Piketon @ Zane Trace

Killer Krossover
Waterboy

Re: Piketon @ Zane Trace

Post by Killer Krossover »

This is gonna be a great game I think! Actually, I’m going to make my way over to 159 into Kinikinnick to take this one in. Streaks were battle tested tonight against SE; Westfall gave ZT all they wanted. On paper, I think the edge goes to ZT. From eyeball test, I think Piketon walks away with win. I think Perdue will cause problems for the bigs. Wouldn’t be surprised to see box-1; can Piketon’s other players handle pressure and knock down shots? No doubt going to be good one and it WILL have huge impact in SVC race, that is...for #2 😉!!!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

KRS wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:50 pm I don’t know about defense, after the last two non league games and giving up over 75 points each time just nice to be back playing league games where we compete. Best of luck to you all tomorrow night.
Same to you!

Camp Creek Cougar
Waterboy

Post by Camp Creek Cougar »

Good Saturday Morning to everyone! Just finished up my trainwreck at Riverside waitin for the Smart Mart to open. Got a nice nutcracker set I’m going to get; had my eye on it since thanksgiving.

Redstreaks travel to kittynickel to play Zane Trace Pioneers. Gonna get the Camp creek posse gathered up and hit the road about 3:00. Want to swing by the ampletheater and see if we can meet Tecumseh or Pocohontas; been on my bucket list for some time. May stop and get pregame mill at the Golden Corral if anyone wants to join.

Streaks had a battle on their hands last night with Southeastern. After a week layoff and cold temperatures outside—was so cold on Camp Creek the meth labs weren’t even fired up- the Streaks looked a little sluggish. Give SE credit; they played hard and was ready. But Streaks find away. Perdue still putting up big numbers and still POY in my opinion. Speaking to that...Jolie Billingsworth getting some help; I just about fell off my torlet when I saw the Gazzette give Perdue his credit as legitimate POY candidate earlier this week. He’s the raw deal!

I look for Zane Trace to have some tall guys, and try to punk us, but that’s not gonna work. If it’s like all the other games I’ve watched there, Streaks will have to beat 8 on 5, just like the Holiday torment. Welp, gotta get my cows back out in pasture; brought them in my house from the cold last night. Streaks win 55-47 tonight in a battle!

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Anybody have a rundown? Sounds like it was a Battle.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

ZT 71
Piketon 66 (OT)

Webb for the gazette had the scoring as follows:

ZT

Beam 21
Davidson 22
Evans 18

Piketon

Purdue 37
Blanton 11

This game had it all! Great pressure defense, efficient offense, runs by both teams, great coaching on both sides and terrible refs! Haha! This was one of the funnest games I've watched in a while!

Zane Trace is long and athletic and that probably made the difference in the game imo. Piketon guards not named Purdue struggled to get perimeter shots off due to ZT length. Little only got 2 shots off the entire night. Had a kid 6'6 guarding him. Blanton for Piketon played really well tonight. This was one of those nights were You just threw the ball to Purdue and let him work. 37 pts 11 rebounds. What a night. I feel he is separating himself in the POY standings every game.

ZT goes 6'6 6'6 6'4 6'3 5'10

Piketon 5'8 5'8 6'0 6'0 6'1

Davidson for ZT almost threw one down off a putback at one point. Evans handled Piketon's pressure well and Beam is strong inside and has nice touch.

Can't wait for game 2 with these two teams in Piketon!

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

mlittle wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:44 pm ZT 71
Piketon 66 (OT)

ZT

Beam 21
Davidson 22
Evans 18

Piketon

Purdue 37
Blanton 11

This game had it all! Great pressure defense, efficient offense, runs by both teams, great coaching on both sides and terrible refs! Haha! This was one of the funnest games I've watched in a while!

Zane Trace is long and athletic and that probably made the difference in the game imo. Piketon guards not named Purdue struggled to get perimeter shots off due to ZT length. Little only got 2 shots off the entire night. Had a kid 6'6 guarding him. Blanton for Piketon played really well tonight. This was one of those nights were You just threw the ball to Purdue and let him work. 37 pts 11 rebounds. What a night. I feel he is separating himself in the POY standings every game.

Davidson for ZT almost threw one down off a putback at one point. Evans handled Piketon's pressure well and Beam is strong inside and has nice touch.

What % did piketon not named Perdue shoot from the floor 35% and from 3point 20%

Perdue went like 3 minutes without getting a touch on offense thats terrible coaching or selfish players. Another time piketon went 5 trips down the floor and TP never touched the ball before a long over 15 ft shot went up. Not gonna win.close games like that.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ronm001 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:15 pm
Piketon 66 (OT)

ZT

Beam 21
Davidson 22
Evans 18

Piketon

Purdue 37
Blanton 11

What % did piketon not named Perdue shoot from the floor 35% and from 3point 20%

Perdue went like 3 minutes without getting a touch on offense thats terrible coaching or selfish players. Another time piketon went 5 trips down the floor and TP never touched the ball before a long over 15 ft shot went up. Not gonna win.close games like that.
Perdue with a big 37....what were his shooting numbers?

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:24 pm
Piketon 66 (OT)

ZT

Beam 21
Davidson 22
Evans 18

Piketon

Purdue 37
Blanton 11

Dont know lost track about half way thru 4th he had 24 or 27 points and miss 5 shots.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ronm001 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:27 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:24 pm

Dont know lost track about half way thru 4th he had 24 or 27 points and miss 5 shots.
That’s awesome. Did ball not go to his side? Others jack quick shots? Defense actually not let him a few possessions?

Just wondering from the outside. When the stud is doing his thing in a close game...you keep letting him do his thing.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Piketon 66 (OT)

ZT

Beam 21
Davidson 22
Evans 18

Piketon

Purdue 37
Blanton 11

Go ahead Ronm001 and keep bashing our players and coaches! That'll help us!

Our coaches are getting us ready for the tournament. Purdue is special but he's not carrying us deep into a tournament run by himself. Have to help build the confidence of our other players.

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

mlittle wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:45 pm
Piketon 66 (OT)

ZT

Beam 21
Davidson 22
Evans 18

Piketon

Purdue 37
Blanton 11

Go ahead Ronm001 and keep bashing our players and coaches! That'll help us!

Our coaches are getting us ready for the tournament. Purdue is special but he's not carrying us deep into a tournament run by himself. Have to help build the confidence of our other players.
Its not a bash your son should be running the point he passes like he should. The team runs better thru him and TP.

Streaks6106
Waterboy

Post by Streaks6106 »

Ronm001,

I was at the game tonight too. Not sure why you would make those comments about our coaching staff or players.

Since you seem to know so much about our coaching staff and players maybe you should offer your services to them. Or better yet find another team to go watch

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

Streaks6106 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:59 pm Ronm001,

I was at the game tonight too. Not sure why you would make those comments about our coaching staff or players.

Since you seem to know so much about our coaching staff and players maybe you should offer your services to them. Or better yet find another team to go watch
Glad to see you joined tonight just a couple min ago.

When you need a score TP has to at least touch the ball a couple times in a 3 min or 4 min span. PERIOD

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Sounds like a great game, guy I talked to said ZT struggled on the offensive end first 3 quarters.but made the plays late to get the win. Thought this would be a good game, sounds like it was, not a lot of separation in this league for the top 5 teams. Be interesting the second round.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

KRS wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:02 am Sounds like a great game, guy I talked to said ZT struggled on the offensive end first 3 quarters.but made the plays late to get the win. Thought this would be a good game, sounds like it was, not a lot of separation in this league for the top 5 teams. Be interesting the second round.
I feel like a lot of that had to do with our defense. Our pressure at the top and and help rotation was on point in that first half! It slowed a bit later in the game.

Streaks6106
Waterboy

Post by Streaks6106 »

Like I said I’m sure Piketon basketball could use your services. You sound like a real genius

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Does Piketon truly need as many coaches as Waverly?

Anyways, it sounded like an amazing game. Both teams should be proud of their effort and keep building on their way to a rematch down the road, which could still be for a piece of the SVC Championship.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

HamPorter wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:12 am Does Piketon truly need as many coaches as Waverly?

Anyways, it sounded like an amazing game. Both teams should be proud of their effort and keep building on their way to a rematch down the road, which could still be for a piece of the SVC Championship.
It was absolutely an instant classic!

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

Streaks6106 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:09 am Like I said I’m sure Piketon basketball could use your services. You sound like a real genius
You would think one of the umpteen coaches Piketon has on that bench they could run some kind of affective offense

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Could have been, he just said they didn’t play like the usually do early on. Like I said , a lot of parity in this league. After watching both teams, I thought it would be a good game. I think it is obvious if you catch Paint Valley on the second night of a back to back the second round it would be an advantage.

Return to “Boys Basketball”