12/28: Gallia Academy @ Logan

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 12/28: Gallia Academy @ Logan

Post by noreply66 »

Gallia is a good defensive team but they showed me no offense. Only when Logan let up on the D is when they score quick. Some people will say the Refs were bad but they really called a good game. The big boy only scored on bunnies. When he would get the ball Logan's little guys ate him up. He was shaking his head no the hole game.

I met the Purple Hippo tonight for the first time. Didn't chat too long..didn't want to keep him from his stats. Seems like a great guy.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Loveday stats?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

mattash wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:42 pmLoveday stats?
He might have had 12 points about a half dozen blocks and 10 RBs Probably have to wait for PFloyd or the LDN to get the correct stats.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

noreply66 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:46 pm
mattash wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:42 pmLoveday stats?
He might have had 12 points about a half dozen blocks and 10 RBs Probably have to wait for PFloyd or the LDN to get the correct stats.
He had 11 points. Scored his last basket on an uncontested dunk with around a minute left. He was 1 for 5 from the free throw line.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Sounds about right

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I am not going to say Logan didn’t have a let up on defense I have no idea but the scoring started when Gallia changed there defense. And this was really not a great defensive game for blue devils. On that end of court they really missed call tonight. I am sure it hurt on offensive end also but really on defense. He still would of not stopped number 1 for Logan but call would of been there best match up so maybe they could of slowed him dowm a little.

But he was a beast tonight. Game might of been a little closer if blue devils would of made a foul shot the first 3 quarters. I thought the officiating was fine. That is kind of reffing you are going to get in tourney a lot of no calls.

You can always question a couple of fouls but always can. The only blatantly bad call was late in 3rd or early in 4th when mcellend through a pass toward the Gallia crowd and the ball was thrown right at me and the ball took like a 45 degree turn to my left as it passed the Logan player and they said no one touched maybe from there vantage point you couldn’t see how far the pass was redirected.

But I thought they did a pretty good job. The JV game though was not good at all. Not even saying Logan got the calls. But it was not consistent at all.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Chris Holtmann and a recruiter from Stanford were in attendance tonight. I sat across the aisle from Loveday’s dad. All I can say is Bo Myers shined bright tonight and Loveday was nowhere to be found in reality. Bo showed many things that Loveday did not....tenacity, leadership, and a will to fight. Loveday spent most of the evening shaking his head, throwing his hands up, and looking over to his dad as if he didn’t know what to do. The classiest part of the evening came with a few minutes left in the game and a Gallia player was called for a foul and Loveday’s dad simulating flipping the ref off as he ran past and yelling “f*** you” after he passed. Very poor behavior by a player and parent who had Holtmann and Stanford watching. It still didn’t stop the dog and pony show afterwards of Holtmann coming over and Loveday’s dad saying “it just wasn’t our night”. No, no it wasn’t. It was Bo Myers’ and the Chieftains night!
Last edited by Chief02 on Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Did Call play?

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

No call did not warm up or play

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

What a game tonight from Logan! Smothering defense.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Loveday shakes his head and throws his hands up when he scores 30. Shakes his head when he is mad at himself.

I think loveday has a lot of growing to do also but if you look at tonight how many times did they turn the ball over because they could not successfully pass it to him. When they pass him the ball they all stand still. There has to be someone open because there are two or 3 on him. Kids should be spotting up or cutting to basket. They do not this offense will struggle until they make changes

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:22 pm What a game tonight from Logan! Smothering defense.
Logan blew Gallia away. And don’t want to take anything away from Logan but when you have 4 kids standing still on offensive it is not hard to smother them.

But I want you to understand Gallia academy at its best would give Logan a game but Logan a way more complete team. Hands down.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

svac83 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:36 pm
Chieftain2009 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:22 pm What a game tonight from Logan! Smothering defense.
Logan blew Gallia away. And don’t want to take anything away from Logan but when you have 4 kids standing still on offensive it is not hard to smother them.

But I want you to understand Gallia academy at its best would give Logan a game but Logan a way more complete team. Hands down.
I have no idea if Gallia would give Logan a game at their best. But, that's why the game is played on the court. Speculation is just speculation.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Gallia's pressing D lasted about a minute and 15 seconds. Logan took care of it real quick. When you have 9 points at the end of one and only 20 plus in the 4th you are not going to win too many games. I thought Bo didn't have that great of game and still scored 30.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

noreply66 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:41 pm Gallia's pressing D lasted about a minute and 15 seconds. Logan took care of it real quick. When you have 9 points at the end of one and only 20 plus in the 4th you are not going to win too many games. I thought Bo didn't have that great of game and still scored 30.
I agree with that 100% except for the amount of time the defense was effective the defense was effective at least 5 minutes from 1.39 left in 3rd quarter until they cut the lead to 10. At 50 to 40. But your right number 1 think could of out scored the blue devils tonight if that would of been the plan.

And I agree on scoring 17 in almost 3q won’t give you many points. Wins not points. LOL

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Good luck to Logan rest of way hope you have a great year

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

Logan was very good and more seasoned than GAHS. I think Logan playing at home and having more games under their belt was a big plus for them. GAHS the rust really showed on the offensive end of the floor struggling to score the basketball. Call not playing didn't help matters none, but even with Call tonight I don't think GAHS couldn't have won this game. GAHS has to have more spacing in their offense too many players to close together need more movement. GAHS will get a lot better and will be a tough team to be when they can get the pieces working together hopefully pretty Quick because they can't afford to lose no more games in regular season.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Players has got to move ! Coaches has got to make changes ! You can't be a stubborn coach ?
Last edited by Geronimo on Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

SEOAL74 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:26 am Logan was very good and more seasoned than GAHS. I think Logan playing at home and having more games under their belt was a big plus for them. GAHS the rust really showed on the offensive end of the floor struggling to score the basketball. Call not playing didn't help matters none, but even with Call tonight I don't think GAHS couldn't have won this game. GAHS has to have more spacing in their offense too many players to close together need more movement. GAHS will get a lot better and will be a tough team to be when they can get the pieces working together hopefully pretty Quick because they can't afford to lose no more games in regular season.
What makes you so sure this team is going to get better? The strength of this team is there athletes and there motors. Not there pure basketball ability. If they are just going to sit back let teams dictate the style play and try to be a half court team this group is like a 15-7 team.

They need to go out an open up a game and get teams out of there comfort zones.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Thats puts a lot of pressure on the big kid! Not like when You had a 6'5 peck kid !

Return to “Boys Basketball”