayby 1 year before going on to the Burg ?
Andy Orender that’s not how you spell it went to oak hill

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

allamericanironman wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:06 am Jackson basketball had really stunk for a long time. We lost plenty of quality players. When derrow had the machine at Wells ton we lost several. Oak hill here recently have had the advantage of those jumping ship.
I can't disagree with you about that. I think that Oak Hill is honoring the 2009 State Championship team tomorrow evening when OH and Minford play. Two very important players, Kyle Ondera and Ryan Borden were 2 of the best that ever played at Oak Hill.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Swackhammer
Carroll
Ondera
Patrick Dill
McDonald
Walke

I really thought Borden did....would’ve flown by it had he stayed. Josh Davis? Didn’t know he got to a 1,000

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:47 am Swackhammer
Carroll
Ondera
Patrick Dill
McDonald
Walke

I really thought Borden did....would’ve flown by it had he stayed. Josh Davis? Didn’t know he got to a 1,000
Don't remember Patrick Dill at all. I was told that Josh Davis's name was on the new banner at OH. I was also told that Ryan Borden came very close, but didn't quite make it. If I get the chance, I may try to go to the OH-Minford game tonight. I'll look at the banner myself.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:54 am
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:47 am Swackhammer
Carroll
Ondera
Patrick Dill
McDonald
Walke

Don't remember Patrick Dill at all. I was told that Josh Davis's name was on the new banner at OH. I was also told that Ryan Borden came very close, but didn't quite make it. If I get the chance, I may try to go to the OH-Minford game tonight. I'll look at the banner myself.
He was maybe a year ahead of Borden...left here after his junior year I think. Dad was big wig at General Mills or Michalenas ...job transfer to Pennsylvania.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Ironman92:

I leave here at 4:00

Arrive by 5:30. If you are there early then I will show you around a little.

Don’t break our streak!! The 1 1/2 hour drives home so far this year have been 9 long but nice rides home.

The loss at home reflected on SEOPS was a neutral game at Zane Trace to start the season.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Should be a solid game in WCH tonight. Jackson hasn't been very good on the road, while WCH has a different roster than when they faced Jackson earlier in the year. I'll go with:

Jackson 55
WCH 46

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:33 pm Ironman92:

I leave here at 4:00

Arrive by 5:30. If you are there early then I will show you around a little.

Don’t break our streak!! The 1 1/2 hour drives home so far this year have been 9 long but nice rides home.

The loss at home reflected on SEOPS was a neutral game at Zane Trace to start the season.
I should be there by then...depending on Big Ernie’s service and Hillsboro traffic

CoachFlora
Riding the Bench

Post by CoachFlora »

Omar Porter of WCH committed to Ohio Dominican today for Football. Great kid, very well deserved.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

CoachFlora wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:37 pm Omar Porter of WCH committed to Ohio Dominican today for Football. Great kid, very well deserved.
This is great news!! We knew whoever was able to sign Mr Porter would be thrilled to have him.

Coach Scott’s sister Brooklynn is a Grad Assistant at ODU And happened to be in the Athletic offices when Omar was visiting and being shown around. She has been to several games but he wasn’t 💯 who she was until she said “Omar, don’t you have a practice starting soon?” Then they laughed and it was then he realized how small this world can be. I knew that the Football coaches were totally sold on Omar and I also know we will be driving to ODU to catch a game or two this fall. ODU was ranked in the top 25 in NCAA D2 this past season.

Congrats to Omar Porter!!

When people ask me about Omar the first thing I say is “He’s a man!” The teacher beside me Tuesday who kept the clock was remarking that Omar was a blessing to have in class. Sounds to me like we were very lucky to have Omar this season.

CoachFlora
Riding the Bench

Post by CoachFlora »

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:02 pm
CoachFlora wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:37 pm Omar Porter of WCH committed to Ohio Dominican today for Football. Great kid, very well deserved.
This is great news!! We knew whoever was able to sign Mr Porter would be thrilled to have him.

Coach Scott’s sister Brooklynn is a Grad Assistant at ODU And happened to be in the Athletic offices when Omar was visiting and being shown around. She has been to several games but he wasn’t 💯 who she was until she said “Omar, don’t you have a practice starting soon?” Then they laughed and it was then he realized how small this world can be. I knew that the Football coaches were totally sold on Omar and I also know we will be driving to ODU to catch a game or two this fall. ODU was ranked in the top 25 in NCAA D2 this past season.

Congrats to Omar Porter!!

When people ask me about Omar the first thing I say is “He’s a man!” The teacher beside me Tuesday who kept the clock was remarking that Omar was a blessing to have in class. Sounds to me like we were very lucky to have Omar this season.
We've absolutely been blessed to have him this year. Very coachable as well, ODU got a good one! He told me last week that they were his top choice as the staff was really invested in building a relationship with him which stood out to him among other schools. Sounds like a great fit for him, I will definitely be attending some games as well.

Side note: Richie Burns was visiting Findlay today for football as they are very high on him. Great to see kids excelling in multiple sports and not specializing.

Return to “Boys Basketball”