D3 In SE Ohio 2015-2016

purpleblood1
JV Team

Re: D3 In SE Ohio 2015-2016

Post by purpleblood1 »

I heard Chesapeake will be D4 this year.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

PurpleBlood1 wrote:I heard Chesapeake will be D4 this year.
Last year the cutoff was 120, so Chesapeake at 134 would be a bit of a stretch to make it to D4, but you never know until the numbers are released

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Columbus Africentric's count of 210 for the 2015-2016 season would put them in D3 if the cutoff stays above that number. They would be the most legitimate threat to the Athens regional from the Central District. They defeated 2015 D3 regional champion Columbus Eastmoor twice last year, but lost to Harvest Prep in the 2015 Athens D4 regional final. The Central District has a 6-0 record at Athens in the D2, D3, and D4 regional the past 2 seasons.

It still has not happened..........a D3 SE team winning the state championship from the SE District out of the Athens regional since the OHSAA expanded to 4 divsions in 1988.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Ironton not only has the three returning starters and the kid from Coal Grove but they have four players that will be freshmen this coming season. Ethan Wilson has been the point guard with this group and is playing for a team out of Huntington which plays in the National Youth Basketball League. That league currently is made up of the top ranked basketball players according to age. There are roughly 40 teams in the league with kids who can do things most college athletes can't do. There are kids as tall as 7'2" in this league as 8th graders who play anywhere along the east coast and Midwest. Also playing in this league are Tanner Wilson and Kyle Adkins who play for Riverside. Riverside is a team made up of kids from fairland, South Point, Coal Grove, Ironton, Lucasville, and pike county. Ryan Bryant also plays travel ball on a team called the shooting stars. They play in a number of tournents throughout mostly Ohio. These four kids are all very talented and I feel if they work hard through the off season they all could have a great shot at some good minutes. I'm sure the sophomores, juniors and seniors won't just let them take their spots without making them earn it. Competition makes for a great team. I look for a great year from Ironton for that reason.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

IBTT wrote:Ironton not only has the three returning starters and the kid from Coal Grove but they have four players that will be freshmen this coming season. Ethan Wilson has been the point guard with this group and is playing for a team out of Huntington which plays in the National Youth Basketball League. That league currently is made up of the top ranked basketball players according to age. There are roughly 40 teams in the league with kids who can do things most college athletes can't do. There are kids as tall as 7'2" in this league as 8th graders who play anywhere along the east coast and Midwest. Also playing in this league are Tanner Wilson and Kyle Adkins who play for Riverside. Riverside is a team made up of kids from fairland, South Point, Coal Grove, Ironton, Lucasville, and pike county. Ryan Bryant also plays travel ball on a team called the shooting stars. They play in a number of tournents throughout mostly Ohio. These four kids are all very talented and I feel if they work hard through the off season they all could have a great shot at some good minutes. I'm sure the sophomores, juniors and seniors won't just let them take their spots without making them earn it. Competition makes for a great team. I look for a great year from Ironton for that reason.
I agree, that Freshmen class to be is loaded with talent. The Fighting Tigers are going to be fun to watch the next 4 or 5 years that's for sure.

Return to “Boys Basketball”