Re: South Webster @ Oak hill

Post by Vito Corleone »

Oak Hill by double digits

Making offers you can't refuse
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

We were talking about this game the other day and surmised that the last time SW beat Oak Hill at Oak Hill was Kreischers last year as coach. I think that would be 10 straight. Tough place to play for any visiting team.

Perhaps this year is asking too much of the young Jeeps. But — maybe next year the streak can be broken?

Good luck to The Jeeps.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Oak Hill 56
South Webster 36

Blevins foul trouble

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

The oaks are definitely the favorite, but you never know. That’s why we play these games. Some cold shooting on the oaks and some hot shooting by the jeeps. Some early foul trouble for the oaks. We just need to take care of the basketball and make the simple plays. That’s all the boys need to worry about right now. Do that and get some love from the baskets and they could make a game of it. Turn the ball over and Oak Hill will make us pay. That’s what makes sports some much fun. Put it on the line each and every night and see what happens.

If you want the right to complain you must be doing one of two things:
1. Doing your best to make yourself better
2. Doing something to make the world better

If you are not doing one of these things then shut your mouth!
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Jeepmadness: Great post.

There’s always a chance. These kids will definitely show up and play hard.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’ve undersold SW on virtually every prediction this year (my bad)...I now believe they will win 12-14 games this year, a convo lock and a regional contender.

But I don’t see a chance at OH

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

If Webster contends in this game I'll give them an A+. Note I said contend, not win. But you never know, Jeeps might come out and Holgate them for the win LOL

Oaks by 10ish

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Oaktown
Freshman Team

Post by Oaktown »

End of 1st qtr:
Oak Hill 24
South Webster 6

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Oaks win think it was 67-34

size and aggression isn't hard to come by in Oak Hill...
seen a little bit of bright spot out of Webster in the 4th quarter when they decided to shoot some 3's but otherwise Oak Hill looked like the Monstars out there against the toon squad ; unstoppable.

Every other team is playing for second place

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

The national anthem was the best part of this game. State law

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Jeeps got it handed to 'em tonight. Oak Hill just on a different level this year. But Jeeps 4-3 heading into break and got the hardest game on their schedule behind them. Regroup and get ready for New Boston next week.*

JEEPNATION
Riding the Bench

Post by JEEPNATION »

Jeeps just flat out weren’t ready to play! 24-6 1st quarter shows that. Whether it was coaching staff or the kids just not wanting to be there we just weren’t ready to play.

Oaks are the real deal though! I’m curious to see how far they go in the tourney!

Now time for an actual D4 test against new Boston! They’re pretty good so this will be a good game to gauge where we are!

Side note — what’s going on with our JV team??? Really thought our JV would have a good year but we’ve been getting smacked around and the coach typically just sits down the entire game? So strange! If we’re losing the kids need coached up not quit on!

Regardless GO JEEPS!!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

They were gonna get smacked around by Oak Hill regardless if Shane and Connor suited up and jumped in LOL

Next game Websters gonna have to try something besides having Blevins hold the ball at the top of the arc and wait for something to happen. Holgate ball only works if your not down by twenty.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Got to watch Oak Hill last night and they look like a complete team in my opinion.webster come out in the third and hits some 3's to make it a little closer. I think Oak Hill will make a lot of noise come tournament time.

You can't handle the truth
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

JEEPNATION wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:09 am Jeeps just flat out weren’t ready to play! 24-6 1st quarter shows that. Whether it was coaching staff or the kids just not wanting to be there we just weren’t ready to play.

The first quarter was definitely not great from a Webster perspective.

But that’s very interesting —- I’ve never seen a post on this board asking whether the coaching staff wanted to be there.

But then hey— Go Jeeps.

JEEPNATION
Riding the Bench

Post by JEEPNATION »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:50 pm
JEEPNATION wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:09 am Jeeps just flat out weren’t ready to play! 24-6 1st quarter shows that. Whether it was coaching staff or the kids just not wanting to be there we just weren’t ready to play.

The first quarter was definitely not great from a Webster perspective.

But that’s very interesting —- I’ve never seen a post on this board asking whether the coaching staff wanted to be there.

But then hey— Go Jeeps.
Oh stop I just forgot a comma! As in maybe the coaching staff didn’t have the boys ready to play, or maybe the kids just didn’t want to be there. You knew what I meant! No matter which way we word it it was a good ole fashioned butt whoopin!

Like I said before Oak hill is the real deal! No shame in losing to them I just didn’t like what I saw 1st quarter. New Boston is another team that is no slouch so I’m hoping we don’t come out like that next week!

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Fair enough.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

And let me try to answer your side note without degrading this current group of kids—- Cause they are a great group of kids.

South Webster is a small school —- you know that. And their best 6 maybe 7 freshman and sophomores are playing on Webster’s Varsity or New Boston’s varsity or Wheelersburg’s Varsity. How good do you truly expect them to be? These kids are being thrust into roles that they’ve never been in — and hopefully by the end of the year will have improved.

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

Let’s be honest, SW probably isn’t going to win the SOC. Oak Hill isn’t in division 4 so I don’t think SW is too heartbroken or discouraged about getting drilled by Oak Hill, or at least they shouldn’t be. Tournament run > conference championship

Making offers you can't refuse

Return to “Boys Basketball”