Federal Hocking @ Athens

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Federal Hocking @ Athens

Post by WellstonLover »

I think I saw where it's senior night for athens. Anyone have an update on this one?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Federal Hocking @ Athens

Post by 93Bulldog »

15 min till tip

Live on 970wath.com

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens 41
Fed Hock 26
Halftime

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens 63
Fed Hock 39
Final

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Nice win to get Athens ready for DII tournament play.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:31 am Nice win to get Athens ready for DII tournament play.
We got a nice match-up with Alexander Friday and Morgan on Saturday.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Barlow Trolling as usual. He can't say nice win and good job with 8 in a row now, 6 of those being on the road including VC, Logan Elm and Jackson. He has to be sarcastic because it was Fed Hock. Didn't hear a peep out of him when the Bulldogs beat VC at Valhalla, why not? Cause he is the biggest DB known to man.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:04 pm Barlow Trolling as usual. He can't say nice win and good job with 8 in a row now, 6 of those being on the road including VC, Logan Elm and Jackson. He has to be sarcastic because it was Fed Hock. Didn't hear a peep out of him when the Bulldogs beat VC at Valhalla, why not? Cause he is the biggest DB known to man.
To be fair, there's literally zero reason for Athens to play Fed Hock at this time besides to get an easy win.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

HamPorter wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:12 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:04 pm Barlow Trolling as usual. He can't say nice win and good job with 8 in a row now, 6 of those being on the road including VC, Logan Elm and Jackson. He has to be sarcastic because it was Fed Hock. Didn't hear a peep out of him when the Bulldogs beat VC at Valhalla, why not? Cause he is the biggest DB known to man.
To be fair, there's literally zero reason for Athens to play Fed Hock at this time besides to get an easy win.
I'm thinking this game had more to do with Fed Hock scheduling up than Athens scheduling down. Are you saying other teams don't do this?? Not sure what you mean "at this time"? This was a make-up game from awhile back. And mostly these games are good for bench players to get more time on the court, so I don't see anything wrong with that. It also was a good Senior Night game. As 93Bulldog stated we have 2 good games back to back next weekend with Alex and then Morgan.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

And speaking of Trolls. I haven't heard anything out of SniperFan or Orestes lately. Funny how winning will shut people up. I guess there are those that don't have anything better to do then degrade a program when they are down.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:27 pm And speaking of Trolls. I haven't heard anything out of SniperFan or Orestes lately. Funny how winning will shut people up. I guess there are those that don't have anything better to do then degrade a program when they are down.
You shouldn’t have said it. Lol

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

My "at this time" meant where both programs are. Fed Hock is in a much better place than they were a year ago, but still are coming off of a season where no game was even close. Athens should be playing up or even and not way down in its nonleague schedule.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

HamPorter wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:36 pm My "at this time" meant where both programs are. Fed Hock is in a much better place than they were a year ago, but still are coming off of a season where no game was even close. Athens should be playing up or even and not way down in its nonleague schedule.
Athens has played Logan twice, Gallia Academy, Warren, Bishop Watterson, Jackson. Look at those teams Records. They played UP and had a strong strength of schedule this year. Most if not all these teams schedule down one game. Logan plays Nelsonville-York on Tuesday for instance.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:35 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:27 pm And speaking of Trolls. I haven't heard anything out of SniperFan or Orestes lately. Funny how winning will shut people up. I guess there are those that don't have anything better to do then degrade a program when they are down.
You shouldn’t have said it. Lol
They will come out of the Woodwork if Athens has a slip up or bump in the road. Mark my words.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:58 pm
HamPorter wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:36 pm My "at this time" meant where both programs are. Fed Hock is in a much better place than they were a year ago, but still are coming off of a season where no game was even close. Athens should be playing up or even and not way down in its nonleague schedule.
Athens has played Logan twice, Gallia Academy, Warren, Bishop Watterson, Jackson. Look at those teams Records. They played UP and had a strong strength of schedule this year. Most if not all these teams schedule down one game. Logan plays Nelsonville-York on Tuesday for instance.
Logan also has to schedule 22 non league games, not 10. That game by Logan is also inexcusable though.

OHPrepFB
Waterboy

Post by OHPrepFB »

Maybe my logics off, but doesn’t someone have to schedule down in order for someone to schedule up. That game, according to their Arbiter schedule, was suppose to be played on Jan. 12th.

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

Athens should never play Fed.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:24 pm
HamPorter wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:12 pm
I'm thinking this game had more to do with Fed Hock scheduling up than Athens scheduling down. Are you saying other teams don't do this?? Not sure what you mean "at this time"? This was a make-up game from awhile back. And mostly these games are good for bench players to get more time on the court, so I don't see anything wrong with that. It also was a good Senior Night game. As 93Bulldog stated we have 2 good games back to back next weekend with Alex and then Morgan.
... a couple of points : Athens is finally where I thought they would be with the personnel they bring to the floor - BIGS now the focal point of the offense, the perimeter folks being the beneficiaries of having solid BIGs down low ... defensively the Dawgs are using their personnel to their advantage going with that pesky matchup zone taking advantage of the length on the perimeter, the quickness on the perimeter to get make the transition game a major part of the Napkin Stat picture at the end each game ... it's not easy as a coaching staff to change the focus of your TEAM part way through the season ! - Coach Cozart & Co. have done that, and made it happen going into the "one and done" season - great stuff !!! ...

... Fed Hock - Coach Dunigan has done an excellent job of changing the attitude, the culture in Fed Hock this season ... the expectations , getting kids to buy into what YOU as the head coach WANT & EXPECT from the players - in practice and on game day - not easy ... Coach Dunigan is going there and succeeding ... the W's will come ! ... good job Coach Dunigan & the Fed Hock TEAM ...

... Look for Athens to improve their non-conference schedule even more NEXT season ... I would have liked the Logan games to be spread out more so that we could see where the Bulldogs stand vs a quality team NOW/after the mid-season adjustments ... would tell us and the AHS staff where they stand going into the post season play for sure ...

... I agree with the previous posts - winning cures LOTS LOL ... some folks are looking for chinks in the armour , I admire Coach Cozart for being able to push through the negative "stuff" and focus on what needs to be done courtside ... great job Coach Cozart ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... a final point ... I love the scheduling philosophy at Fairfield Union for their non conference games ... Coach Eversole & Co. look at dividing the non-conference schedule placing games/opponents into 3 categories - vs teams that they "should not beat" (South/Beechcroft), vs teams that are "50/50" games ( Unioto/Sheridan/Watterson )where FU is pushed to do what they need to do to get the W's and final vs teams they "should" beat (Lakewood/New Lex) ...

... so the Federal Hocking game by Athens ? falls MOST seasons into the later category "a game they should win" ... doesn't bother me as much as most people apparently ...

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Aren't Coach Cozart and Assistant Coach Bobo Fed Hock Alumni? Maybe this was done as a favor to Dunigan to help Fed Hock get ready for their Tournament run. I'm with PFloyd and don't see what the big deal is. Both Athens County teams and the place was pretty packed.

Return to “Boys Basketball”