Unbeaten Piketon vs Unioto on 12/15/17

ronm001
Freshman Team

Re: Unbeaten Piketon vs Unioto on 12/15/17

Post by ronm001 »

Xtoxxviii wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:52 pm Image

Tanks look for the trifecta in the village as the Freshman and reserve win, varsity in control at the mid point
its been over a long time Piketon has zero shooters and the guards of Unioto were faster and much better than any of Piketons. Austin Taylor was the best thing Piketon had going tonight. Congrats tanks they out played and out coached Piketon

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

63 to 53
The tanks head north with the streak intact

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Good job Tanks . Keep the wins a coming .

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Congrats to the Tanks! That game was fun! Piketon DOES have shooters. The difference is Unioto knows how to get theirs the ball. That is something that will come with time for Piketon. We outplayed them for 3 qtrs so that's what we're gonna have to take away from this one other than the L! The U is just a little more refined, which is expected since they've played together 4 years. I love the fight in our redstreaks tonight! They could've easily rolled over and took a beating with the way that first qtr went. Keep fighting streaks and let's get Huntington tomorrow night!

Not says by this played a factor in the game but Jesus, high school refs are terrible.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Not saying this played a factor*

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

mlittle wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:52 pm Congrats to the Tanks! That game was fun! Piketon DOES have shooters. The difference is Unioto knows how to get theirs the ball. That is something that will come with time for Piketon. We outplayed them for 3 qtrs so that's what we're gonna have to take away from this one other than the L! The U is just a little more refined, which is expected since they've played together 4 years. I love the fight in our redstreaks tonight! They could've easily rolled over and took a beating with the way that first qtr went. Keep fighting streaks and let's get Huntington tomorrow night!

Not says by this played a factor in the game but Jesus, high school refs are terrible.
where the shooters? I didnt see them tonight what was the fg % mid 20s at best? I have seen 1 good night of shooters and none against and team with decent guards. If Piketon is gonna go very far or when big games gaurds got play better and move feet quicker on D. How many layups did they get flat out beat on tonight off the dribble a TON

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

Austin Taylor was the only guard that didnt look a lil intimidated tonight.

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

Welcome to the show Piketon, takes more than just talent.

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

SWJeeps22 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:20 pm Welcome to the show Piketon, takes more than just talent.
the talent looked soft tonight in the oven for the Village

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Unioto moved much better on offense than did the Streaks. Kennedy with 13 in the first quarter set the tone, as his outside shooting opened the middle for Hill and friends. Piketon will be okay, they just need to move the ball quicker and not so much stationary dribbling. More discretion on shot selection will help also.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

ronm001 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:18 pm Austin Taylor was the only guard that didnt look a lil intimidated tonight.
Well, one of those guards was a freshman so yeah he was prolly a little intimidated! I seen what u seen and am not disagreeing. No we don't have a Kennedy type of shooter. The point I was trying to make is Unioto guards are more refined and more comfortable with each other as far as ball movement and getting other players open shots. We have players very capable of making long range shots but just need a little help with spacing and ball movement. I'm Not sure Kennedy created a single basket for himself. Take Kennedy off that team and now all of the sudden Unioto has zero shooters. Unioto is a team full of really good ball players who also happen to be great athletes and are coached very well. A handful for any d3 team

Camp Creek Cougar
Waterboy

Post by Camp Creek Cougar »

Well, not the outcome we wanted tonight. Streaks dig a hole early and couldn’t climb out of it. Not gonna climb out having a poor shooting night. Even as bad a shooting, they fought til the end. Proud of are Streaks! On to tomorrow night against Huntington. Great thing we get to play them again!

We’re staying at Comfort Inn tonight, heading to Riverside in morning, Christmas shop at Smart Mart and Dollar General, then be back at the Oven tomorrow night!

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

mlittle wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:56 pm
ronm001 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:18 pm Austin Taylor was the only guard that didnt look a lil intimidated tonight.
Well, one of those guards was a freshman so yeah he was prolly a little intimidated! I seen what u seen and am not disagreeing. No we don't have a Kennedy type of shooter. The point I was trying to make is Unioto guards are more refined and more comfortable with each other as far as ball movement and getting other players open shots. We have players very capable of making long range shots but just need a little help with spacing and ball movement. I'm Not sure Kennedy created a single basket for himself. Take Kennedy off that team and now all of the sudden Unioto has zero shooters. Unioto is a team full of really good ball players who also happen to be great athletes and are coached very well. A handful for any d3 team

other than Taylor(who has only taken 4 or 5) has any guard have an acceptable % from beyond the arc this year. Im betting the guards are in the 20s% as a group. shooters shoot and can knock down shots even some if not given a perfect pass. Like I said a month ago other than TP which looked soft tonight. Piketon has.nobody that can go score on their own. They have to shoot well in more than 1 game or 2 before Ill think Im wrong. They dont have good form and when the chips are down bad form usually kills ya and it did tonight. The also dont run a good offense either its not coached or the kids wont do what they are supposed to.

ps it's saw

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

ronm001 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:21 pm

other than Taylor(who has only taken 4 or 5) has any guard have an acceptable % from beyond the arc this year. Im betting the guards are in the 20s% as a group. shooters shoot and can knock down shots even some if not given a perfect pass. Like I said a month ago other than TP which looked soft tonight. Piketon has.nobody that can go score on their own. They have to shoot well in more than 1 game or 2 before Ill think Im wrong. They dont have good form and when the chips are down bad form usually kills ya and it did tonight. The also dont run a good offense either its not coached or the kids wont do what they are supposed to.

ps it's saw
I agree other than TP we struggle to create shots

And thank you so much on the grammar check! Very much appreciated!

Our guards will get better. It's early. Will they collectively be what the U's guards are? Maybe not but it's what we have so we're gonna have to make it work!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

ps it's saw
And I'll take a "soft" 22 pts and 11 rebs from Perdue every single night

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

I think I predicted the U by 10. This game was won by controlling the game and it starts up top at the point. The average fan won't realize how good Swackhammer is. He can beat u without taking a shot. Piketons got lots to look forward to but they are not beating Unioto. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

ronm001
Freshman Team

Post by ronm001 »

mlittle wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:55 pm

ps it's saw
And I'll take a "soft" 22 pts and 11 rebs from Perdue every single night

he is better than he played you know that he missed tons of shots. if you take 22 from him each night you will loose 7 out of 10 games. With that team he has to put in over 26 near 30 for them to win against better teams

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

svc_guy wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:16 am I think I predicted the U by 10. This game was won by controlling the game and it starts up top at the point. The average fan won't realize how good Swackhammer is. He can beat u without taking a shot. Piketons got lots to look forward to but they are not beating Unioto. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.
That's an understatement. It's no wonder they've won the games they have won with a kid like Swackhammer running the point. That's the first time I've seen him play in person. HE IS GOOD!! I totally agree with the average fan statement. Only 8 points on the books but he dominated that game last night.

seopcommenter
Riding the Bench
Location: i like to back my statemints up with historical factoids

Post by seopcommenter »

whoa! i and lots of others were way off of this one

i thought piketowns pressure would rattle the long time starters and collegebound guards

now that i typed it out, it sounds prety silly lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

:roll: loose

Return to “Boys Basketball”