38-48 final

Wow we fell apart baddd

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: Minford @ South Webster 1/5/18

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Congrats to Minford are in order. Their perseverance paid in the end.

I also liked what I saw tonight from Webster up until about the 4th. Devon Corriel was the spark tonight. Webster came out guns blazing and taking shots I haven't seen them take this season. They missed a good bit I believe but this was the offense we've been looking for. Not a bad night for Defense either minford hit some big threes down the stretch.

Keys to the game - Blevins, almost unstoppable when he takes it to the hoop. 18pts. Several monster blocks.

Minfords Kelley I believe it was, hitting some big shots and keeping minford in the hunt.

Websters smaller kids getting some good looks at the basket but seems like they're more focused on drawing contact than finishing?? Several missed layups

Corriel coming out and firing; puts in 13pts I believe. Good to see him hit 3 treys and do some penetrating.

Good game congrats to Minford

TRUTHBOMBS
Waterboy

Re: Minford 48 Webster 38 Final

Post by TRUTHBOMBS »

*** TRUTH BOMB INCOMING ***

Haven’t seen the Jeepsters yet this year

BUT

My sources tell me the superintendent is the one to blame for South Webster’s struggles. 3 very good coaches walked away because of him.

BUT

I hear Blevins is a stud.

.... and that’s the TRUTH!

Gyro-Step
Waterboy

Post by Gyro-Step »

Disappointing result tonight for the jeeps. Way too many turnovers, missed opportunities at the rim, and bad shot selection did us in. Things aren’t about to get any easier next week... this young team could go one of two ways. Going to find out a lot about their mental toughness real soon.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

TRUTHBOMBS wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:03 pm *** TRUTH BOMB INCOMING ***

Haven’t seen the Jeepsters yet this year

BUT

My sources tell me the superintendent is the one to blame for South Webster’s struggles. 3 very good coaches walked away because of him.

BUT

I hear Blevins is a stud.

.... and that’s the TRUTH!
I think Mark Kreischer knows a thing or two about coaching

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

I thought Dalton looked completely different vs SW than he did against Jackson. Minford has a great freshman too. Don’t know his name, but he can shoot it.

As for SW, I liked what I saw from Coriell. Webster played well for 2 qtrs. Didn’t handle Minford’s pressure very well. Next two games will be tough, but just gotta continue to get better. I think they can learn a lot from this Minford game. Hate to lose it, but can definitely learn from it

Making offers you can't refuse
Gyro-Step
Waterboy

Post by Gyro-Step »

Agreed. With a young, inexperienced team you’d like to see them stay positive and learn from games like last night. It should bother them, but have to move on quickly. Let’s hope that’s the way they go

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Vito Corleone wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:03 pm I thought Dalton looked completely different vs SW than he did against Jackson. Minford has a great freshman too. Don’t know his name, but he can shoot it.

As for SW, I liked what I saw from Coriell. Webster played well for 2 qtrs. Didn’t handle Minford’s pressure very well. Next two games will be tough, but just gotta continue to get better. I think they can learn a lot from this Minford game. Hate to lose it, but can definitely learn from it

Exactly. If a team with the odds stacked against them learns lessons from a tough loss, is it really a loss? Minford will be better prepared for Blevins next time, Murphy, Holstein, and Ruth gonna have to step up and make them layups

Return to “Boys Basketball”