Meigs @ Athens Dec 12

VisionQuest
All State

Re: Meigs @ Athens Dec 12

Post by VisionQuest »

tvc_fan wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:29 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:23 pm No Mattox and Athens barely winning?
We will handle.them easily at home if all are healthy
Baer got his tonight. Have to play him a little tighter next go around he kept you guys in it with 22 I believe and 5 3s. This game wouldn't have been close-but Chubb was off a little tonight after making 6 3s last game, could only connect on 2 tonight. Athens New PG also looking better and better everyday and got his 1st double digit game with 13 or 14-Athens like Meigs also dealing with injuries and other things, but really starting to click-with 4 players in double digits tonight-Cozart's 3 ball really starting to fall as Well-should be a real good game the next go around if all are healthy.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

VisionQuest wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:08 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:23 pm No Mattox and Athens barely winning?
Baer got his tonight. Have to play him a little tighter next go around he kept you guys in it with 22 I believe and 5 3s. This game wouldn't have been close-but Chubb was off a little tonight after making 6 3s last game, could only connect on 2 tonight. Athens New PG also looking better and better everyday and got his 1st double digit game with 13 or 14-Athens like Meigs also dealing with injuries and other things, but really starting to click-with 4 players in double digits tonight-Cozart's 3 ball really starting to fall as Well-should be a real good game the next go around if all are healthy.
Baer was hitting, but Darst had a bad game.tonight...MEIGS played very sloppy and still played till the last few minutes. Went away from faceguarding Cozart when he made his 3's...and that was by a first time started on him...throw a healthy Mattox in there next time and I don't see it being a close game at all....sorry I like the players and coaches, but don't feel like Athens is what people make.them.put to be.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

tvc_fan wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:24 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:08 pm

Baer was hitting, but Darst had a bad game.tonight...MEIGS played very sloppy and still played till the last few minutes. Went away from faceguarding Cozart when he made his 3's...and that was by a first time started on him...throw a healthy Mattox in there next time and I don't see it being a close game at all....sorry I like the players and coaches, but don't feel like Athens is what people make.them.put to be.
We will see on the 19th. Meigs was 0-4 starting out last year and look how they turned it around. Guess you only think your team is capable of having players start to figure out their Roles and turning things around-Athens now 2-3 and 2-0 in TVC. Now you are 0-6 and claiming not a close game next time We play. You claim Darst didn't have a good game, well our Big man Hynes will have a better game next time-so we will See you on the 19th.

headknocker
Waterboy

Post by headknocker »

[quote="Dandy Don" post_id=1620450 time=1513105534 user_id=423]
[quote=tvc_fan post_id=1620404 time=1513099768 user_id=2841]
93, Vision and Raider if your gonna be at game tonight it would be nice to introduce myself to.some fellow SEOP members that I have talked smack with for a few years.
[/quote]

No lol don't do that, then everyone gets all lovey-dovey and tones down the rhetoric in the future. Just stay semi-anonymous and talk a little smack lol.
[/quote]

Yes it is much more fun to keep identity hidden. TVC fan has already falsely accused me of being two different people already. Can’t wait to see who he tries to “out” me as next.

Hornetz_Fan32
Freshman Team

Post by Hornetz_Fan32 »

Kinda sounds like it could be conditioning with meigs not being able to finish down the stretch, not sure though. I am not sure if another could have changed the game or not. He could have been on or off. Same as any player on either team. Sounds like the baer kid might be ready to lead the meigs team the rest of the season. Someone has to step up for the depleted meigs team. The rematch should be a good one. I understand that athens wasn't close to 100% either.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Hornetz_Fan32 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:42 am Kinda sounds like it could be conditioning with meigs not being able to finish down the stretch, not sure though. I am not sure if another could have changed the game or not. He could have been on or off. Same as any player on either team. Sounds like the baer kid might be ready to lead the meigs team the rest of the season. Someone has to step up for the depleted meigs team. The rematch should be a good one. I understand that athens wasn't close to 100% either.
Conditioning and depth....another should definitely have changed the game, especially Mattox, on an off night he is gonna get you 10-15 ppints5, but most importantly his ball handling, vision, defense and leadership...we had so many turnovers last night. I understand Saltzman was out, but he is still learning with Lutz gone, he isn't gonna come in and throw up 15-20 points...the pg done a fine job last night.

Baer is finally getting in basketball shape, after being out with the football injury, and not even getting to.practice 4 days before opening night in Jackson.

Mattox before injured averaging 27 ppg., Baer getting back in rhythm and Bartrum running the point...I think Meigs will have the better trio of guard play in tvc-oh...the #4 spot in Darst and #5 in Musser will have to continue to improve. Then throw in a few of the bench that has been getting to play because of injuries. Roush done a great job faceguarding Cozart last night, it was when the defense was changed and Cozart wasn't being face guarded is when he made us pay. Cozart had 0 points in first and as soon as we stopped faceguarding in 2nd he dropped 5 points instantly.

I am not saying Athens.isnt any good, they are a good team, but they are not what everyone made them out to be. Losing Lutz has impacted them more then anyone thought it would.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

tvc_fan wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:57 am
headknocker wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:14 am
Dandy Don wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:05 pm

No lol don't do that, then everyone gets all lovey-dovey and tones down the rhetoric in the future. Just stay semi-anonymous and talk a little smack lol.
Yes it is much more fun to keep identity hidden. TVC fan has already falsely accused me of being two different people already. Can’t wait to see who he tries to “out” me as next.

Hide behind a name and talk about others, there is a name for that. I believe it's called a big stud.
LOL, all you do is threaten to beat others up. Very sad!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Not sure why TVC fan keeps saying 'not what everyone made them out to be?'

Athens was an 0-3 team just a few days ago with 3 blowout losses. Nobody was crowning them league champions, in fact, it was quite the opposite.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

tvc_fan wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:59 am
Hornetz_Fan32 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:42 am Kinda sounds like it could be conditioning with meigs not being able to finish down the stretch, not sure though. I am not sure if another could have changed the game or not. He could have been on or off. Same as any player on either team. Sounds like the baer kid might be ready to lead the meigs team the rest of the season. Someone has to step up for the depleted meigs team. The rematch should be a good one. I understand that athens wasn't close to 100% either.
Conditioning and depth....another should definitely have changed the game, especially Mattox, on an off night he is gonna get you 10-15 ppints5, but most importantly his ball handling, vision, defense and leadership...we had so many turnovers last night. I understand Saltzman was out, but he is still learning with Lutz gone, he isn't gonna come in and throw up 15-20 points...the pg done a fine job last night.

Baer is finally getting in basketball shape, after being out with the football injury, and not even getting to.practice 4 days before opening night in Jackson.

Mattox before injured averaging 27 ppg., Baer getting back in rhythm and Bartrum running the point...I think Meigs will have the better trio of guard play in tvc-oh...the #4 spot in Darst and #5 in Musser will have to continue to improve. Then throw in a few of the bench that has been getting to play because of injuries. Roush done a great job faceguarding Cozart last night, it was when the defense was changed and Cozart wasn't being face guarded is when he made us pay. Cozart had 0 points in first and as soon as we stopped faceguarding in 2nd he dropped 5 points instantly.

I am not saying Athens.isnt any good, they are a good team, but they are not what everyone made them out to be. Losing Lutz has impacted them more then anyone thought it would.
Do you really believe Mattox can average 27 ppg for the entire season ( a ginourmoys feat, especially for a point guard) and don't you think that Meigs is a much better team when he doesn't have to score 27 and can count on others to contribute? You can't just plug 27 pts to a total as him scoring that isgoing to take away from others totals. I know you know this but I'm just saying. I'd say he will at least average 20 or so when he gets back and I'd much rather see his assists up to average a double double.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:26 pm
tvc_fan wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:57 am
headknocker wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:14 am

Hide behind a name and talk about others, there is a name for that. I believe it's called a big stud.
LOL, all you do is threaten to beat others up. Very sad!
I don't see a threat being made at all???

Just a believer that if you have something to say, don't be afraid to say it to someone (such as the person he is blaming for ruining Meigs Basketball)
I'd say he even talks to this person and pretends to be his friend.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:05 pm

Do you really believe Mattox can average 27 ppg for the entire season ( a ginourmoys feat, especially for a point guard) and don't you think that Meigs is a much better team when he doesn't have to score 27 and can count on others to contribute? You can't just plug 27 pts to a total as him scoring that isgoing to take away from others totals. I know you know this but I'm just saying. I'd say he will at least average 20 or so when he gets back and I'd much rather see his assists up to average a double double.
Absolutely Not, no way he would average 27 ppg. I said he will get you 10-15 points a game...His average was 14 ppg. last year...Not big numbers...But that helps a team out. His defense, assists, ball control, vision tremendously helps a team out.

Will we have beat Gallipolis with him the whole game...Maybe, maybe not, he would have helped for sure...Would we have beat Warren, no idea, we had Mattox and Baer and Bartrum all injured. Would we have beat Ironton..Yes if we had Baer and Mattox, Would we have beat Athens...Yes I think so, I don't think we would have had as many turnovers because of his ball control.

I have never and will never say that if they don't have Mattox they won't win a game, They have to have ALL their players this season with the lack of bench we have. Players are ending up tired in the 4th because of very little rest. Add just one player and that will allow others to get a rest.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Very hard for an athlete to come back from an injury and be the type of player they were before the Injury. It's just the way it is. Takes time and sometimes it just doesn't happen. I just hope these kids with injury aren't putting extra pressure on themselves because these teams are counting on them to try and salvage a season and in doing so try to come back too early and subject themselves to something that can screw them up for the rest of their lives. This is just a game and not worth lifelong health and quality of life issues.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

tvc_fan wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:17 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:05 pm

Absolutely Not, no way he would average 27 ppg. I said he will get you 10-15 points a game...His average was 14 ppg. last year...Not big numbers...But that helps a team out. His defense, assists, ball control, vision tremendously helps a team out.

Will we have beat Gallipolis with him the whole game...Maybe, maybe not, he would have helped for sure...Would we have beat Warren, no idea, we had Mattox and Baer and Bartrum all injured. Would we have beat Ironton..Yes if we had Baer and Mattox, Would we have beat Athens...Yes I think so, I don't think we would have had as many turnovers because of his ball control.

I have never and will never say that if they don't have Mattox they won't win a game, They have to have ALL their players this season with the lack of bench we have. Players are ending up tired in the 4th because of very little rest. Add just one player and that will allow others to get a rest.
Good answer.

Return to “Boys Basketball”