Athens @ Logan (12/16)

VisionQuest
All State

Re: Athens @ Logan (12/16)

Post by VisionQuest »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:53 pm Saltzmen injured
Dickleman quit
Albin quit
Next man up...Gehrig and Koska need to be on their game and be Ready...Butcher should start to see more minutes as well. Need his offense.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Athens you have nothing to lose. Everyone is writing you off in this one and thus there is no pressure. If you can pull this out you will have some Believers, if not then you will do what some are expecting and lose. It's a loss, you will learn from it and move on. As for me I have the Faith of A Mustard Seed. Just go out and play and have fun, never know what can happen on any given night.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Koska was in walking boot Tuesday.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:52 pm Koska was in walking boot Tuesday.
My inside sources tell me he will be back Tomorrow night. I hope so.

SportsRule
Freshman Team

Post by SportsRule »

I respect first amendment rights, but it grates me when the names of kids are used unnecessarily. Like so and so quit - I know there is no harm intended - but...
Alexander probably loves all of the attention Logan is getting from Athens.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

SportsRule wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:30 pm I respect first amendment rights, but it grates me when the names of kids are used unnecessarily. Like so and so quit - I know there is no harm intended - but...
Alexander probably loves all of the attention Logan is getting from Athens.
This is a Topic on a Forum, it is being discussed among interested parties. Just because we Are talking about this- it has no direct bearing on whether or not Athens is "overlooking" Alexander. I assure you they are focused on 1 game at a time. And what is shared here doesn't amount to a hill of Beans as far as how information would affect the outcome of a game. As I have said before these kids are in the public spotlight so their Names will be mentioned, if it is too Egrerious then I am sure the Comment would be removed by Adiminitrators of this Site.

seopcommenter
Riding the Bench
Location: i like to back my statemints up with historical factoids

Post by seopcommenter »

whoa we cant say names now????

i thought this was america

i think names are fine as long as no one is ridiculing the kids for there decisions or talking down about them...what i seen above did neither

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Down grading a high school coach or player isn't allowed on here. Words should be used very careful on why a player is not playing either.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
SOC94
Freshman Team

Post by SOC94 »

I’ll take Logan by a bunch. Sounds like they have a pretty stout team this year reading all of PFloyd’s napkin stats and reviews. Really great what you do for teams in this part of the state with the weekly rankings and the Elite 8. Always a great read.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Logan wins 72-37

therealNY
Freshman Team

Post by therealNY »

Not sure I can say go Bulldogs but I sure in the hell can’t say go Chieftains.

65-58 - The Plains.

If you ain't first, you're last!
moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:16 pm Down grading a high school coach or player isn't allowed on here. Words should be used very careful on why a player is not playing either.
Like I have said b-4 leave the student/athletes alone! BUT Coaches are fair game since we as TAXPAYERS are paying there salaries and they should be held accountable! :mrgreen:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

moonshine wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:07 am
noreply66 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:16 pm Down grading a high school coach or player isn't allowed on here. Words should be used very careful on why a player is not playing either.
Like I have said b-4 leave the student/athletes alone! BUT Coaches are fair game since we as TAXPAYERS are paying there salaries and they should be held accountable! :mrgreen:
Well you better take it up with Matt...you do not pay for the site

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

You are not paying the salaries of all the coaches in the state, seems like each school district has a different number of coaches that are "paid" and several that are not paid.
Also if you want to call out a coach publicly then you should have to do it with something other than a screen name. Not all folks who get on here and read or post know the real identity of the posters. Man up and use your name so folks outside athens and hocking county know who you are. Maybe state your qualifications that make you qualified to make statements so we know you are actually knowledgeable in the areas you are talking about and just not grinding a personal grudge against said coach.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

Take note no one from Logan has named any Athens Players for any reason . Pfloyd mentioned the Logan Players as reference only . Good luck to both teams .

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

justpassinthru wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:55 am
You are not paying the salaries of all the coaches in the state, seems like each school district has a different number of coaches that are "paid" and several that are not paid.
Also if you want to call out a coach publicly then you should have to do it with something other than a screen name. Not all folks who get on here and read or post know the real identity of the posters. Man up and use your name so folks outside athens and hocking county know who you are. Maybe state your qualifications that make you qualified to make statements so we know you are actually knowledgeable in the areas you are talking about and just not grinding a personal grudge against said coach.
Good post but I did not see on this thread where anyone was bashing a coach. Did I miss something? Moons been calling for coaching changes for a long time.Lol

justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

Truth&fiction wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:01 am

Good post but I did not see on this thread where anyone was bashing a coach. Did I miss something? Moons been calling for coaching changes for a long time.Lol
Just reacting to the "Coaches are fair game" general statement.

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

Agreed, as long as no one is making negative comments. This is more informational and opinion.
seopcommenter wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:50 pm whoa we cant say names now????

i thought this was america

i think names are fine as long as no one is ridiculing the kids for there decisions or talking down about them...what i seen above did neither

Allthewayup11
Freshman Team

Post by Allthewayup11 »

Whew!!!! OK! I think this will be a closer game than most think. Athens played them well during the summer sessions. This will be a tough game for Athens @ Logan, but hopefully they can perform well against Alexander and get some momentum going into Saturday night without injury. They are talented but lean as it is. Athens has been playing great defense lately and hopefully can turn the corner on scoring to make it a competitive game. So in the spirit of APP State over Michigan, Athens 67- 64. LOL! Good luck to both teams!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

You are not paying the salaries of all the coaches in the state, seems like each school district has a different number of coaches that are "paid" and several that are not paid. HEAD COACHES
Also if you want to call out a coach publicly then you should have to do it with something other than a screen name. Not all folks who get on here and read or post know the real identity of the posters. Man up and use your name so folks outside athens and hocking county know who you are. Maybe state your qualifications that make you qualified to make statements so we know you are actually knowledgeable in the areas you are talking about and just not grinding a personal grudge against said coach. WE all pay taxes they are employees and all employees no matter what busy they are in must be held accountable no matter if it is production and or wins and losses! :mrgreen:

Return to “Boys Basketball”