2/2 Friday night showdown Waverly @ Wheelersburg

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Thoughts??

I think Burg avenges early season loss.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: 2/2 Friday night showdown Waverly @ Wheelersburg

Post by smurray »

This is gonna be a heavy weight fight. I’m sure Wheelersburg is better than they were for round one but I can assure you Waverly is way better than they were then too.
This game is at Wheelersburg with a much smaller court which helps the Pirates.
Waverly has several players who can go off for 20 points on any given night, not sure who else Wheelersburg has besides Holden who scores consistently.
Waverly ran all over a very athletic WCH team tonight.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Yeah! Waverly hammered the 3-12 team without their best player!! Flex those muscles against that 9 seed!

How many players have scored over 20 for Waverly now? Is 3 really several, or a few? To me, several is 5 or more, but I'm also not one for hyperbole.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Howell, Adrian, Reed, Wolfe, Remington. That would be five ham.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

I think it will be a close game decided by a basket or two. Atmosphere ought to be electric. Holden just had a monster game at Greenup. Lowery can light it up on any given night. Truitt can be a dangerous player when he is on. Mullins, Dyer, and Justin Salyers play great defense and are solid players. Add Trent Salyers shooting and moxie to the mix. They are really hitting their stride at the right time. Hopefully they can ride into the tournament without anymore losses.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

smurray wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:26 pm This is gonna be a heavy weight fight. I’m sure Wheelersburg is better than they were for round one but I can assure you Waverly is way better than they were then too.
Waverly has several players who can go off for 20 points on any given night, not sure who else Wheelersburg has besides Holden who scores consistently.
Isn't all high school basketball courts the same size?? Some gyms are bigger than others far as seating goes but I always thought that all the courts were the same size?

Burg grad 85
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

scott1297 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:53 am
smurray wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:26 pm This is gonna be a heavy weight fight. I’m sure Wheelersburg is better than they were for round one but I can assure you Waverly is way better than they were then too.
Isn't all high school basketball courts the same size?? Some gyms are bigger than others far as seating goes but I always thought that all the courts were the same size?
Not even close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Waverly playing good basketball as of lately. Would be a huge win over Burg this Friday if they can pull it out. I see the Tigers getting the victory by a few baskets difference. Go Tigers!

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Holden playing better. Finding a role and making
Most of it. Should be good to watch. Defending the perimeter and minimizing 3 pointers will be key for Waverly.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

scott1297 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:53 am
The idea is to have similar to the same sized courts, but it doesn't always happen. Waverly is much wider than most HS courts. Just in Fayette County, you have Washington which has a huge court and Miami Trace (for this year at least) that has a shorter and more narrow court.

Obviously the 3 pt line and FT lines are the same, but that's usually where the similarities end, especially in SE Ohio.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I think Waverly takes another close one

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

I realize the Burg faithful see themselves as the best team in the country, but the Tigers are clicking.

Tigers by 6.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

This decide the SOC 1 ?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Battle for the runner up trophy . I will take waverly by 6

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

hbk1999 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:23 pm I realize the Burg faithful see themselves as the best team in the country, but the Tigers are clicking.

Tigers by 6.
I know I’ve always felt that the burgs the best team in the country :lol:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Waverly is playing better and I believe the better team....but my gut says Burg will win at home.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:21 pm Waverly is playing better and I believe the better team....but my gut says Burg will win at home.
It's at Wheelersburg which is a huge advantage. I believe Waverly is the better all around "team" and playing very well right now so we shall see.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I believe this will be a 10-12 pt. victory for Wheelersburg. Wheelersburg will not turn the ball over this game. Forcing turnovers is important for Waverly to generate offense.

I see Wheelersburg being too physical for Waverly to handle. Wheelersburg will guard them well in the half court and cause them be get frustrated!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:46 pm I believe this will be a 10-12 pt. victory for Wheelersburg. Wheelersburg will not turn the ball over this game. Forcing turnovers is important for Waverly to generate offense.

I see Wheelersburg being too physical for Waverly to handle. Wheelersburg will guard them well in the half court and cause them be get frustrated!
Waverly has been in some very physical games this year so they are used to it. Frustrated??? If you have watched Waverly at all this year that's one thing they haven't done, even in the 3 losses.

Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

Waverly wins this in a tight one. I think waverly is a much better team but playing at Burg keeps this one close.

Return to “Boys Basketball”