Top Freshmen and Sophomore Scorers in the SE District

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Top Freshmen and Sophomore Scorers in the SE District

Post by smurray »

trojandave wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:33 pm I saw Truitt last night vs. Waverly. He looked very composed in a highly charged game. Played under control, has a nice shot, and made very few mistakes, which is rare for a freshman at the varsity level.
And that is exactly why I mentioned D1 material, I don't think I "threw it around loosely". With 4 years to go, counting this year, the sky is the limit with this kid. I haven't seen too many Freshman look that good in their second H.S. game.

Jeeps22
Waterboy

Post by Jeeps22 »

Truitt is a great player and kid.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Not a big time scorer but Ruby at Southeasten is one of the better point guards and athletes I have watched , only a sophomore.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

The Warren Warriors and the Marietta Tigers both have nice freshmen classes.
The Warriors have 6’4” G Mikiah Merrit. Rated an Ohio Top 50 player by Buckeye Prep the talents freshman is currently on the shelf with a foot injury. Also for the Warriors is 5’10” PG Seth Dennis. Getting major minuets for Warren providing debth at the guard spot.
The Marrieta Tigers are starting 6’0” PG Mark Duckworth and he is doing a fantastic job running the young Tiger offense. His first points this season were the 1st scored by a Marietta freshman player in a varsity contest since 1990. Also for the Tigers is 6’1” G Tony Munos. Also nursing a injury Munos is a Top #20 player rated by Hidden Gems and Buckeye Prep.

tigerblue
Freshman Team

Post by tigerblue »

WarriorBlue wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:32 pm The Warren Warriors and the Marietta Tigers both have nice freshmen classes.
The Warriors have 6’4” G Mikiah Merrit. Rated an Ohio Top 50 player by Buckeye Prep the talents freshman is currently on the shelf with a foot injury. Also for the Warriors is 5’10” PG Seth Dennis. Getting major minuets for Warren providing debth at the guard spot.
The Marrieta Tigers are starting 6’0” PG Mark Duckworth and he is doing a fantastic job running the young Tiger offense. His first points this season were the 1st scored by a Marietta freshman player in a varsity contest since 1990. Also for the Tigers is 6’1” G Tony Munos. Also nursing a injury Munos is a Top #20 player rated by Hidden Gems and Buckeye Prep.
Merrit and Dennis are definitely the future for the Warriors. Merrit on the inside and Dennis running the show at the point, and not to mention the freshman team itself has started off strong.

Mark Duckworth seems to be holding his own, going up against senior oriented guards in his first 6 games. Curious to know what kind of injury Munos is nursing right now? His very first practice of the year was on Tuesday.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Jayvon Maughmer- Chillicothe - Sophmore

Remember this name!

EagleEye3
Riding the Bench

Post by EagleEye3 »

Hunter Cochenour Soph - Beaver Eastern

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

art_vandelay wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:28 pm
Vito Corleone wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:41 am Would have loved to have seen the Truitt boy stay at Webster. He could have really helped them out this year. Also would have had a better chance at deeper tournament runs. SW will be back in the Regionals again soon, if not this year. The move to Burg just has never made sense to me since he doesn't play football or baseball. But the kid is going to be a player regardless
Agreed, but if Truitt (and his family) thought Burg was the place for him to be, then more power to 'em. There had been rumblings about them not being happy at Webster for a couple of years. I wouldn't want a kid staying if he's not all-in regardless of how talented he is. Webster's program has gotten to the point that it's bigger than any one player. Their program is stockpiled with talent for next 5+ years and will see a few trips to Regionals (and maybe beyond) in that timeframe.*
Was he there 2yrs or 3yrs.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Nathaniel Massie from Federal Hocking has been outstanding. He has had games of 28 and 31. He has to be averaging over 20 a game.

Return to “Boys Basketball”