DII - Logan sectional

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: DII - Logan sectional

Post by 93Bulldog »

WarriorBlue wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:25 pm Hey don’t count out my Warriors just yet 93Dog!
By the way things are going right now, I'm not counting anyone out. Lol

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

WarriorBlue wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:25 pm Hey don’t count out my Warriors just yet 93Dog!
Warren could play there way to third seed which is huge. No one wants to match up with Fairland first game at the Convo. They are a machine

Sheridan vs Fairfield Union in January is for the #1 seed

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Some Bulldog Faithfuls already counting Athens out. SMH.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:19 pm Some Bulldog Faithfuls already counting Athens out. SMH.
Not counting them out - but based on what has happened thus far, there is probably no way to secure a top 2 seed.

A few years ago Athens lost two games, TWO, to Warren and Logan Elm and it cost them dearly. EVERY game counts in high school basketball. EVERY game is remembered when the tourney draw comes around ... 18 point loss to Watterson, who lost to Fairfield Union will be weighed heavily. 23 point loss to Warren will be weighed heavily ... Athens is (1-3) with 2 games vs Logan remaining. at Jackson will not be easy. 2 games vs Vinton County (with Yates probably back). AT Marietta. Vs Morgan, who beat Warren! AT Logan Elm is never an easy place to play and Stiverson teams get better as the season goes along. That game isn't until mid January ... And heck, lets throw in two games vs Nelsonville-York too. One of which will be very shorthanded.

The Bulldogs have a tough road ahead.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:01 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:19 pm Some Bulldog Faithfuls already counting Athens out. SMH.
Not counting them out - but based on what has happened thus far, there is probably no way to secure a top 2 seed.

A few years ago Athens lost two games, TWO, to Warren and Logan Elm and it cost them dearly. EVERY game counts in high school basketball. EVERY game is remembered when the tourney draw comes around ... 18 point loss to Watterson, who lost to Fairfield Union will be weighed heavily. 23 point loss to Warren will be weighed heavily ... Athens is (1-3) with 2 games vs Logan remaining. at Jackson will not be easy. 2 games vs Vinton County (with Yates probably back). AT Marietta. Vs Morgan, who beat Warren! AT Logan Elm is never an easy place to play and Stiverson teams get better as the season goes along. That game isn't until mid January ... And heck, lets throw in two games vs Nelsonville-York too. One of which will be very shorthanded.

The Bulldogs have a tough road ahead.
I have the Faith of A Mustard Seed

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The good news with challenging games left is there are opportunities to prove yourself and improve your resume.

But no matter what, the 23 point loss to Warren will hang around the Bulldogs neck like a big fat albatross! It does every flippin year!

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:17 pm The good news with challenging games left is there are opportunities to prove yourself and improve your resume.

But no matter what, the 23 point loss to Warren will hang around the Bulldogs neck like a big fat albatross! It does every flippin year!
That’s what makes the Tournament season so incredible. One and done. No tomorrow. I think Athens could right the ship 🚢 and maybe get a 4-5 game. It could come down to a rematch in Logan of Warren /Athens.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

WarriorBlue wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:18 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:17 pm The good news with challenging games left is there are opportunities to prove yourself and improve your resume.

That’s what makes the Tournament season so incredible. One and done. No tomorrow. I think Athens could right the ship 🚢 and maybe get a 4-5 game. It could come down to a rematch in Logan of Warren /Athens.
With Williams as the new starting PG it is bringing a whole new dynamic to this team, he is getting Better every game. I would also like to see Butcher get more minutes, he is a Force-I would like to see more of Hynes, Butcher and Chubb on the floor Together. I just think this Team is no-where near their Potential right now-but headed in the Right direction.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:05 pm

Is
With Williams as the new starting PG it is bringing a whole new dynamic to this team, he is getting Better every game. I would also like to see Butcher get more minutes, he is a Force-I would like to see more of Hynes, Butcher and Chubb on the floor Together. I just think this Team is no-where near their Potential right now-but headed in the Right direction.
I don’t see why the Butcher kid doesn’t get major min. He plays basketball 🏀 year round. He plays top level competition. As recently as a year ago he was MVP at both Buckeye Prep Showcase and Hidden Gems Showcase. Both premier events that draw many of the nations elite players. Surely he should be one of the kids getting quality minutes.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:05 pm

Is
I don’t see why the Butcher kid doesn’t get major min. He plays basketball 🏀 year round. He plays top level competition. As recently as a year ago he was MVP at both Buckeye Prep Showcase and Hidden Gems Showcase. Both premier events that draw many of the nations elite players. Surely he should be one of the kids getting quality minutes. The kid is a winner comes from a great family. Most of all he got talent. That’s not coming from me it coming from people who make a living judging talent on a national level.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I don't know how much 'year around' basketball he plays. Athens takes football pretty serious late summer to October and the kid is a big part of their team. I've said it before, Butcher has a better chance of playing college football than basketball.

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:10 am I don't know how much 'year around' basketball he plays. Athens takes football pretty serious late summer to October and the kid is a big part of their team. I've said it before, Butcher has a better chance of playing college football than basketball.
No doubt but as weak as the interior defense looked against Warren Butcher would have to be an asset
As far as year around I’m sure during football these last 2 season has curtailed some but the level the kid plays at is better than TVC competition 4sure. Worth a try IMO!

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

Fairfield Union vs. Logan Elm Friday night at Logan Elm. It's always a tough place to play, but I think FU's size and experience is to much for LE this time. FU by 10.

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

What happened this week in this sectional??? And....................GO

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Bud07 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:17 am Fairfield Union vs. Logan Elm Friday night at Logan Elm. It's always a tough place to play, but I think FU's size and experience is to much for LE this time. FU by 10.
LE is BAD, will battle Athens for the play in game. FU #1 Warren #2

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens plays at Marietta Tuesday.
Athens plays at Logan Elm Jan. 13th

* Athens is playing Morgan on Jan 16th ... not sure why the Bulldogs are not playing New Lex instead of Morgan. We had been playing the Panthers for quite some time. But not this year.

Marietta is an important game (and I'm not sure they will have Maxfield). Logan Elm is an important game. Must wins. And maybe a split with Vinton County can get Athens out of the 8 vs 9 scenario and a date with Fairfield Union.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Athens will for sure be above Circleville and Westfall, just gotta jump one more team. That may be Marietta or New Lexington or both. Or even LE. I'd be shocked if Athens is in a playin game.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:20 pm Athens will for sure be above Circleville and Westfall, just gotta jump one more team. That may be Marietta or New Lexington or both. Or even LE. I'd be shocked if Athens is in a playin game.
So beat Logan Elm on the 13th and hope to be the No. 6?

I like that plan. lol

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

93Bulldog wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:14 pm Athens plays at Marietta Tuesday.
Athens plays at Logan Elm Jan. 13th

* Athens is playing Morgan on Jan 16th ... not sure why the Bulldogs are not playing New Lex instead of Morgan. We had been playing the Panthers for quite some time. But not this year.

Marietta is an important game (and I'm not sure they will have Maxfield). Logan Elm is an important game. Must wins. And maybe a split with Vinton County can get Athens out of the 8 vs 9 scenario and a date with Fairfield Union.
Maxfield should be here still for Marietta. Nelsonville and Jackson I'm doubting.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

According to pfloyd Athens is No. 6 seed at the moment ...

Logan Elm (2-2)
South Point (2-2)
Lynchburg Clay (2-2)
Miami Trace (2-4)
35 Crooksville (3-2)

Athens (2-5)
Ironton (1-3)
Washington CH (1-3)
Nelsonville York (2-1)
40 New Boston (5-1)

Marietta (1-3)
Minford (2-3)