Great story from northern press

DragonDad
Waterboy

Great story from northern press

Post by DragonDad »

Great story about Fairland from Press Pros up north.

https://pressprosmagazine.com/how-the-o ... d-dragons/

That night Dragons added another 1,000 point club member but also Luke hit nine 3s. 9 for 12. Crazy. Good night for that guy to see them in action.

VisionQuest
All State

Re: Great story from northern press

Post by VisionQuest »

Great read!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Great story from northern press

Post by pfloyd »

What great read ! ... I think everything that Mr. Fulks wrote about basketball along the river in Proctorville @ Fairland can be said for most every small town, city Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... the memories of seasons pasts, THE teams at every school that the old guard still talk about today ... the "back in the day" comparisons with hoops today ... as I have traveled Southern/Southeast Ohio for the last 20 years watching boys high school hoops, talking to coaches, mingling with the fans on all sides in the Cheap Seats, I too have come away with a generalized observation " the fans Below the Line are the best anywhere" - they love to support their team, the players, they have a passion next to none and they are willing to travel the vast miles of Southern/Southeastern Ohio to watch games, scream at refs and support their kids which represent their school & community ... I have no desire to travel to the "big cities" to watch games - my world Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line IS my memory of what high school basketball is and should be ... the people along the river, on the back roads , are the most friendly/accommodating people I have ever met ... I love the world that Mr. Fulks described in Proctorville because it is the exact same everywhere I travel in Southern/Southeastern Ohio ... great article ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”