What have we created?

fortdawg
All Conference

Re: What have we created?

Post by fortdawg »

Ladies and Gentlemen this seems to be a case of selective memory to me. hahahaha

Kids acted up in the 60's, 70's, and 80's along with fans and coaches.

I've seen kids bitch and moan with their hand in the air so that won't solve it.

I've seen coaches chase officials as they left the floor back in the day. I saw a coach get up in an opposing kids face and clap after the kids 5th foul.

I've seen Mom's and Dad's out on the floor during the game.

I remember two TVC schools who had to play in an empty gym with only players, refs, coaches, and administrators allowed to attend.

I suspect much of this "Acting Up" occurs from the "Other" team and if a kid from your team rolls his eyes; stomps his feet; or protests a call he's just acting with righteous indignation.

If this truly is a problem it's easy to solve---give the refs the ability to access a regular foul if there is any type of over reaction to a call by the kid or coach.
If I commit a foul and then show myself and get another..... it stops.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

fortdawg wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:56 am Ladies and Gentlemen this seems to be a case of selective memory to me. hahahaha

Kids acted up in the 60's, 70's, and 80's along with fans and coaches.

I've seen kids bitch and moan with their hand in the air so that won't solve it.

I've seen coaches chase officials as they left the floor back in the day. I saw a coach get up in an opposing kids face and clap after the kids 5th foul.

I've seen Mom's and Dad's out on the floor during the game.

I remember two TVC schools who had to play in an empty gym with only players, refs, coaches, and administrators allowed to attend.

I suspect much of this "Acting Up" occurs from the "Other" team and if a kid from your team rolls his eyes; stomps his feet; or protests a call he's just acting with righteous indignation.

If this truly is a problem it's easy to solve---give the refs the ability to access a regular foul if there is any type of over reaction to a call by the kid or coach.
If I commit a foul and then show myself and get another..... it stops.
Yeah, there is a pretty good Socrates quote complaining about the youth from 400 B.C. Old people always complaining about the youth. That’s when you know your old. There is more of a problem with ridiculous parents acting like 5 year olds in the stands at the refs

donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

Keep enabling the kids Parents! Yes it is worse now then in years past. Make excuses for the bad actors. Todays society is so sensitive. You have to be encouraging .You cant tell a kid what he did wrong unless you do it in a sensitive liberal arse kissing session. Being negative will tear the poor 18 year old young man down... So we have basically spoiled young men who do no wrong and take no responsibility for anything that goes wrong. Wasn't my fault! I Donald Trump will change this attitude.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

donaldtrump wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:57 am Keep enabling the kids Parents! Yes it is worse now then in years past. Make excuses for the bad actors. Todays society is so sensitive. You have to be encouraging .You cant tell a kid what he did wrong unless you do it in a sensitive liberal arse kissing session. Being negative will tear the poor 18 year old young man down... So we have basically spoiled young men who do no wrong and take no responsibility for anything that goes wrong. Wasn't my fault! I Donald Trump will change this attitude.
*than

Merry Christmas :D

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The biggest problem I see is fans showing their backsides.......
You see a questionable call and then you see a few fans who can't let it go. They spend the rest of the game yelling at the refs.
It's high School sports.
Refs are gonna Miss calls and make bad calls.
Kids are going to act like teenagers and overreact at times.
Coaches are gonna lose their cool.
Throw in some fans who know it all and you get what we have today.
The same thing we've had for decades.
Good coaches have knack for keeping their players in check but sometimes those kids act a fool.
We blame the refs for almost every loss that happens. (I mean, come on, that team couldn't possibly be better than our team!)

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Well said Orange and Brown.

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

I agree O&B. The first thing folks do is blame the refs. I complain about them but I’ll never say they caused a win/loss.

If you ain't first, you're last!
VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

donaldtrump wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:57 am Keep enabling the kids Parents! Yes it is worse now then in years past. Make excuses for the bad actors. Todays society is so sensitive. You have to be encouraging .You cant tell a kid what he did wrong unless you do it in a sensitive liberal arse kissing session. Being negative will tear the poor 18 year old young man down... So we have basically spoiled young men who do no wrong and take no responsibility for anything that goes wrong. Wasn't my fault! I Donald Trump will change this attitude.
I am sure glad you said 18 year old on here Donald. Don't go any higher than that on this Forum or the Sensitive Millenials will be calling for your head. Can't state facts on this Forum or add descriptions either.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VisionQuest wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:35 pm
I love Vinton County
They have a fine program.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

VisionQuest wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:35 pm
I am sure glad we have this wonderful forum and that we live in an area of the state where we celebrate all athletes, regardless of age, sex, creed, or race.
Wow! I couldn't agree more.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Someone is trying to shut me up by stealing my Identity on here and writing statements that I clearly did not write. So I guess this Forum is Compromised. I reported this to an Administrator.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

VisionQuest wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:49 am Someone is trying to shut me up by stealing my Identity on here and writing statements that I clearly did not write. So I guess this Forum is Compromised. I reported this to an Administrator.
So how do we know this isn't a post from the compromised account just trying to confuse people?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

VisionQuest wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:49 am Someone is trying to shut me up by stealing my Identity on here and writing statements that I clearly did not write. So I guess this Forum is Compromised. I reported this to an Administrator.
There is only one account with your name.
Unless you let someone have your password I just don't see how this is possible lol

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

2nd that

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

A lot of misbehavior and moral disregard starts at home, and it unfortunately has carried over to the basketball court, and takes the form of kids disrespecting coaches and officials. More and more we see kids quitting the team because they weren't getting enough playing time, when they probably didn't deserve it in the first place. They want to be rewarded for being lazy during the summer. There are many things in life that these same kids will face that will be much tougher than trying to make it through a basketball season sitting the bench or not playing much.

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

My father did his best to instill in me the values that he lived by, he never acted a fool in the stands towards officials, and when he did coach he was very respectful of them! I on the other hand let my mouth get the best of me, told one ref to get that guy off of my f’n back and got a T. This was in the early 80’s, I was also ejected from a couple of football games as well. Kids are no different now than they were back in the good old days, just old people whining about kids behaviors!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

trojandave wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:26 pm A lot of misbehavior and moral disregard starts at home, and it unfortunately has carried over to the basketball court, and takes the form of kids disrespecting coaches and officials. More and more we see kids quitting the team because they weren't getting enough playing time, when they probably didn't deserve it in the first place. They want to be rewarded for being lazy during the summer. There are many things in life that these same kids will face that will be much tougher than trying to make it through a basketball season sitting the bench or not playing much.
Agree 100 percent.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Agree also 100 percent.

Return to “Boys Basketball”