TO

55-53 4 seconds to go

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: Northwest @ South Webster 12/19 6pm

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Jeeps shooting 1-1 3.1 seconds remain...
Blevins at the line

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

1st good...

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

2nd good!
TO Webster

57-53 TO Webster
3.1 seconds

NW Inbounding under websters basket...

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Jeeps don't guard anyone NW air ball

57-53 Jeeps FINAL

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Thanks for the updates swanker. Another tough loss for Northwest. SW taking care of business at home. Jeeps will have to play a lot better to stay in game Friday night at Oak Hill.*

burgpirater
Riding the Bench

Post by burgpirater »

congrats on win against bad NW team also my
Pirates lost that’s ok we needed humbled to be motivated

Good news is jeeps you have to start playing real teams now starting with Oak Hill beating you by 30 soon then my pirates double digit wins in 1 week just be ready you need humbled

B-ball-fan
Riding the Bench

Post by B-ball-fan »

Bad Northwest team? Your Pirates will lose at least 6 games in the SOC. You have 1 kid that would start on Oak Hill team. 2 kids at the most that would start on any team on the SOC2.

In youth we learn. In age we understand.
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

I stated after Websters loss to Waverly they would win 13-14 games. I stand by that and I'll double down that they beat Burg twice. Maybe The 4 teams that have lost to the NO SENIOR HAVING Jeeps thought they were a real team LOL

Stay salty my friends

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Also I just want to give a shout out to Websters new HEAD Coach this season whom they should've hired after Kreischer or Ater, Mr. Brenton Cole. Nobody has deserved that job more than him over the years and now in his first season with a new young staff behind him he's building a pretty solid team out of a bunch of sophomores and Juniors. Look for regional runs in the next 5 years cause Webster Basketball is back

B-ball-fan
Riding the Bench

Post by B-ball-fan »

I thought South Webster hit key shots. Northwest just can’t get over the hump. Good luck to both teams moving forward.

In youth we learn. In age we understand.
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Another win at home by The Jeeps. This team is finding ways to win and for such a young (relatively inexperienced) team with a new coaching staff that says a great deal. It truly looks like they trust one another and enjoy the game.

These kids are very easy to root for and I enjoy watching the Coaching Staff and this group work together late in games. This is just the start of a long journey and I hope it continues to be as entertaining.

4 wins in a row is something to be celebrated.

Congratulations Jeeps!!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

4 wins in a row for the Jeeps. I could be mistaken, but, I thought SW basketball has been trending in the right direction since Reese left. Going to be a real fun group to watch next year with some solid 8th graders added to that mix that could add more depth. I’m seeing the convo this year easily with them as serious contenders to win a district title next year

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

juanmorales wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:04 pm 4 wins in a row for the Jeeps. I could be mistaken, but, I thought SW basketball has been trending in the right direction since Reese left. Going to be a real fun group to watch next year with some solid 8th graders added to that mix that could add more depth. I’m seeing the convo this year easily with them as serious contenders to win a district title next year
I thought the same thing but according to Swanker and Lucas this coaching staff is the best ever and the ones before them were horrendous. But if LucasD is who I think he is, then the arrogance isn’t too surprising.

Jeep Basketball has been in good hands ever since the Reese guy left. A couple district titles, an elite 8, heck didn’t they win like 16-17 games last year?

Nonetheless it’s good to see the Jeeps reel off some wins this early in the year. Very interested to see how they do against Oak Hill!
Last edited by D4hero on Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

I really thought SW would win this game fairly easily but NW must be getting better. But 4 in a row is 4 in a row no matter how much you win by. Blevins is a stud and when he gets help from teammates, good things happen. When he doesn’t get help...it could be tough to win games

Making offers you can't refuse
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I have never said anything negative about any coaching staff on this website. Nothing.

Just because I say positive things about this team and coaching staff doesn’t mean I think previous tenures were bad. I joined this website to defend a coach from scrutiny last year.

If you can find anything I’ve said that’s negative then please point it out.

I have 1 user name and I am exactly who you think I am —- never tried to hide it.

I don’t understand why the success of this team is troublesome. They are 4-2. They have a long way to go. They are great kids who play hard.

The coaching staff is doing a nice job.

What’s so bad about that?

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

I guess the point of my post was, in short, it's about time Cole became head coach and obviously they're figuring out how to win games in the last two minutes of the 4th quarter

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

Brenton has most definitely put in the time. To ask anyone else to take the job after this past summer would have been an absolute tragedy

Making offers you can't refuse
Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

B-ball-fan wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:35 pm Bad Northwest team? Your Pirates will lose at least 6 games in the SOC. You have 1 kid that would start on Oak Hill team. 2 kids at the most that would start on any team on the SOC2.

LOL, I would say that the Holden kid would also start on Oak Hill, along with Lowery !!!! On all five would still be starters on any SOC team this year. This Burg Team has had only 8 practices together before playing Northwest and 2 more before playing Waverly ... :D

Return to “Boys Basketball”