Unbeaten Piketon vs Unioto on 12/15/17

mlittle
SEOP

Re: Unbeaten Piketon vs Unioto on 12/15/17

Post by mlittle »

I think ironman92 predicted the U by 8. While officially Unioto won by 10 the score was closer than that. Our bookkeeper missed a basket that the visiting bookkeeper the clock keeper and the refs counted as a basket. Since the home book is official they took the points off at the end of the first qtr.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

ronm001 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:17 pm
mlittle wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:52 pm Congrats to the Tanks! That game was fun! Piketon DOES have shooters. The difference is Unioto knows how to get theirs the ball. That is something that will come with time for Piketon. We outplayed them for 3 qtrs so that's what we're gonna have to take away from this one other than the L! The U is just a little more refined, which is expected since they've played together 4 years. I love the fight in our redstreaks tonight! They could've easily rolled over and took a beating with the way that first qtr went. Keep fighting streaks and let's get Huntington tomorrow night!

Not says by this played a factor in the game but Jesus, high school refs are terrible.
where the shooters? I didnt see them tonight what was the fg % mid 20s at best? I have seen 1 good night of shooters and none against and team with decent guards. If Piketon is gonna go very far or when big games gaurds got play better and move feet quicker on D. How many layups did they get flat out beat on tonight off the dribble a TON

Piketon was 4-13 from 3

Unioto was 4-17 from 3

king kong
Freshman Team

Post by king kong »

Piketon fans today!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

king kong wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:48 pm Image

Piketon fans today!
Haha!

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Okay, so the game was only 8 points then, I'm sure that will make the Piketon feel better. Especially since it was a 15-20 point lead for Unioto until the last 3 minutes. If Unioto keeps the foot on the gas, that lead goes to 25 instead of 10, or 8. I guess I believe a random fan instead of the official book.

Maybe the Streaks should try and move their feet defensively instead of trying to get bailed out by charge calls. Sure they drew 3-4, but were probably called for 7-8 blocks that could've been negated by keeping someone, anyone in front.

They'll win by 50 tonight though. So congrats.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

HamPorter wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:50 pm Okay, so the game was only 8 points then, I'm sure that will make the Piketon feel better. Especially since it was a 15-20 point lead for Unioto until the last 3 minutes. If Unioto keeps the foot on the gas, that lead goes to 25 instead of 10, or 8. I guess I believe a random fan instead of the official book.

Maybe the Streaks should try and move their feet defensively instead of trying to get bailed out by charge calls. Sure they drew 3-4, but were probably called for 7-8 blocks that could've been negated by keeping someone, anyone in front.

Haha! Everyone on here so quick to bash without even understanding the context of the statement. I was only breaking down the point difference from 8 to 10 because 1 person predicted a Unioto 8 point win and another a 10 point win. You think I care about losing by 10 or losing by 8? What's the darn difference? There isn't one. Ya I'm gonna post that because losing by 8 sounds SOOOOOOO much better. Gimme a break

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

mlittle wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:43 pm
ronm001 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:17 pm
mlittle wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:52 pm Congrats to the Tanks! That game was fun! Piketon DOES have shooters. The difference is Unioto knows how to get theirs the ball. That is something that will come with time for Piketon. We outplayed them for 3 qtrs so that's what we're gonna have to take away from this one other than the L! The U is just a little more refined, which is expected since they've played together 4 years. I love the fight in our redstreaks tonight! They could've easily rolled over and took a beating with the way that first qtr went. Keep fighting streaks and let's get Huntington tomorrow night!

Not says by this played a factor in the game but Jesus, high school refs are terrible.
where the shooters? I didnt see them tonight what was the fg % mid 20s at best? I have seen 1 good night of shooters and none against and team with decent guards. If Piketon is gonna go very far or when big games gaurds got play better and move feet quicker on D. How many layups did they get flat out beat on tonight off the dribble a TON

Piketon was 4-13 from 3

Unioto was 4-17 from 3

thanks for proving my point they dont have shooters

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

HamPorter wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:50 pm Okay, so the game was only 8 points then, I'm sure that will make the Piketon feel better. Especially since it was a 15-20 point lead for Unioto until the last 3 minutes. If Unioto keeps the foot on the gas, that lead goes to 25 instead of 10, or 8. I guess I believe a random fan instead of the official book.

you are so correct they take those charges and half the time it is a flop. They just aren't fast enough to stay up with and guard the elite guards in this area.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

ronm001 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:26 pm

you are so correct they take those charges and half the time it is a flop. They just aren't fast enough to stay up with and guard the elite guards in this area.

I agree. I'm just glad we don't play very many elite guards. I'm pretty sure Unioto has the only ones in the league

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

mlittle wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:22 pm I think ironman92 predicted the U by 8. While officially Unioto won by 10 the score was closer than that. Our bookkeeper missed a basket that the visiting bookkeeper the clock keeper and the refs counted as a basket. Since the home book is official they took the points off at the end of the first qtr.
Both books missed a basket by Piketon in the first quarter. It was an unintentional mistake.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

mikepike wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:22 pm
mlittle wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:22 pm I think ironman92 predicted the U by 8. While officially Unioto won by 10 the score was closer than that. Our bookkeeper missed a basket that the visiting bookkeeper the clock keeper and the refs counted as a basket. Since the home book is official they took the points off at the end of the first qtr.
Both books missed a basket by Piketon in the first quarter. It was an unintentional mistake.
Yep, it happens

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Wkkj guys were having a lot of fun with the book error

Return to “Boys Basketball”