VC @ Meigs 1/26

thebarlowbandit
All State

Re: VC @ Meigs 1/26

Post by thebarlowbandit »

tvc_fan wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:00 pm
Hornetz_Fan32 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:28 pm I am not sure the 2 that are off the team because of grades would make a difference, but other people may be able to answer the question. I know the Baer kids has been the leader of the team since day 1. I think any team would like to have a sophomore leader on their team. He has stepped up on all their wins.
Has been a leader since day 1? Does he get in the huddle to encourage the team, has he led in any of the stats? Yes he is a good ball player and has had the luxury of of having leaders around him to take on some of the better defenders, When you have most teams defending Bartrum and was also guarding Mattox, a 3rd good guard can put up some points.

As a Freshman, he averaged 5 points a game. This year he has averaged 17 points a game.

Bartrum is just behind him averaging 14 ppg. this season and averaged 8 ppg his Sophomore Season.

Pretty sure that this is just someone related or a close friend trying to play the whole Baer versus Mattox thing in who is better. And doing so just to try to stir the pot on here. Sorry, not gonna happen, I like how Baer plays, Meigs was a better team with Mattox on it, Mattox averaged 10 ppg his Sophomore year (wasn't a starter), 14 ppg his jr year (didn't start til midway though season) and was averaging 18 ppg his Senior season. Should have been on Varsity his Freshman year and even without doing that he had a chance to hit the 1,000 points this season. Put up 618 points in 2-1/2 seasons. He was vocal on the court to his teammates and he always tried to get the crowd into the game.

Yeah he is my son and yes I will talk him up, but the numbers back up my talk. Did I mention he played half the season with no ACL.

With all that being said, I truly hope that Baer gets his name up on that 1,000 point banner at Meigs High School. My son thinks highly of him and was saying he should have been a starter lat season.
The numbers that really matter is the GPA number, more so than any other number. A player no longer on the team is neither a leader or helping their team.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:09 pm
Hornetz_Fan32 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:28 pm I am not sure the 2 that are off the team because of grades would make a difference, but other people may be able to answer the question. I know the Baer kids has been the leader of the team since day 1. I think any team would like to have a sophomore leader on their team. He has stepped up on all their wins.
Has been a leader since day 1? Does he get in the huddle to encourage the team, has he led in any of the stats? Yes he is a good ball player and has had the luxury of of having leaders around him to take on some of the better defenders, When you have most teams defending Bartrum and was also guarding Mattox, a 3rd good guard can put up some points.

As a Freshman, he averaged 5 points a game. This year he has averaged 17 points a game.

Bartrum is just behind him averaging 14 ppg. this season and averaged 8 ppg his Sophomore Season.

Pretty sure that this is just someone related or a close friend trying to play the whole Baer versus Mattox thing in who is better. And doing so just to try to stir the pot on here. Sorry, not gonna happen, I like how Baer plays, Meigs was a better team with Mattox on it, Mattox averaged 10 ppg his Sophomore year (wasn't a starter), 14 ppg his jr year (didn't start til midway though season) and was averaging 18 ppg his Senior season. Should have been on Varsity his Freshman year and even without doing that he had a chance to hit the 1,000 points this season. Put up 618 points in 2-1/2 seasons. He was vocal on the court to his teammates and he always tried to get the crowd into the game.

Yeah he is my son and yes I will talk him up, but the numbers back up my talk. Did I mention he played half the season with no ACL.

With all that being said, I truly hope that Baer gets his name up on that 1,000 point banner at Meigs High School. My son thinks highly of him and was saying he should have been a starter lat season.
The numbers that really matter is the GPA number, more so than any other number. A player no longer on the team is neither a leader or helping their team.
Oh really, you're a smart.one.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

tvc_fan wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:26 pm
thebarlowbandit wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:09 pm

Oh really, you're a smart.one.
Smart enough to use proper spacing and punctuation. ;-) just could not resist any sarcastic post regarding being smart, Smacks with irony.

Chuck Finley
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Finley »

Whether you play varsity or not as a freshmen has a great deal to do with your maturity level, both physical and mental. Leadership is more that just leading a team in statistical categories.

Amock0905
Freshman Team

Post by Amock0905 »

If this is a half court game this one is a lot closer but when you have 8 players on your roster and on 2 come off the bench Vinton County likes to run the court them boys get tired you could see it in their big guy and when the coach was forced to take him out Vinton County had a huge size advantage

The 24 year drought is over! 🏈🏆

Return to “Boys Basketball”