Wellston @ NY 1/26

VisionQuest
All State

Wellston @ NY 1/26

Post by VisionQuest »

Another big TVC-Ohio matchup. More so for Wellston as they find their selves in the running for 1st place in the TVC-Ohio. NY has been streaky after their huge win over VC early in the season and seem to be stuck in a rut. Is this the game where things get turned around for the Buckeyes? I think the key for NY is to shut down the athletic 6'5" Matt Simpson, maybe double team him as I don't see any one player from NY who can matchup with him. Interesting game with big TVC-OHIO implications. Thoughts???

therealNY
Freshman Team

Re: Wellston @ NY 1/26

Post by therealNY »

Simpson did very little in the first matchup. NY had some key players out that game. I think NY gets this one.

If you ain't first, you're last!
VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

therealNY wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:02 am Simpson did very little in the first matchup. NY had some key players out that game. I think NY gets this one.
Simpson ate Athens alive in their 1st matchup. But, then again Tall, Athletic big men have been the Bulldogs Kryptonite this season. Hoping they get that Fixed. Definitely pulling for NY in this one to really shakeup the TVC. VC and Alex go at it next Friday in the Alley for another key Showdown.

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

Talented big kid for sure! Always been a favorite of mine to watch.

Go Bucks!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Should be a pretty good game.
If the Bucks can put 4 solid quarters together then they can come away with the win.
Hope to see everyone at Ben Wagner Gymnasium tonight!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

If anyone is at this game please post updates.

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

36-52 Wellston. NY continues to struggle. Team had NO energy at all.

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

Sounds like they lack a leader ON the court.

bburner
Freshman Team

Post by bburner »

Realist wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:23 pm Sounds like they lack a leader ON the court.
Lol...y'all are telling like it ain't. The couldn't buy a basket. They always struggle from perimeter. Tonight Bohyer had one of those nights - he would get to the bucket & miss the layup. They rely on his offense - he was off & they have no other offense to fall back on

05buckeye
JV Team

Post by 05buckeye »

Too many lazy shots and getting pushed around on both ends in the paint....

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

They cannot depend on one shooter. They need an offensive rythym. Way too many turnovers yet again. Kids or coach are not turning this one around. I’d play the JV squad. They hustle!

bburner
Freshman Team

Post by bburner »

Yes - I saw no quit in them last night,just an off night. I have some big ?'s regarding personnel decisions - but at the end of the day the are all Juniors & Soph's with very little experience & a Coach with very little.( Not a dig ). Next year has alot of promise.
Hope they can get it pulled together tonight vs Miller

SEOFBFAN
Waterboy

Post by SEOFBFAN »

What is the deal with this NY team? What happened to all the senior leadership the Buckeyes had in football?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

SEOFBFAN wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:04 pm What is the deal with this NY team? What happened to all the senior leadership the Buckeyes had in football?
Only have a couple seniors on the team.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

bburner wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:55 pm Yes - I saw no quit in them last night,just an off night. I have some big ?'s regarding personnel decisions - but at the end of the day the are all Juniors & Soph's with very little experience & a Coach with very little.( Not a dig ). Next year has alot of promise.
Teh koondoger says, sorry, but they got romped by Miller. Are they missing teh Cadillac? Or is it something else? :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

5-10 and 3-3 against Division 4 schools.

bburner
Freshman Team

Post by bburner »

koondoger wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:18 am
bburner wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:55 pm Yes - I saw no quit in them last night,just an off night. I have some big ?'s regarding personnel decisions - but at the end of the day the are all Juniors & Soph's with very little experience & a Coach with very little.( Not a dig ). Next year has alot of promise.
Teh koondoger says, sorry, but they got romped by Miller. Are they missing teh Cadillac? Or is it something else? :mrgreen:
Ha Ha......They are wishing they had the keys to that back right now

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

bburner wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:55 pm
koondoger wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:18 am
Ha Ha......They are wishing they had the keys to that back right now
I think you are correct. If they were still driving the caddy they wouldn't be in last place in the Ohio and may have a winning record. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
Deez Nutz
Waterboy

Post by Deez Nutz »

Yes the Cadillac is sorely missed.

“Do you want to see bofa?” :mrgreen:
therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

The Cadillac is def not missed. What this team lacks in is leadership. Only 1 senior on the varsity team. And between the players and coaches, neither provides much leadership. I'm not even sure why their are assistants, the big guy does nothing. I'm not sure what the fix is but next year wont be any better.

Miller game was a good one until after 1/2. Miller dominated.

Return to “Boys Basketball”