Athens vs Gallia - season opener

Geronimo
SEOP

Re: Athens vs Gallia - season opener

Post by Geronimo »

7 foot player and wing span will change most everyone's shot unless it's from down town! As for staying at Gallia ? He is good for the school and for southeastern Ohio, There is kids that get over looked ! You never know a scout could be in the house watching the big kid and say who is this other kid ? Because up north kids get the first look.jmo Good Luck GA

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:08 am So, was Athens successful in shutting down Peck? How was the vaunted Athens zone defense?
Peck was in street cloths, did not play.

Not sure it mattered what defense Athens played, Loveday had a great night and there was probably nothing the 'Dogs could do to stop it.

The defense wasn't the issue for Athens last night, they held Gallia to 55 points. Scoring 32 is not going to win many basketball games. Scored just 7 in the first quarter, 8 in the second, came out and netted 11 in the 3rd, but just 6 in the fourth. If they don't learn TEAMWORK and understand BALL MOVEMENT real quick, winning 12 games will be a serious challenge. You can get away with isolation basketball and try and drive to lane and go over two defenders if you are Huber Heights Wayne or Pickerington Central - but this is southeast Ohio and the game is not played that way. We don't have 6'6 wing players who can dunk or ultra quick guards who can get to the rim at will. You MUST run an offense, you MUST move the ball, you MUST move without the ball and you MUST try and look for the open man who has a good look at the basket.

There is a reason the Vinton Counties and Warren's are good year after year regardless of the pieces on the floor ...

Good news for Athens ... there are 21 more games to get better before the tournament! Just play better tonight versus Watterson than you did vs Gallia ... try and play better Tuesday vs Warren than you play tonight ... and so on ...

Padrino_Azul ☠️
Waterboy

Post by Padrino_Azul ☠️ »

Good opening night for the Blue.Loveday was good as advertised. Call is a heck of a athlete. The Blouir is a kid to watch , probably should play a little more . Wiseman had a good solid all round game . Good atmosphere in the building. Congrats Blue Devils, hopefully the start of a good year .

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:37 pm
VisionQuest wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:31 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:25 pm How many shots did Loveday affect?
Several. I will be surprised if he doesn't go to a Prep School after this Season. Offers will start pouring in soon.
Offered OSU before sophomore season even started. Leaving for a prep school won’t affect his ability to be recruited by elite college programs....it may benefit his development but that isn’t for certain
You are correct that him going to a prep school will not affect his recruiting. What it will do is make him more college ready when he steps onto campus so D1 coaches will start pushing his parents to go the prep route.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I know nothing about the Loveday situation myself personally. But Loveday is a young sophomore and I here that they are hearing more from college coaches that they would like him to redshirt to finish growing into his body and maturing more then people talking about prep school...

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I thought wiseman Played a solid game. I can’t say any blue devil had a bad game Henry got into foul trouble early but besides that I was happy. People talk about Loveday and blocking no shots thing I like about this team is what Loveday had what 5 or 6 blocks.. but I thinknwiseman had 2 and call 2 and mccellend 1 or 2. That is a big part of there defense.

People not at that game I am sure. Think with that score somebody slowed it down or played half court basketball. Not that the teams were full blast up and down court. But that game was played at a fairly good pace all the fouls and turnovers stopped any real flow from happening.. seemed to me there were a lot of fouls for all the more foul shots that were taken.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Gallia is really good. Gallia vs Fairland will probably be the best game in the area. Good luck the rest of the way Gallia. Athens needs to shoot better from three.

Tonight Athens gets another shot at playing a very big post player. Hopefully the three point shots fall

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Raider ... I'd still rank ...

1. Fairfield union
2. Fairland
3. Vinton
4. Unioto/gallia

In D2

Granted, Peck did not play last night. I'd like to see the blue at full strength. Loveday is special, but Gallia doesn't have the speed and quickness on the perimeter as ffu, fairland & VC. Should be a really good D2 district tourney at the convo. I could be completely wrong and gallia could beat everyone, idk. Lol

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Fairland is by far the best team in our area. Everyone else is playing for second

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:44 pm Fairland is by far the best team in our area. Everyone else is playing for second
Lol I don't think so.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:01 pm Gallia is really good. Gallia vs Fairland will probably be the best game in the area. Good luck the rest of the way Gallia. Athens needs to shoot better from three.

Tonight Athens gets another shot at playing a very big post player. Hopefully the three point shots fall
You once again show your ignorance of high school sports and talent evaluation. Or maybe it’s just that you type without thinking. This “best game in the area” was over when the bus pulled into the parking lot.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:39 am
Raider6309 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:01 pm Gallia is really good. Gallia vs Fairland will probably be the best game in the area. Good luck the rest of the way Gallia. Athens needs to shoot better from three.

You once again show your ignorance of high school sports and talent evaluation. Or maybe it’s just that you type without thinking. This “best game in the area” was over when the bus pulled into the parking lot.
Look a couple post up. I said Fairland was by far the best team in seo and it’s not even close. Your reading comprehension is awful. You should go back to girls basketball

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:23 pm
thebarlowbandit wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:39 am
Raider6309 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:01 pm Gallia is really good. Galslia vs Fairland will probably be the best game in the area. Good luck the rest of the way Gallia. Athens needs to shoot better from three.

Look a couple post up. I said Fairland was by far the best team in seo and it’s not even close. Your reading comprehension is awful. You should go back to girls basketball
“Galslia vs Fairland will probably be the best game in the area.”, so you really didn’t mean this then, because this is exactly what you said. So how good was that game??

Return to “Boys Basketball”